This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

House Hunting

Comments

• I'll be putting an offer in on one of the houses I checked out this weekend.
  • post the link it's not like we are going to snipe you ^_^
  • We should split off a new thread from this one called "Home Improvements". I've not hunted a house in 7 years, but my current home is in constant state of flux.
  • For some reason, I ended up reading that as "I've not haunted a house in years", and ended up imagining some mad business where Luke's just freaking people out in his spare time by pretending to be a ghost.
  • House looks pretty good remember to always underbid, you can always go up but never go back down again. (Unless you find something wrong that needs fixing.)
  • My agent ,a guy that also just Kick Starter'ed his own board game, thinks we can get it at 175,000$. Unless we get into a bidding war. Then he suggests I avoid the hell of of it.
  • It's been on the market for 4 months and has dropped it's price twice. So it's doubtful you'll end up in a bidding war.
  • I sure hope not. I love the location, but I can see where it wouldn't work for everyone. Bad school district, no "walkability", and next to a garage. We'll see.
  • Next to a garage? Plenty of parking!

Is it just me or do the rooms in the house have too much stuff in them?
  • My agent ,a guy that also just Kick Starter'ed his own board game, thinks we can get it at 175,000$. Unless we get into a bidding war. Then he suggests I avoid the hell of of it.
    Which game?

Which game?

Monolith

• I got into a multi-offer bid where the other Buyer's Realtor is also the Seller's Realtor. Normally, I would have gotten screwed over; but other guys is being amazingly professional about this. I give him all the credit for being professional in a situation where he stands to double his payday.

My realtor even said the other guys is backing my bid as the better offer, and let me know that the Seller isn't a person. It's a relocation company that currently owns the house. No idea which one. It's added to the pile of paperwork, but they've already done a few inspections that will save me a few hundred. It's also made me think about a Closing Date. I put down April 5th as a tentative date.

I then went to the grocery store and bought sour cream that expries 12 days after my potential closing date... Freaky,,,
  • yea if your shit is together financially no reason to not push up the closing date.
  • Nothing unusual about Realtors backing the better offer. Half commission is better than no commission!
  • Cool story. I got the house. :)
    PARTY AT WYATT'S!

PARTY AT WYATT'S!

Forget party. I could hold a boardgame con at this place. I shall call it WyAimee Con (pronounced Whammy). Actually, I'll most likely invite the FRC and the folks from ZP over one weekend for a boardgame competition.
  • Near Albany, right?
  • This is the place in Selkirk, right? On 9W?
  • Yup. It's a little South of Albany. I lived in the area from 2004 till September of last year. Then I moved to Melrose. Lets say that I want to go back.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1177-Us-Route-9w-Selkirk-NY-12158/29675105_zpid/
  • That's what I thought. You're like 7 minutes south of my meat guy.
  • Is the square footage number total or just the main floor? What's the deal with that super wide hallway?
  • Just the first floor. Basement space doesn't count. 1500 first floor. 1200 basement.

I think you're talking about the basement. It's super huge.
  • And it's gone!!!

Apparently verbally accepting my offer didn't stop them from taking another bid on the house and tossing me back into another multi-offer situation. I like this place a lot, but it's already on the high end of my price point. I'm not interested in living cheap in a expensive house.
  • Hang in there man. House hunting has got to be one of the all-time most stressful endeavors.
  • You didn't have the accepted offer in writing? Well, lesson learned I suppose.
  • Great. Now I have to deal with neighbors who do not respect the property line. If you need to park an extra car on the grass put it on your grass not mine!