This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bulls*clap*hit

edited September 2006 in Everything Else
If this is not a TOTD I don't know what is. This is a list of over 40 full episodes of Penn and Tellers Bullshit! on Google Video.

Enjoy!

Comments

• That's freakin' awesome...though I understand the less scrupulous out there have been able to find, somewhere in the depths of the internet, something called "torrents" containing all of their shows
  • That's freakin' awesome...though I understand the less scrupulous out there have been able to find, somewhere in the depths of the internet, something called "torrents" containing all of their shows
    This is much easier and faster to obtain.
  • This is much easier and faster to obtain.
    Certainly true...but the rips available do make for better living room viewing, I've found. By all means, though, everyone who hasn't watched this show should at least check out the google video archives. This show has sparked a lot of dialog between my friends and I. P&T;'s methods are certainly not the most scientific, but they at least raise good points to consider, and in a very accessible fashion
  • One of my favorite eps dealt with Intelligent Design in the schools and the school district used was the one in which I went to High School. (sigh)
  • Some of the later episodes are a little meh, but it's still an excellent show. I particularly recommend the ones on chiropractic, genetically modified food, and PETA. Or, if you want a laugh, Nostradamus.
  • edited September 2006
    Hey Rym, you watch any of the Season 4 eps? They seem to be a good deal better than the season 3 that I've watched so far.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Heh, I just saw two eps. on TV a couple of hours ago. They were Safety Hysteria, a good one, and The Business of Love, which was not quite as good. The only episodes I really disagreed with were Recycling and Second-Hand Smoke.
  • One of my favorite episodes is the bottled water episode. Most recently I saw the college episode, which wasn't so great. I agree with them about diversity, but the main point was supposed to be how you didn't need to go to college. They talked about that for maybe 5 seconds then moved on.
  • The only P&T Bullshit episodes I don't quite like are the ones where they rant about political subjects, such as the death penalty and prostitution. That doesn't mean I don't disagree with them, it's just that the episodes aren't that entertaining.
  • I'm very libertarian in my ideology, but I very often find myself disagreeing with Penn on a number of issues. (That's part of the reason I like to call myself "libertarian with a lower-case L"). I believe that, by default, everyone is and should be free to do what they wish, and that no law should inhibit this without due cause.

Everyone forgets that last part ;^) Unlike Penn, I'm more than OK with the government providing police forces and schools, or helping to fund social welfare programs. I personally would like to see a minimal nationalized healthcare initiative. I want to government to err on the side of liberty while at the same time working toward the common good. You can't talk ideology without at least considering the practical side.

Penn seems to always focus entirely on the ideology and often ignores important practical considerations, even to the point of arguing against the idea of arguing that his ideas are impractical...

I like the show a lot more when they simply expose frauds, charlatans, and liars.
  • Great link! Thanks for sharing bro.
  • Of the newer episodes, I really liked the Boy Scouts episode.
    I am all for private organizations having whatever member restrictions they want, but government money and services should not be provided to a private organizations. It is like the Jews for Jesus... frigging pick a side and stick to it!

Either they let in any child OR they give up financial support and services from the government.

While I do sometimes disagree with Penn, I love when he gets his dander up!