This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Recommendations for local multiplayer games

edited June 2011 in Video Games
Need 2 weeks worth of coop (versus is fine too I suppose) games. Any system but PS3, PS2 and DS is fine. We already have enough fighters, so ignore those.
Maybe some horror, kart racing, something Zelda-esc.

Much appreciated =3

Comments

• You Don't Know Jack.
  • Oh, yes, also, 2 players. And LAN PC games won't work either..

The best kind is the ones where you can continue forever as long as one of you stays alive so I can have fun distracting the person I'm playing with >=)
  • Oh, yes, also, 2 players. And LAN PC games won't work either..

The best kind is the ones where you can continue forever as long as one of you stays alive so I can have fun distracting the person I'm playing with >=)
    Halo Reach(as well as ODST) are pretty decent for that. And you have Firefight mode on top of that, where it's the two of you against endless waves, and co-op campaigns.
  • I'd suggest Resident Evil 5 as a fun co op game. I think it has a competitive mode but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Thanks for ^, thought it would be a good thing to list the games we have.

Halo 3, Resident Evil 5, New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Donkey Kong Country, Epic Yarn, Contra, Chip & Dale, Borderlands, CoD MW2/BlOps, Four Swords Adventures (dunno how that'll be with only 2 players), Splinter Cell Conviction, Blue Shadow, Mario Kart Wii, Last Story.
  • Gears of War 2, not only for co-op campain but also hoarde mode. Earth Defence Force 2017 because well it's EDF, big guns, big insects and robots, what's not to love?
  • Me and my brother had a lot of fun with the Wiiware game Nyx Quest. (2 player co-op)
    Also, Pixel junk shooter is quite good. Again, 2 player co-op.

If you have 2 DS, just play Tetris all day :)
  • Me and my brother had a lot of fun with the Wiiware game Nyx Quest. (2 player co-op)
    Also, Pixel junk shooter is quite good. Again, 2 player co-op.

If you have 2 DS, just play Tetris all day :)
    Tetris is a good idea, and I'll look into Nyx Quest, however, Pixel junk games are PSN exclusive, and I don't have me one of dem fancy PS3's.
  • Yep, Nyx quest is a great game, very overlooked due to the abysmal interface that is Wiiware.

Sin and Punishment is surprisingly fun on the Virtual Console if you can stomach a N64 game. You both control the one character, one aims, one shoots. Makes it actually playable :P

If you have an emulator you can play a ton of cool SNES games, Secret of Mana, Bomberman etc

I guess you can even PAY for them on the VC if you had a real craving for some old school gaming :)

But yeah, Tetris. Me and one of my friends just play that till our hands cramp up, usually around the 2 hour mark. Tetris party DS or the original Tetris DS, both are good. I prefer party, some don't.
  • Oh, right, I forgot to mention that we have Sin and Punishment 2. I suggest Secret of Mana, but he turned it down =( And Bomberman's a great idea. Thanks again.
  • A great suggestion given to me when I asked the same question was LittleBigPlanet.
  • edited June 2011
    No PS3. Know if the PSP version is any good? Besides, I don't actually like the platforming of the PS3 version, so if the PSP one is only that and no building, that's no good either. I heard LBP2 has better jumping curves, but does that hold true for the campaign as well? Or is that just something players can fix when making their own stages? Is LBP2 for PSP =P?
    Post edited by Aria on
  • I will throw Portal 2 out there since I have not seen someone say that one yet.
  • Oops, I glanced over your post and thought that was the list of systems you had. I don't know anything about the PSP version, sorry.
  • Other guy has already beat the Portal coop without me, and that game isn't suited for playthroughs with people on different 'skill'/knowledge-levels
  • you said no PC LAN stuff, but if you have just one PC and two controllers, the SMBX co-op is really fun. It is just like the single player, but both of you play at once, and as long as one of you lives, the other just respawns. If you get all of the level packs, there are at least a few hours of entertainment in this game.
  • you said no PC LAN stuff, but if you have just one PC and two controllers
    Yes, that works. We were gonna do Trine like that. And SMBX is noted. Thanks
  • Worms: Reloaded I think is the name of the latest PC Worms, that would be a solid choice, and you can get it on Steam.