This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I can't find this anime!

Comments

• Well i just wanted to say it wasn't any of them... sadly.
    If you want one more tip, it wasn't as old as those ones. It came with a show on CN where these guys would rescue this place in some canyon and fight out of these chairs with which they slided on ropes through the canyon. Now I don't think I can dig up more old memorys ;)
  • Wait a second. What you just described wasn't anime at all. It was a short lived toy line from the 80's. Crap I can't even remember the name of it but everyone in the show had a zipline, and they would fight from those ziplines.
  • That was not just a toy line from the 80's. I remember very specifically there there were toys and a cartoon from the 80's that involved combat vehicles travelling on cables tied across canyons. I know for a fact that it was first grade when I had these toys. That means it was either 1988 or 1989 when this show was on. I've been trying all morning to find a website about this show

However, this does bring up something else. I don't think you were watching Cartoon Network. You were probably watching Cartoon Network's Boomerang. That is a sattelite station which shows only old cartoons. Most things they show are Hanna-Barbera productions. Your best bet is to look at the boomerang schedule during a block of actions shows and see if any of the shows match your description. That's what I'm doing right now.
  • Could be, I don't really remember. Sorry.
  • I now know one more Show that came at that time I think.
    Captain Planet
  • That was not just a toy line from the 80's. I remember very specifically there there were toys and a cartoon from the 80's that involved combat vehicles travelling on cables tied across canyons. I know for a fact that it was first grade when I had these toys. That means it was either 1988 or 1989 when this show was on. I've been trying all morning to find a website about this show
    Yes I still have a few of the toys. But I cannot remember the name of the show for the life of me. The figures were the same style of figures as the M.A.S.K ones and each came with a bungee-like string that connected to the figure then wrapped around a grappling hook device. They were a lot of fun.
  • edited September 2006
    No chance it was Jayce and the Wheel Warriors? Though I don't think those were robots, the show did have vehicles that transformed (kind of), and the toys had all kinds of tools/implements that could be switched out: grappling hooks, buzzsaws, lasers, etc.

There were also Robo Riders, Bravestar, Ulysses 31, and GoBots... so many more. I'm surprised I ever had time to eat with so many cartoons to watch in the 80s.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Just wanted to bring this back up. ;)
  • So, is there anyone who can help me out now? ^_~
  • Max, if you can list the facts you've got so far, could people just post lots of pictures that fit the description? One should eventually jog your memory.
    • The main robot was orange and piloted by a boy
    • Robots were pretty tall and piloted from the inside (and, as so often, naked)
    • The good team was made up of about 5 kids (maybe more or less)
    • They fought with guns and their fists against "the bad robots"
    • They'd usually end up in situation they couldn't get out of by themselves
    • This mystical white robot would then roll in and save the day
    • The show aired during the same period of time as Captain Planet on Satellite English Cartoon Network
    • The main robot was orange and piloted by a boy
    • Robots were pretty tall and piloted from the inside (and, as so often, naked)
    • The good team was made up of about 5 kids (maybe more or less)
    • They fought with guns and their fists against "the bad robots"
    • They'd usually end up in situation they couldn't get out of by themselves
    • This mystical white robot would then roll in and save the day
    • The show aired during the same period of time as Captain Planet on Satellite English Cartoon Network
    The only thing I can think of right now is one of the gundam series, but this is so general, there's not a lot to go on. The air date would be nice, but they've been doing Captain Planet reruns since the early 90's when it originally aired.

Anyway, if this was an early 90's Cartoon Network show, I almost definitely watched it, so I'll be thinking about it. I definitely keep thinking of gundam, and specifically G Gundam, just because of the suits and near nakedness.

Anyway, these are the best I can do. Are they close?

• SD Gundam?
  • Here's a left-field suggestion - The Mighty Orbots?
  • It may be G Gundam, but I'll have to watch one or two more episodes to be sure.

As I said, the 2 most important facts are the main guys robot being orange and the one white mystery robot which rolls in to save the day. :)

Thanks anyway, I'll be watching some Gundam. ^^
  • It may be G Gundam, but I'll have to watch one or two more episodes to be sure.

As I said, the 2 most important facts are the main guys robot being orange and the one white mystery robot which rolls in to save the day. :)

Thanks anyway, I'll be watching some Gundam. ^^
    Is not G Gundam. Because it doesn't sound as manly as G Gundam
    Also, they are not naked.
    The only one that appears kind of naked was Rain and that was at the very last episode.
  • Your right. Plus the mech isn't orange. ^_~
  • I wouldn't know much about Go Nagai, but didn't he make shows like that? Maybe that might be a place to look. But knowing little of giant robot shows, I would take anything I say on the subject with a bit of salt.
  • Go Bots?
  • Macron 1/GoShogun ?
  • Go Nagai created manly robots and the only combining robot only had tree guys and there were no kids.
    If you gave up, I recommend the manly Getter Robo

• Medabots
    I watched it a few years ago on Tele 5 in Austria and really liked it.
  • edited February 2009
    • The main characters robot was orange
    • The robots were big - something between Evangelion and Escaflowne
    • I believe the main pilot was still a boy/ young teenager
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • I found this thread. The third anime he is trying to remember seems to be the same one that you are trying to remember.
  • its about 3 friends (2 boys 1 girl) one day they see a battle with robots and stuff they panic and head into one of the space ships this is where the main guy gets into a pile of junk to hide from the enemy trying to kill him but the pile of junk is really a robot which he used to beat the enemy later his friends get robots too, later on a mysterious white robot appears that combines with the friends robots to transform into stronger version of there robots, the main guy turns into a lion, the other guy friend into a dragon the girl turns into a phoenix, then later on the main guy gets control of the white robot.
    This may possibly be it! But I'd have to see at least a picture to be sure. But the part with the Lion seems very familiar - I'd totally forgotten...
  • Do you have any other colors for sure? We know the main guy in the show is orange, which I'm thinking is possibly just a red that looks orange?

For some reason, now that I read that, the thing where they turn into those three things as opposed to a normal five definitely hits a nerve.

So, do you remember if they were just giant robots, and their transforming power upgrade thing was that they turned into animals? I mean, were these animals anime in appearance, or all blocky and fake looking?
  • Slowly but surely I seem to be remembering more and more.

I'm pretty sure that the "animals" just slightly resembled a lion, etc. - they were fake looking.

And yes, possibly it wasn't orange, but just a very orangey red. ^_~
  • I'm pretty sure that the "animals" just slightly resembled a lion, etc. - they were fake looking.
    OMG. I had a toy as a kid that was an orange robot lion that transformed into a mech. I think I know the show you're talking about, I just can't remember the name either.
  • edited February 2009
    The anime you are looking for is Might Gaine, well I think the one you are looking for because of the opening.

If that is the one I would also recommend King of Braves Gao Gai Gar!

Sorry guys I just had to do it.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I don't think it's Might Gaine. Might Gaine is a train.