This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Flea Market

Comments

• edited January 2012
    It's like Rule 34 and Rule 35 that way. Case in point, someone joked about making an /r/picsofdeadchildren, and now that is a subreddit. Also, let us not forget Cephalopods Gone Wild.

Actually, let's.
    I don't believe the latter exists. But this does. It is safe for work.

EDIT: OH GOD MY EYES
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • It's like Rule 34 and Rule 35 that way. Case in point, someone joked about making an /r/picsofdeadchildren, and now that is a subreddit. Also, let us not forget Cephalopods Gone Wild.

Actually, let's.
    I don't believe the latter exists. But this does. It is safe for work.

The latter exists. Enjoy your nightmares.

• Reddit: A site where people better than this forum and worse than 4chan comingle.
  • I got comics. Is anyone willing to pay a flat rate for a box full of mystery books, or do you want to make me do more work?
  • I got comics. Is anyone willing to pay a flat rate for a box full of mystery books, or do you want to make me do more work?
    Trades or issues? If the former, more work plz.

Depends. How much are we talking, and how many books? I'm open to the idea, depending on the price:book ratio.
  • I was recently organizing my manga/ comic shelf and notice I ave things I no longer want. I am thinking of doing something similar. I'll come up with a list when I am not lazy.
    Depends. How much are we talking, and how many books? I'm open to the idea, depending on the price:book ratio.
    I'm in the same boat as these two.
  • I have a bunch of old comics from the 90's that I want to get rid of. If anybody might be interested I will put together a list of them.
  • I have a bunch of old comics from the 90's that I want to get rid of. If anybody might be interested I will put together a list of them.
    I would definitely be interested.
  • Here is a bunch of stuff I have and want to get rid of. Giving friends, family, listeners, and other people first dibs before I go to eBay or Craigslist. If you are legitimately interested email me apreche@frontrowcrew.com.

First up we have these Dell Ultrasharp monitor stands. They came with my 24" monitors, but I have the arms instead. Will work with any Dell monitor that uses the same kind of mount. The best monitor stands Dell makes. Free! Just get them out of my apartment.

Here was have an actual Dell Ultrasharp 20" monitor. Read all about it here:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&sku=320-6523

Obviously it's used and a little dirty. Still in great condition and works perfectly. I can give you any power, VGA, and/or DVI cables you might need. Asking $50.

Here is my old 17" Samsung 172x monitor. Back in the day this was the best monitor you could get and cost $500. Now you can have it for $30. Even though it's a crummy 17" LCD by today's standards, it's still the coolest and most styling monitor of all time. I wish they made modern monitors that looked like this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001146

Yes, I have a Google Cr-48, the first Chromebook. It's cool to have, but it's not useful at all. Comes with power adapter. Barely used it. Basically in perfect condition. Asking $100. They go for more than that on eBay, so good deal.

Ah, my trusty old Fujitsu P7230 laptop. Good times. This is a core solo, but I upgraded the RAM to 2GB, and I also put a 16GB SSD in there. It's a netbook by today's standards, but it was an ultrabook when it came out. The screen resolution is still amazing 1280x720 at only 10"! smallest pixels I've ever seen other than Apple retina displays.

The side slot can hold an extra battery or a cd-rom, both included. I think that there might be a crashy problem when using the second battery, though. Main battery works fine, and lasts a relatively long time. Also includes two AC adapters for convenience. Sorry it is covered in nerdy stickers. You can try to take them off if you want. Lastly, it includes a protective zipper case to protect it inside your bag. The hard disk will be blank when I give it to you, so bring your own OS. Asking $100 for the whole thing.

http://store.shopfujitsu.com/ca/EcomCA/buildseriesbean.do?series=P7230

Last, but most, what everyone seems to want, my old desktop from 2008. Here are links to all the parts. 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, NVidia GTX 460. 500W PSU. DVD burner. memory card reader.

NO HARD DRIVES. You must bring your own. I can include SATA cables, power cables, and other minor accessories you may need. The front panel of the case is kind of finnicky and hard to remove, and even harder to put back on. The side panels are awesome, though. Everything in the box works perfectly, and can still play lots of modern games at good frame rates. Asking $250 for the whole thing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371007
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106073
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211282
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129018
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130562

Again, if you are legitimately interested in any of this stuff, email me apreche@frontrowcrew.com.
  • I'd take that ultrabook off your hands, and the dell monitor as well. I was thinking about the chromebook, but I'd rather have a sturdy Lenovo to do hacky things on.
  • I'd take that ultrabook off your hands, and the dell monitor as well. I was thinking about the chromebook, but I'd rather have a sturdy Lenovo to do hacky things on.
    When can you come over here and take them away?
  • Dat Yotsuba sticker.
  • How does tomorrow after work sound? I get off around 6pm.
  • Man, I'd buy the fuck outta that chromebook, but it's just not in my budget right now. Ah well, shit happens, aye.
  • How does tomorrow after work sound? I get off around 6pm.
    Podcasting.
  • edited August 2012
    Man, I'd buy the fuck outta that chromebook, but it's just not in my budget right now. Ah well, shit happens, aye.
    How much do you have? I got it for free originally, so it's all profit on my end. I really just want to get rid of this shit. Also, it really really sucks. Touchpad is unusable.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Wednesday or Friday? Thursday is FNPL.
  • Dat Yotsuba sticker.
    I saw the girl who did those in may anime convention artist alleys. She also had Mega Man and Thundercats stickers. Should have asked her to marry me.
  • Wednesday or Friday? Thursday is FNPL.
    Either is just fine since Wednesday board gaming was canceled.
  • Alright, Wednesday it is. What time is good, 6:30ish (Chinatown to Astoria shouldn't take more than 30 mins, I would expect)?
  • edited August 2012
    Man, I'd buy the fuck outta that chromebook, but it's just not in my budget right now. Ah well, shit happens, aye.
    How much do you have? I got it for free originally, so it's all profit on my end. I really just want to get rid of this shit. Also, it really really sucks. Touchpad is unusable.
    Well, let's put it this way - If I ate cheap for a while in the future, I could afford the laptop at a hundred bucks, but it'd be sitting in your house for at least another month or three while I saved up for the expense of shipping it here safely. I'd rather Yosho have it and get some use out of it, than it sit on your shelf while my paychecks roll in at uncertain times for uncertain amounts. Between rent, food, and assorted expenses, I'm usually pretty tapped at the moment.

I figured it wouldn't be fantastic compared to other gear, but it doesn't need to be - it would basically be my out-and-about work laptop, almost entirely word processing and basic audio recording off an external mic - while it's useless for you, it's ideal for the purpose. But, it's really a replacement to improve utility over how I'm doing it now, as much as I want it, I don't strictly need it. And Want(not need) + lack of firm cash flow + lack of savings means that someone else should have it, as much as I appreciate you kind offer.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I might take that Samsung LCD off your hands. How much for shipping to 91325?
  • I'd rather Yosho have it and get some use out of it, than it sit on your shelf while my paychecks roll in at uncertain times for uncertain amounts.
    I'm getting the Lenovo, the Chromebook is still up for grabs. Can't say I know anything about shipping costs, though. :-/
  • edited August 2012
    I'd rather Yosho have it and get some use out of it, than it sit on your shelf while my paychecks roll in at uncertain times for uncertain amounts.
    I'm getting the Lenovo, the Chromebook is still up for grabs. Can't say I know anything about shipping costs, though. :-/
    Oh yeah, sorry, I went the wrong way on that - when you said ultrabook, my head went to the chromebook, not the lifebook. I'm a bit dumb today, I'm starting to burn out on work.

Either way, when I say shit happens, I mean it. It's no huge issue, another opportunity will arrive.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'd rather Yosho have it and get some use out of it, than it sit on your shelf while my paychecks roll in at uncertain times for uncertain amounts.
    It's not a Lenovo, it's a Fujitsu.
  • Er, right. We're all messing up today!

(Scott, want to PM me time and address?)
  • I'll shoot you an email later after I think about it but I might be interested in that Dell monitor. Good news is that you could just bring it with you to PAX and I'll just grab it from you.