This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"The Ledge" (A Pro-Atheism Movie!)

edited June 2011 in Movies
I just recently learned about a movie called "The Ledge". It's a thriller about a man about to commit suicide, and according to all sources, is very much pro-atheism.

It's being released in NYC and LA on July 8th with the possibility of further releases if it does well. For those of you not in either of these cities, much like myself, you can stream the movie on their website for $9.99. While I haven't gotten a chance to actually sit down and watch it I definitely intend to and I hope that enough support is garnered to allow for a wider release. If you're on Facebook, think about "liking" their page.

IZFX7C1a94U

Comments

• Actually, it looks pretty bad. :/
  • Actually, it looks pretty bad. :/
  • It didn't look terrible, just really I have no idea why he's on the ledge and in the end I don't really care :-p
  • is very much pro-atheism.
    So is reality, which is depressing and scary, which is why people invented God.
  • Just to watch "Paul".
  • "It's pro-atheism" isn't a film premise. Come on, guys.
  • is very much pro-atheism.
    Actually, that trailer makes me think it's more "anti-crazy-religious" more than it is "pro-atheist."
  • This isn't 'pro-atheism'. It's pro-bigotry.
  • This looks bad enough to be the sequel to The Room. "YOU ARE TEARING ME APAHT OFFICE LADY."
  • Well, it's 7.3/10 on IMDB, so perhaps it's decent.
  • Well, it's 7.3/10 on IMDB, so perhaps it's decent.
    Or maybe not.
  • Mainstream press is calling it the Brokeback Mountain for atheists. Believing in God is like believing in the tooth fairy. Being gay is the way some people are made. I suppose the metaphor is more focused on acceptance by the mainstream, but to me it's more a question of mass delusion versus bigotry.
  • I like the premise of the movie, but the preview makes me think it's going to miss the mark a bit.