This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Justin Timberlake buys MySpace.

edited June 2011 in Technology
Just days after Google unveiled its new + project, Rupert Murdoch realized that he could no longer compete.

MySpace has been sold to Justin Timberlake.

Comments

• Anyone else see the irony of this considering Timberlake's role in the Social Network?
  • Anyone else see the irony of this considering Timberlake's role in the Social Network?
    I also considered this.
  • edited July 2011
    Heh.

Heheh
    Heheheheh...
    HAHAHAHAHA...

SO LONG MYSPACE!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I guess he first tried for Geocities.
  • Am I the only one who thinks it may still be able to survive on a tiny niche, possibly with a music-centric role?

Also, Murdoch lost over $1 billion on the deal. If it weren't for Myspace Tom, we Americans might be living in a totalitarian neo-con fruitopia.
  • edited July 2011
    If it weren't for Myspace Tom, we Americans might be living in a totalitarian neo-con fruitopia.

That might not be so bad.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Man, now I want some fruitopia...
  • Man, now I want some fruitopia...
    That was the good shit!
  • Oh bygone beverages... bring me domr Whipper Snapple and we'll talk!

This thread didn't take long to go off the rails. But I guess, how much can you really say about MySpace?
  • Also, Murdoch lost over $1 billion on the deal. If it weren't for Myspace Tom, we Americans might be living in a totalitarian neo-con fruitopia.
    Its better than living in a liberal Moxie.
  • I've never used MySpace for anything but music.
  • Moxie
    Speaking of beverages of a bygone era....
  • Moxie
    Speaking of beverages of a bygone era....
    We've still got it in Massachusetts and northward. You can't walk 10 feet in Maine without finding the shoe polish disguised as a soda.
  • Moxie taste like ear wax.
    How do you know what ear wax tastes like?
  • We all know Ro. Even you were six years old once.
  • We all know Ro. Even you were six years old once.
    No. I never ate any of that stuff, including paste, glue, rubber cement, chalk, or crayons.
  • No. I never ate any of that stuff, including paste, glue, rubber cement, chalk, or crayons.
    Just bogies/boogers, scabs and the crusty stuff that you get in your eye? You missed out.
  • No. I never ate any of that stuff, including paste, glue, rubber cement, chalk, or crayons.
    Just bogies/boogers, scabs and the crusty stuff that you get in your eye? You missed out.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree.
    Aww man! where else I'm gonna put those crusties?
    Aww man! where else I'm gonna put those crusties?
    I never heard of anyone eating the crusties. o_O
  • Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree.
    You don't know what you did as a weeee little girl. You probably ate boogers, ear wax, etc and maybe sucked your thumb religiously back then. Unless your parents are freaky enough to tell you about that sorta stuff.
  • crayons
    I ate part of a crayon when i was in first grade or around there, but it was for science. I asked my mom if "non-toxic" meant you could eat the crayon and be perfectly fine, and she said that you might get a stomachache, but wouldn't die. So I decided to test this by eating a small part near the end of the crayon. I got a stomachache, but I'm wondering if it was psychosomatic.
  • Out of 25 posts, 6 of them have been about Justin Timberlake and Myspace. I dub this the Most Off Topic Thread of the Front Row Crew Forum!
  • Not even close.
  • Not even close.
    What was that one where it started off as something about trolls and ended as a bunch of quote pyramids and shit?
    How do you know what ear wax tastes like?
    As I kid I never ate ear wax but I couldn't help but find out what it smelled like. Smell and taste are intertwined with each other. So Moxie soda taste a bit like ear wax.
  • Not even close.
    I counted. It's six, including the Rupert Murdoch Fruitopia post that started the sodas of a bygone era mess.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree.
    Sucking on a fresh cut brings a deliciously metallic goodness with which few legal foods can compare.