This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Justin Timberlake buys MySpace.

2»

Comments

• Not even close.
    I counted. It's six, including the Rupert Murdoch Fruitopia post that started the sodas of a bygone era mess.
    Not even close to what he was trying to say.
  • I counted. It's six, including the Rupert Murdoch Fruitopia post that started the sodas of a bygone era mess.
    Luke said that this thread is nowhere close to being the most off-topic thread on the forums. What you seem to think it meant doesn't even make sense. Regardless, as was already pointed out, there have been threads that are worse off (or better off) in regards to how off-topic they are.
  • And now instead of the "old sodas" thread or the "what did you eat when you were a toddler" thread, it is the "explain Luke's comment to Shadoworc01"
  • *bump*

The reason for Justin's purchase of this site was finally revealed at CES.

MySpace TV is on the way.
  • So people whats the verdict on the old ear wax? We've had top men working on this and I want answers!
  • MySpace TV? Makes me glad I always avoided that crap. Particularly due to them emos.
  • I guess this business plan is actually WORKING for them.

MySpace gets 1 million new users over the past month.
  • MySpace is still around?
  • edited February 2012
    "Tim Vanderhook, the site’s chief executive says, that Myspace has over 42 million songs, which blows away the 15 million that Spotify can claim (in the U.S., anyways)."
    It would seem Myspace wants to be a Spotify competitor.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited February 2012
    Note that all nearly all of those songs are demos from some guy's friend's rap project, or similar.

The difference between MySpace and Spotify is that anyone can host music on MySpace, but you need recognition (i.e., more than a demo recorded using your netbook's built-in mic) to get on Spotify.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • One-Man-Myspace-Grind metal is a genre for a reason...