This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Worst Web-Comic Contest!

Comments

• And Just to make the animators of the forums cry, the CAD animated series season 2 trailer.

I can barely draw a stick figure and I think that's embarrassing.
  • My nomination is for The Wotch. It is simply a bad comic with weird fetish overtones.

Honorable mentions go to Dominc Deegan and Moon over June(NSFW!).
  • Those at the very same comics that showed - especially to WOW players, apparently, but even to some outsiders to the WOW world - that he didn't play WOW at all.
    He *did* play WoW and had a huge amount of drama in it. Penny Arcade and PVP both had WoW guilds associated with them and Tim needed one too. Then when the guild didn't progress/go the way he wanted he logged on in a drunken rage at night and guild kicked everyone from it.
  • edited July 2011
    Entry withdrawn because new information (to me) has arisen. It was not my intention to make fun of people with autism.
    Haven't you guys heard of Sonichu?
    Because this guy "feeds them trolls big tasty steakTM" his site goes down frequently, so the rest of the comic can be found here.

"Fed them trolls big tasty steak" is trademarked by Scott Rubin 2011.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Progshell, just no.
  • Progshell, just no.
    The only rule of this is "post links to the worst web-comics you can find." This...thing...is probably the worst...thing...I've ever encountered in my life. It also happens to be a web-comic.
  • Sonichu is just too easy, there is no real sport to it.
  • edited July 2011
    Sonichu is just too easy, there is no real sport to it.
    I agree. As a guy who doesn't read many web-comics (Anime News Nina and occasionally Penny Arcade) I don't have a huge knowledge base. At the same time, if there's a worse web-comic out there... I don't know. The stated goal is to find the worst comic after all. If it was a worst anime contest, I would have submitted Odin or Crystal Triangle. Too easy? Yes. No real sport? Yes. Some of the worst things ever? Absolutely.
  • The only rule of this is "post links to the worst web-comics you can find." This webcomic is probably the worst webcomic I've ever encountered in my life. It also happens to be a web-comic.
    Fourth post, this thread:
    Recall that in the Worst Podcast Contest, the eventual winner (if you can call it that) was not the worst quality objectively, but was the worst in terms of what the people involved should have been capable of and considering a sort of minimum bar. That one with the punk kids yelling unintelligibly was bad, but AP, while not as bad objectively, was "badder" per listener.
    Get a fucking clue or lobotomise yourself. I'd settle for either.
  • edited July 2011
    Same post.
    In general, your entry should be so bad that it's notably bad. Something bad enough to where exploring just how bad it is is a sort of adventure, or a train wreck from which you just can't seem to look away no matter how much you want to.
    My entry fits the bill. I believe that any "Worst Webcomic" discussion should involve Sonichu at some point.

If everyone agrees (and by that I mean someone who wasn't permanently banned from this forum for being obnoxious) that Sonichu is out of the running, I second whoever nominated MegaTokyo.
  • edited July 2011
    Pretty sure Powerup Comics is stealth parody.
    Ahahaha. That reminds me of the time I made up a fake punk band, recorded some fake songs, made a fake website, and trolled the shit out of my local punk scene.
    Oh god. That's awesome.

Gamer Chicks. Basically ""Look at me I'm a GIRL with BREASTS who likes to PLAY VIDEOGAMES and I DON'T NEED YOUR ATTENTION except really I DO PAY ATTENTION TO ME". Every joke and plot is essentially "I went to the video game store to buy video games but all the guys were staring at her giant boobs because she is a woman who likes to play video games and every guy is fantasizing about her."
    Girls Don't Play Games took that concept and didn't do that. It was good and then it faded. Sigh...
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Ahahaha. That reminds me of the time I made up a fake punk band, recorded some fake songs, made a fake website, and trolled the shit out of my local punk scene.
    That's so fucking punk rock.
  • Ahahaha. That reminds me of the time I made up a fake punk band, recorded some fake songs, made a fake website, and trolled the shit out of my local punk scene.
    Oh god. That's awesome.
    Oh mans, I found it! I thought this stuff was lost to the ages, but I checked on my server, and it's still there! I found one of the songs, too. It's probably funnier if you have a bit of familiarity with crust punk.
  • edited July 2011
    Girlz n Games Tries wayyy too hard to be funny with nothing but a sequence of old pop culture references. And the art...
    Post edited by Dylan on
  • (and by that I mean someone who wasn't permanently banned from this forum for being obnoxious)
    What the fuck does getting banned have to do with pointing out that your suggestion is inappropriate and childish to suggest? If you want to make fun of autistic people, look in a fucking mirror. Fuck you, you little shit. You're in luck that actual evil shit never gets banned from these forums, so go on! Good luck and have fun doing it! And don't forget to lobotomise yourself you shitstain.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh my God. He's autistic? Okay, you're right. That was in bad taste. I understand why you got so angry. I apologize.

Okay. I looked up "worst webcomic" on Google and found this one called Shredded Moose. It's site went down, but as far as I can tell (NSFW), these are another Penny Arcade wannabe duo, but instead of gaming jokes... well they have really misogynistic gaming jokes. (For example, have you ever seen how a Wii Remote looks somewhat like a dildo? Har har har.) As I said, they're website is gone but some of their comics can be found without much trouble. If there is any circumstance such as the one above, please let me know.
  • Nominating CAD for racism.

• I was thinking you might be exaggerating until I got to the last panel...
  • edited July 2011
    The best part about that one, after posting it up, he edited that line three different times, and re-uploaded the newly edited version without a word every time. Of course, once he started getting angry responses, he posted a *TYRADE* on his site that, if I recall correctly, boiled down to "nuh-uh you guys are the racist ones for calling me racist."

The entire webcomic artists community spent the day laughing at him, as best I can tell. It was pretty great.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Is black people talking during a movie really a racist stereotype? Never heard of it until I encountered this cad of a CAD comic.

I would like to add additional nomination to The Wotch,, a comic in my naive youth, enjoyed. Then I got a brain and realized that despite eyars of existence the art never improved. Despite the artist constantly working with someone whose art was virtually identical to hers but actually well done and polished, which was mere evidence that she is insanely lazy.

Also, am I the only one that likes Bob and George 'round these parts?
  • There's this comic called Jack that, to be honest, I haven't read, but everything I've heard about it makes it sound terrible.
  • Funky Winkerbean counts, right?
  • Suggestion: During the show, after every 'serious' award, have half a dozen semi-random fake awards awarded to CAD.
  • Is black people talking during a movie really a racist stereotype? Never heard of it until I encountered this cad of a CAD comic.
    It's not black people talk during a movie. It implies that black people don't have proper decorum. I'm pissed off, but I stopped reading it years ago.
  • edited July 2011
    Is black people talking during a movie really a racist stereotype? Never heard of it until I encountered this cad of a CAD comic.
    It's not black people talk during a movie. It implies that black people don't have proper decorum. I'm pissed off, but I stopped reading it years ago.
    Actually, it is quite a common stereotype among white people that black people basically never shut up during a movie.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited July 2011
    I was going to nominate Hathor the Cowgoddess but the comic seems to have been stopped and is in limbo, all the content having been removed from it's home. A great bastion of internet ridicule gone. Hathor was a comic dedicated to seemingly militant home birthing and breastfeeding.

There's also Bill the Heretic, the first comic in the site pretty much sums it up, and Boston and Shaun, a strange beast that seems fairly tame at the start but contains disturbing hints of furry, vore and inflation fetishes and then some. Both of those haven't been updated in ages though.

Also, I'd say CAD actually has some merit. The CAD miscarriage parodies have brought many smiles to my face.

Post edited by Fett101 on
  • WAT
    I VOTE FOR THIS ONE
  • I'll make a prediction now: This episode will become "Rym and Scott piss all over Ctrl-Alt-Del", and subsequently the forums will suffer some internet backdraft from a horde of 16-year-old visigoths.

Strangely enough, I think this is more or less the way I ended up in this here forum, and now I'm a better person for it.