This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Minecraft Server: Quadrus

edited July 2011 in Video Games
In case you hadn't heard, Quadrus is up and running. There are boats at the docks for you to use.
Join 71.72.32.192
You must be whitelisted to play. Post requests here. If you were previously whitelisted, you are already good to go.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Dear god, it looks like the most boring of suburbs, but amazing for a Minecraft. What sort of texture is that? I always go Zelda texture but this looks amazing.
    Post edited by Mousa The 14 on
  • Er, I just found a diamond pickaxe in the fountain. >_>
  • Dear god, it looks like the most boring of suburbs, but amazing for a Minecraft.
    That's the goal for me this time: To build an RPG-style city. I've done lots of different designs and styles on our previous maps, and now it's time to rein it in.
    What sort of texture is that?
    John Smith.
  • Er, I just found a diamond pickaxe in the fountain. >_>
    You found my trash dump :)
  • You found my trash dump :)
    What do I win!?
  • You found my trash dump :)
    What do I win!?
    A diamond pickaxe.
  • edited July 2011
    Dear god, it looks like the most boring of suburbs, but amazing for a Minecraft.
    That's the goal for me this time: To build an RPG-style city. I've done lots of different designs and styles on our previous maps, and now it's time to rein it in.
    I say great job, it looks nice and goal accomplished, looks like how it's supposed to I need to get into this place, once I'm on a a better comp that can actually run Minecraft.
    Post edited by Mousa The 14 on
  • edited July 2011
    One question, Jason. Why do you keep making new threads time and time again when you can just rename your bloody thread? Don't Apreche and Rym advocate the continues use of a thread already existent with the same topic? I mean, this is a thread for your Minecraft server. As is this, and then there's the OTHER thread of yours about the same server, which I think you actually did just rename after you put in one command to gen a new world. Then there's also the general minecraft thread, but I agree that it would be beneficial to fork off general minecraft discussion, and FRC Forum's servers. So what's the deal with making a new thread every time? The previous one hasn't even fallen off the first page yet (by your own doing even). You're not trying to nudge into the market Bruce and I have cornered with our straight up mockery of the place at times, or are you? In that case, please pay your fee to join the club, all proceeds go to [message redacted]. Thank you kindly, ~me, myself and I.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • You don't do very well in social settings, do you?
  • You don't do very well in social settings, do you?
    one-one-four-eight. That makes sense. Kid, this might shock you, but there's a living human being on the other side of the comment. That makes this forum a (slow) social setting, where one can think out his comments carefully and then be completely ignored by shits like that bird over there in the window sill.
  • edited July 2011
    one can think out his comments carefully and then be completely ignored by shits like that bird over there in the window sill.
    Hey now, what'd I ever do to you?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Hey now, what'd I ever do to you?
    Do you want that list in alphabetical or chronological order?
  • edited July 2011
    Hey now, what'd I ever do to you?
    Do you want that list in alphabetical or chronological order?
    Sorry, what was that?

EDIT: Now I'm just being a twat for the hell of it. I'm not going to go as far as apologizing for all of it, but I will apologize for anytime I've insulted you without due cause.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • EDIT: Now I'm just being a twat for the hell of it. I'm not going to go as far as apologizing for all of it, but I will apologize for anytime I've insulted you without due cause.
    Wait, did I just get a free apology? SWEET! I should do this more often. I don't think you've ever insulted me without due cause that pissed me off long enough to have haterape dreams starring you.
  • I don't think you've ever insulted me without due cause that pissed me off long enough to have haterape dreams starring you.
    That's a relief.
  • haterape
    Don't be such a hater, ape. :(
  • I've started working on something across the bay from the spawn. Spent most of the time getting the gate working properly. It's not perfect, but it's close. Pistons are tricky business.
  • edited July 2011
    And thus, I have made my mark in Quadrus.
    That was so unimpressive I got to get involved.
    One question, Jason. Why do you keep making new threads time and time again
    This is a decent question, because this new thread has no indication of how to get in on the goodness we see in the pictures. One of the other threads hint at being whitelisted, but I'm not sure how far to dig in that thread to get more info, or if I should seek another thread entirely.
    Post edited by Byron on
  • This is a decent question, because this new thread has no indication of how to get in on the goodness we see in the pictures. One of the other threads hint at being whitelisted, but I'm not sure how far to dig in that thread to get more info, or if I should seek another thread entirely.
    Problem solved, thanks Jason. Now I need to figure out what my minecraft username is for the whitelisting. :)
  • Is the server down, or do I just need to update?
  • It's been down for several days.
  • It's been down for several days.
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOoooooo...
  • I think the fact that no one has said anything until now is a pretty good indicator that the forum is over minecraft.
  • I think the fact that no one has said anything until now is a pretty good indicator that the forum is over minecraft.
    I keep meaning to turn on my big computer and play games like minecraft. In fact, I did yesterday. But 30 deg celsius means much hotter for my computer. This heat wave is effectively ending my desktop computer use. My compy got all kinds of locked up after running it for an hour or two.
  • I keep meaning to turn on my big computer and play games like minecraft. In fact, I did yesterday. But 30 deg celsius means much hotter for my computer. This heat wave is effectively ending my desktop computer use. My compy got all kinds of locked up after running it for an hour or two.
    I'm having similar problems. It's been 102 in the shade here for the past week (Google tells me that's about 39 of your unAmerican celery degrees), and I'm too poor to keep the thermostat too much lower. I am very much looking into moving further north in the next couple years. No more of this three weeks of non-Summer per year bullshit.

I may have to wrap my laptop in physical ice packs for the scrymmage next week.
  • Google tells me that's about 39 of your unAmerican celery degrees
    I was trying to understand Celsius from a first hand perspective so that I could contribute to the scientific community with a solid understanding of its temperature measurement. In other words, I put my phone in Celsius mode and now know what the temperatures feel like, but forgot how to translate that into Fahrenheit.
    Actually if you put the ice in front of your intake fans (and in such a way as to not drip water inside the computer), this might not be a terrible idea. If any water gets inside the computer, or the humidity condenses, then this is a terrible idea.
  • edited July 2011
    Actually if you put the ice in front of your intake fans (and in such a way as to not drip water inside the computer), this might not be a terrible idea. If any water gets inside the computer, or the humidity condenses, then this is a terrible idea.

Bad idea due to condensation. If you had a box fan you could stick a bowl of ice in front of the fan in another part of the room. That would reduce the amount of moisture going into the computer while cooling off a small room.

I tired to play minecraft the other day but quit soon after. The game needs something more engaging to keep me playing.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • I'm not over Minecraft at all. But a combination of busy times, internet outages, and stupid hot weather combined with an non-air conditioned computer room has prevented me from playing.
  • Crack open the case and point a floor fan at it.