This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

TF2 Scrim discussion

edited July 2011 in Everything Else
I figure putting this here might be a touch more helpful than trying to have the discussion in the middle of all the other TF2 talk.

So far, here's what I can remember the agreed-upon things being:

The scrim would involve two maps of each game type (King of the Hill, Payload, Attack/Defend, Control Points, Capture the Flag, and Arena)
Alltalk would be off
Teams would be pre-determined and organized, rather than random.

If you're planning on participating, remind me now so I can make the list.

Also, when should we do this? I feel like a saturday would probably be the best day.

Team Tyrion
Captain: Jason
• Omar
• ElJoe0
• Mr. Macross
• Matt (Gundabad)
• ShadowOrc01
• Linkigi
• Kiey (Vicious)

Team Hawk
Captain: Andrew
• Rym
• Admiral Hotcakes
• Open Sketchbook
• Lackofcheese
• P_TOG
• Bluenmeme
• Luke
• WindUpBird

Team Breakfast Club
Captain: GreyHuge
• ¡It Is GünterTime!
• Yuyuke
• remix3211
• Air Co.
• Dromaro
• Churba
• highdefinition

Team Seaslug
Captain: Neito
• Sonic
• Ro
• Lifecircle
• Nukerjsr
• Xefas
• Coldguy
• Cremlian
• Apsup

Here are the 6 maps that will be played, in the order in which they will be played (Thanks, LackOfCheese):
pl_goldrush (Payload)
cp_gorge (Attack/Defense)
koth_badlands (King of the Hill)
arena_sawmill (Arena)
ctf_doublecross (Capture the Flag)
cp_granary (Control Points)

The tiebreaker map will be:
koth_sawmill (King of the Hill)

The first round is going to be The Tyrons vs Team Breakfast Club and The Hawks vs. Team Seaslug. The winners of each scuffle will move on to the finals, where one team will win and be given some sort of bragging rights prize. Also, I'm going to force Rym to wear the entire Demopan outfit if he loses.

There are no class restrictions, but each class will only have access to the weapons that came with the game when it launched in '07. Also, alltalk will be off during the scrim

Comments

• I'm in.
    As for the day, Saturdays or Fridays would be best for us who live in the future.
  • I am in.

A Saturday or Sunday is probably best for sure.
  • I'll be out of town this weekend, but I'm interested.
  • I'm in. I should be available this weekend perhaps next weekend too. Just let me know in advance. I think the Donkey Kong Map should be one of the maps. That is so much fun.
  • I'm interested, and can do Saturday night or Sunday.
  • I'm thinking probably next saturday or the saturday after that, as I'm working this one and going out with some friends, and don't know if I'm working the next one.
  • I'm in for Saturday, though there's a 30% chance I'll be out of town.
  • I'm in for Saturday or Sunday too.
  • Ooo, I wanna play with you guys =D, I can totally do it this Saturday.
  • I'm down for some quality TF2 action; Sign me up!
  • I'm in, but not for this weekend or the next, as I'm on vacation/working. But in a few weeks time I'll turn up and kick all your asses.

I can begin shit-talking now, right?
  • edited July 2011
    I'm in. Saturday might work, depending on the time.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Once we decide teams, we can do an initial scrim and see how it goes. As long as roughly equal numbers of people from each team are there, we can do it semi-regularly, with the occasional scheduled massive "real" game.
  • People, remember when you suggest Sundays, that Sunday night in US is Monday morning here and other part of Europa. Not the best time to play TF2 I'd say.
  • If this is happening before 10 pm, sign me up.
  • Please sign me up. Some organised competition on the server would be great fun.
  • Just so you know, BlueMneme is a friend of mine; he's played on the server before under the name of "Snake".
  • I am in, just let me know the times, as they are a bit of and issue for me.
  • Hmm, if this happens on a Saturday, then I can probably participate.
  • I'm in, pending the exact time of said scrimmage.
  • Red 5, standing by.
  • I'm game, contingent on scrim time. I have nothing to do most nights, but hey, you never know.
  • If too many more people want to play, I'm going to have to bump up the max player count on the server.
  • edited July 2011
    Plus, my name is ElJoe0, not Eljoe
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • edited July 2011
    If too many more people want to play, I'm going to have to bump up the max player count on the server.
    Mutliple teams with a bracket. This also allows for teams made of certain time zones to play are specific times if need be.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Is this going to be Highlander rules (1 player per class per team,) or anything goes? If Highlander rules we'll need more than 2 teams with the number of people we have so far.
  • Is this going to be Highlander rules (1 player per class per team,) or anything goes? If Highlander rules we'll need more than 2 teams with the number of people we have so far.
    I see no reason why we should have highlander rules.
  • If we want to play 12 Spys, we should be able to!