This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest X

Comments

• I've never been to Magfest but I'm strongly considering it, is it worth taking that Thursday Friday off and going the whole time?
  • I've never been to Magfest but I'm strongly considering it, is it worth taking that Thursday Friday off and going the whole time?
    I say take Friday off and come late on Thursday and you will be gold.
  • Friendly reminder rates are jumping to a higher amount after 11/1 so get your tickets now to save some cash.

Also for the big announcement prediction I am going to call Megadriver being the headline band.
  • I'm prereged, and my panel apps in.
  • Preregged too. Can't wait.
  • Shit, I should pre-reg.

Also, the beer plan. 10 gallons of This is a Beer. I need to get brewing that...soon. Very soon. Like, in the next two weeks, before it becomes impossible to brew outside.

I could do a partial mash inside, I guess, but...fuck that.

So who wants to invest in 6 liter plastic bottles? I'll need 6 of the them total. Plus caps.
  • 6 six liter bottles or did I read that wrong?
  • Yes. 6 6-liter bottles. 6 liters is roughly 1.5 gallons. I'm making 10 gallons of beer. I have one 6 liter of my own. Should give me more than enough capacity.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/tap-a-draft-6l-bottle.html

That's a little pricey, though. I'm betting if you scrounge, you can find them cheaper. Actually, if you know people who drink shitty beer, you can get the empty Miller or Coors Light home draft bottles, and just buy the caps.

It'll be worth it. My beer is superior.
  • Doesn't New Hope Soda sell gallon glass jugs? I would check but phone web can only do so much.
  • Plastic won't shatter when dropped. Also, it's probably cheaper, and I know they'll fit the dispenser I've got.
  • Plastic won't shatter when dropped. Also, it's probably cheaper, and I know they'll fit the dispenser I've got.
    Barrels.
    Barrels.
    I've looked into 2.5 gallon white oak barrels. As you might expect, they're impractically expensive.

I should learn how to coop.
    Barrels.
    I've looked into 2.5 gallon white oak barrels. As you might expect, they're impractically expensive.

Can't be that hard, honestly. I can think of a few way's I'd think to do it, but I'm probably wrong, I'm not any sort of barrel man. I'll look into it myself, actually.
    Barrels.

Can't be that hard, honestly. I can think of a few way's I'd think to do it, but I'm probably wrong, I'm not any sort of barrel man. I'll look into it myself, actually.
    Advantages of being in the SCA: I know two different people who do cooping. So I've got the resources once I'm actually interested in learning.
  • Bought my Pre-Reg Badge. Glad I remember. Now the debate to get a room continues...
  • Bought my Pre-Reg Badge. Glad I remember. Now the debate to get a room continues...
    Protip: Magfest IRC is the best place to find roomshares.

• Good to know. I need a space on the quick.
  • I put some feelers out for the both of you on a few people I know who may want to split. Will let you know if they get back to me.
  • Cools! Viva Coldguy!
  • Success! Got someone willing to allow both of you in the room for $120/person for the weekend.
  • Success! Got someone willing to allow both of you in the room for $120/person for the weekend.
    Is it at the hotel specifically related to MAGFest? Where would it be? That's the only thing I need to know.
    Is it at the hotel specifically related to MAGFest? Where would it be? That's the only thing I need to know.
    Yes the room is at the Gaylord.

• edited October 2011
    Success! Got someone willing to allow both of you in the room for $120/person for the weekend.
    Yes the room is at the Gaylord.

Fucking sign me up. :D
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Can you hook me up with their contact?
  • edited October 2011
    @viga and @nukerjsr his email is rrosin02@hotmail.com he can also be reached on Facebook and Twitter.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Thanks dude! I owe you a cold one!
  • I'll be buying you something good, no question. ^_^
  • Uematsu confirned for MAGfest. Shit just got real!
    All of a sudden, I'm interested.
  • I could be wrong, but from the burning wheel podcast that just went up is Burning Luke going to MAGfest?