This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest X

Comments

• I could be wrong, but from the burning wheel podcast that just went up is Burning Luke going to MAGfest?
    He never heard of it before we just told him during that recording. He sounded interested in going as an attendee, but I don't thin he has committed.
  • I could be wrong, but from the burning wheel podcast that just went up is Burning Luke going to MAGfest?
    He never heard of it before we just told him during that recording. He sounded interested in going as an attendee, but I don't thin he has committed.
    Nice, hopefully I shall see him there with everyone.
  • I don't know how to whisper so I'm going to yell this.

HEY RYM!!! CAN PHIL AND CHIE SHARE YOUR ROOM AT MAGFEST?!?! WE'VE GOT 4 PEOPLE IN OUR ROOM ALREADY!!! IF NOT WE CAN JUST BOOK ANOTHER ROOM!!!!!!
  • You know what, fuck it: I'm not doing anything January 5th weekend. Looks like I may finally pop my concherry!
  • @Wyatt
    I'll figure it out tomorrow. Our room is currently me, Scott, and Chase. They could stay with us, but they'd have to sleep on the floor. I shall talk to Scott. ;^)
  • edited November 2011
    To get pumped for MAGfest watch some MAGfest concerts.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Good news everyone, I might be able to wrangle up some Parsley game action at MAGfest! Anyone want to join in and if Jared is joining in on the fun would he like to run and/or participate in the game?
  • Bolt Bus tickets can now be bought! Group A bitches!
  • Volenteer form its up here. Also thinking of hitting the bus down, but Mega and bolt are a distance away from the hotel. Wouldn't a taxi cost more then the Bus ticket?
  • edited December 2011
    Volenteer form its up here. Also thinking of hitting the bus down, but Mega and bolt are a distance away from the hotel. Wouldn't a taxi cost more then the Bus ticket?
    Yes, but for Rym the total expense is still less than renting a car.

EDIT: Also, FYI to everyone driving in. You want to come into the DC area either later Wednesday night (like after 7pm) or late Thursday morning (like after 10 am, don't even think of hitting the beltway before 9am). If you don't heed these warnings, you may hit some truly apocalyptic traffic.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • There is a free shuttle supposedly between Union Station and the Gaylord that runs evern 40 minutes or something. It's noted on the MAGFest web site.
  • Did not catch that, bus is looking better...
  • Well another MAGfest update for those who did not see it. A Second stage is going to be added. Which will help with the crowd swarming to listen to music. Plus I can tell you Chipocrite does a mean chiptune performance and highly reccomend catching him performing. New band list.

Also it appears that MegaBus is going to be the best option for me to go and get to DC, anyone else feel like getting a travel buddy to MAGfest let me know. I have not ruled out a carpool but currently do not have anyone yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! This just in, Fortress Craft team is going to be at MAGfest.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Sorry for all the recent posts however this one is a biggie. The room that I am currently staying in has a spot open due to a recent change of plans with one of the roommates, if you want to go to MAGfest and do not have a room let me know ASAP. The room is from Wed-Sun and will be an even split of $600. Thank you.
  • Anyone know if there is a FRC Belugia like group for MAGfest? If someone is doing that add me in.
  • We usually make one a day or two before. If one exists, I want in!
  • It's a secret to no one Schedule is live.
  • I'm still debating going to this... Will be last minute I think so feel free to fill it with someone else if I completely bail out.
  • I haven't looked forward to con this hard in a long time! Week and a half bizznatches!
  • It's weird. I think New Years and Christmas have messed up my excitement for this con. It feels farther out.
  • 7 days people before pre MAG, 8 until MAG proper...lets pick a group chat and do this. Also Wed people let me know to do some chill out time.

• The promo video has been released!

• Two days...

• Hey Wyatt, I will be there Friday to Sunday.
  • Shall we play Eclipse at MAGFest?
  • Shall we play Eclipse at MAGFest?
    YES.

• I shall partake in the board gaming while I am here, do we have a FRC communication group as of yet?
  • The problem is, Beluga got shut down because Mark Zuckerberg has a small penis [citation needed]. So we don't have a replacement that's not shit, afaik.
  • Have to give Props to Coldguy for his lengthy video about MAGFest for n00bs. Just looking at all the bad-meh reviews of the restaurant has me super aware.