This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest X

Comments

• Do vendors there sell Atari 2600 games? I need Dark Chambers.
    I'll look around for it.
    looked through the whole dealers room, only one Guy had a few Atari games and dark chambers was not among them.
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks George. It's cool. I'll check and see if my mom still has my bag of Atari games.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Heading home thinking about vlogging my thoughts.
  • edited January 2012
    Blog it instead! I don't watch too many things, but I'll read the hell out of blog posts.

I can't wait to hear about the games played. I'm hoping Eclipse was played, and am very curious about it.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • There was an epic game of eclipse the first night that put most of the crew behind the eight ball with sleep for the rest of the con.
  • Also, we drank all the Patron. Both liters of it. Mr. Davidson makes a mean margarita.
  • Holy cow. I missed something amazing then.

So I'm assuming it was great, but how hard was it to learn the rules? Was someone basically having to referee the entire thing?
  • Wish I could have gone to this. One of my classes had us come in a week early for three days of 9-5, which totally sucked. On the upside, it's only going to meet every other week now.
  • Also, we drank all the Patron. Both liters of it. Mr. Davidson makes a mean margarita.
    Unlike Pete's Margarita which can be best described as three shots of tequila with a hint of lime.
    Unlike Pete's Margarita which can be best described as three shots of tequila with a hint of lime.
    Unfortunately those were also mine, but I blame the shitty bulk limes. Also, the complete lack of proper measuring tools and drink shaker.
  • Sorry for the shitty audio quality, but if anyone remembers Scott and Pete trying to get Way Too Many People to play Spot It, they'll remember that room was fucking loud.

• Ahahah I'm the guy who loses in that video :(
  • That was far too many people.

Also, sup brah?
  • Oh hey man, not much just chillen. Also its pretty funny how my sideburns are like mini versions of yours.
  • That is pretty funny.
  • That game got so fucking addicting. "We'll try playing this." /hour goes by
  • Hahaha, Pete and I were skeptical when we sat down at that demo table. Now that one demo man has started a Spot It fire no one can quench!
  • Now that one demo man has started a Spot It fire no one can quench!

• That Spot it was awesome!
  • Unless other things go down vlog and notes shall be done tomorrow, topics include concerts, tips, and Viga glomping.
  • I wonder if there's any footage from when we played Action Castle. There was one girl who was recording it, with Fluttershy as her tag with Me, Viga, Russell and Coldguy's funny leadership.
  • I have found this, you are all welcome.

• My very first video (it might be crappy)
  • edited January 2012
    MAGFest photos

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxX9uiX

MAGFest Super Art Fight photos

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjxX9Ryt
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited January 2012
    Wait. When the heck did you get that picture of Yuyuke and I playing that Shump?

(PS: That game sucked, honestly.)

Also, DERP FACE'D NEITO.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Wait. When the heck did you get that picture of Yuyuke and I playing that Shump?

(PS: That game sucked, honestly.)

Also, DERP FACE'D NEITO.
    What game was that? All the bullet hell shmups I played were awesome.
  • It was replaced on the other days by a scrolling shooter. I'm certainly underselling it a bit, but having played a lot of bullet-hell style games, it felt way too easy. I don't even remember the name of it.
  • It was replaced on the other days by a scrolling shooter. I'm certainly underselling it a bit, but having played a lot of bullet-hell style games, it felt way too easy. I don't even remember the name of it.
    I really liked the one they had where there were two attack buttons. One of them made you movee slowly, so you could dodge bullet hell more easily, but it only shot straight ahead. The other one shot in a wide spread pattern, but you moved very quickly. That is good for getting out of the way of a directed attack, but killed you if you pressed it while there was a rain of bullets. I was able to beat it only dying once or twice per level.
  • I only played the one shmup that was basically you playing fairies fighting hordes of bugs.
    Scott making out with a furry?