This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110720 - Galaxy Express 999 Movie

edited July 2011 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, we consider our recent rewatching of the Galaxy Express 999 movie, recently remastered and re-released. Otakon is next weekend, and while we won't be there, Makoto Shinkai and his newest work -- Hoshi o Ou Kodomo -- will be. SDCC is this weekend, it's really, really hot, and Scott's reading Lady Sabre & the Pirates of the Ineffable Aether.

Download MP3

Comments

• Good job Rym, getting the news and thing of the day backwards.
  • I submit this limerick to Rym as he couldn't finish his on air in time:

There once was a Congressman Weiner.
    He sent texts that could have been cleaner.
    He resigned; It's a shame
    That we lost that fine name.
    Well at least we still have a Boehner.
  • There once was a Congressman Weiner.
    He sent texts that could have been cleaner.
    He resigned; It's a shame
    That we lost that fine name.
    Well at least we still have a Boehner.
    So, you're saying You have the weirdest Boehner right now?
  • I only remember half of this movie.
  • I like how they used Granny from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends as the replacement for Granny Smith.
  • edited July 2011
    Forgive me if this is old news, but Galaxy Railways complete series is 13 bucks on Amazon until August 8. Having listened to this episode, I fully intend to get the Galaxy Express 999 movie, but would this be worth it as well?
    Post edited by Tesla on
  • Forgive me if this is old news, but Galaxy Railways complete series is 13 bucks on Amazon until August 8. Having listened to this episode, I fully intend to get the Galaxy Express 999 movie, but would this be worth it as well?
    Free on Hulu.
  • Forgive me if this is old news, but Galaxy Railways complete series is 13 bucks on Amazon until August 8. Having listened to this episode, I fully intend to get the Galaxy Express 999 movie, but would this be worth it as well?
    Free on Hulu.
    And there goes that purchase - thanks!
  • If you want to go into a tunnel, there is a 5k run once each year where you run through the Lincoln tunnel and back again. It's done the morninf after its once-per-year cleaning so the tunnel isn't that nasty. It's pretty cool, there is a fancy line in the tile that marks the NY/NJ border.
  • Anime movies that are compacted versions of TV Series fascinate me.
  • I'm going to do as Rym and Scott suggest: Watch an episode, and If I like it I will watch the whole thing. Thanks for the Hulu suggestion Sonic!
  • If you want to go into a tunnel, there is a 5k run once each year where you run through the Lincoln tunnel and back again. It's done the morninf after its once-per-year cleaning so the tunnel isn't that nasty. It's pretty cool, there is a fancy line in the tile that marks the NY/NJ border.
    I would do it if it were a bike. A run in a tunnel, I would die.

• Couldn't find a good torrent.
  • edited February 2016
    Dubbed, blech! Discotek released the movies on DVD in the US. I have the DVD. I can use it to take you on a journey.

A never ending journey.

To the staaaaaars!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Wish Tetsuro would stop dropping the god damn gun >_<

As old as it is, it holds up pretty well.
  • Dazzle369 said:

Wish Tetsuro would stop dropping the god damn gun >_<

As old as it is, it holds up pretty well.

When taken as a whole I prefer the TV series. But there are some REALLY weird/bad/goofy episodes. One with dinosaurs comes to mind.