This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bronies panel

edited July 2011 in Everything Else
I'm stuck down here in south Florida; and the Florida Supercon had no ponies panel; except for a rainbow dash crossplay (I have mixed feeling on this).
How would the people of this forum suggest going about to create such a panel; I have no past panel experience. My ability to talk for eternity about nothing; but I need work on having a liner conversation that can hold the attention of more the three minds.

If anyone has any input to help I'm wide open.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Here's my bit of useless input: I've yet to hear anyone that has a panel expire on them. It's not some food that can go bad.
  • Well three of us in this forum did pony panels at CTcon this year. We all took different approaches. One analyzing the memes, one analyzing the shows themes and one as a 101 panel.

Here's a way to start if you want to do a panel. Ask yourself: What do I want to say?

You want to talk about ponies, but what do you want to say about it. Do you have a certain piece of the brony fandom to talk about? Do you want others to try the show? Do you want to fan gush about the show with other fans? Do you want to point out things about the story that most others didn't see. Want to share you interpretation of the show? Wanna show the best PMVs?

Once you answer that question the rest will fall into place.
  • Here's my bit of useless input: I've yet to hear anyone that has a panel expire on them. It's not some food that can go bad.
    He meant experience. Plus panels can expire on you. When you are out of time! Tee hee!
  • edited July 2011
    He meant experience.
    NO WAI! REELLY? AH MAH GAHD. I had no idea.

Nice lack of edit button usage btw.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • He meant experience.
    NO WAI! REELLY? AH MAH GAHD. I had no idea.

Nice lack of edit button usage btw.
    How unfortunate that Viga chose to be kind and supportive. Good idea to harsh on her for that.
  • That looks like one of my cousins...unfortunately.
  • Make sure your panel is much more than "I think this show is cool. Let me explain my love of this show to you." This is always a bad idea.
    TROOOOOOOLL, YOU MO'FOCKIN' TROOOOOOOOOLL!!!1!
  • Well three of us in this forum did pony panels at CTcon this year. We all took different approaches. One analyzing the memes, one analyzing the shows themes and one as a 101 panel.

Here's a way to start if you want to do a panel. Ask yourself: What do I want to say?

You want to talk about ponies, but what do you want to say about it. Do you have a certain piece of the brony fandom to talk about? Do you want others to try the show? Do you want to fan gush about the show with other fans? Do you want to point out things about the story that most others didn't see. Want to share you interpretation of the show? Wanna show the best PMVs?

Once you answer that question the rest will fall into place.
    thanks for the ideas