This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Looking at Colleges; Any Advice?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Don't go to college. Go become a plumber or something. You'll make a shitton more moneys and won't have to sit in an office all day. You'll also have much less student loan debt. If computers are your passion just do open source software with all that extra spare time you have.
    Not sure how well this would go with engineering though. Good idea if I go with computers, however.

My mom agrees with you.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • edited July 2011
    But after just my first real professional job, I'm not yet certain I know a whole lot about finding real professional work. I lucked into this one at the time.
    Fake it. It's all about marketing yourself, and marketing is about bald face lies. Fake it. There was a civil engineer that designed roads in the town I grew up in. He had no engineering degree (and I believe no college degree at all). He faked it. And he faked it hard for years. Even after all the accidents he caused from designing really terrible intersections (traffic lights have your way and on coming way both merge into the same lanes at the same time, with no clear right of way). Fake it. Any dream can be yours.

EDIT: To all those listeners out there from Sterling Heights, yes, I am talking about Hall Rd at Delco, where the Sam's Club is/was. Amazing work.
    Post edited by Byron on
  • I'm a bit more high-integrity than that.
  • edited July 2011
    So... IU was meh; OSU looked really awesome. I think I've found my pick. Still looking, of course, but it seems like it will be my choice.
    Post edited by Ikatono on