This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice & Fire)

Comments

• You could be the Mother of Dragons for only $35.

Map of Westeros along with the trail of where the major characters have been.
    Isn't that a map of England and Europe?
    FTFY
    Whoops and don't take the mystery out of it for me!
  • Why does that girl look stoned.
  • Why does that girl look stoned.
    because she's channeling Dany's derpitude through the shirt.
  • Pop culture GoT houses
    House House! Then that pay-off for going through them all. Cheers.
    "Inteligent Indiference"

Greg would be displeased.
  • Finally started watching GoT. This show is sooooooo good. Also, Tyrion is definitely my favorite character.
  • Finally started watching GoT. This show is sooooooo good. Also, Tyrion is definitely my favorite character.
    Tyrion is everybody's favorite character. He's the protagonist.
  • WHUR MUH BOATS AT
    Welp, that's pretty much the best thing.

Also, those little dragons are scalemates from Homestuck.
  • Oh mans. Getting pumped. I could go for another viewing of season 2.

I've only seen two episodes, and yes he fucking is.
  • I've been watching season 1 and 2, now season 2 again with commentary. I'm ready.

Also 1995 intro of GoT.

• This is indeed amazing. I watched so much of that bad mid-90s fantasy television.
  • Holy shit, there are a lot of characters in that show.
  • I will admit, it's the little things they've changed with Dany in the HBO series that's gotten to me -- killing off her horse, kidnapping the dragons and making Doreah a traitor... I just hope they don't make more "creative license" changes that wind up ruining something in future books.
  • I guess I posted this is the wrong thread when I put it in Things of your day. So here is a re-post.
  • I will admit, it's the little things they've changed with Dany in the HBO series that's gotten to me -- killing off her horse, kidnapping the dragons and making Doreah a traitor... I just hope they don't make more "creative license" changes that wind up ruining something in future books.
    The changes in season two were bad. The changes in season one were minor and most could be explained away as story compression or too expensive to film. Season two changes were more like, "read the books? We skimmed them and got some info from internet forums."
  • That 1995 edition was awesome! Oh, the 90's, how I've missed you and didn't realize it.

I just hope HBO doesn't take the "premise" of the books and start going in a completely different direction than the original now that they have a following. The books are so intricate and amazing I do not think you can improve upon the original work without destroying its spirit.
    But hey, HBO might assume all the nakedness and sex will sell no matter how they treat the novel fan-base. I just hope it doesn't end up that way.
  • I have mixed feelings about the series changing story directions from the books. I love the books, but I know there is no way they are going to make a 1to1 conversion from the books to TV. They would need about 30 episodes per book instead of 10. So given that they are going to change things anyways I don't mind having some surprises. For example the changes to Doreah made me sad, but I did not see that coming at all and I liked that. As long as the changes they make are good writing, personally I am looking forward to more. Anyone who has both read and watched The Hunt for Red October can attest you can have a book and a movie that are similar yet different but both very good.

As far as nakedness goes I feel that there was less in season 2 then there was in season 1. Or maybe I stopped noticing.
  • I think they will be staying mostly faithful, changing what they need to make since for television. Also to be fair, there is a lot of sex in the books. A lot. Especially the Tyrion chapters. Not saying I like seeing it with my eyes on tv... but yeah. :-P Also, if George R. Martin dies (which is becoming more and more a significant worry the longer he takes...) they know the ending and can finish it for us. Woo.
  • I think they will be staying mostly faithful, changing what they need to make since for television. Also to be fair, there is a lot of sex in the books. A lot. Especially the Tyrion chapters. Not saying I like seeing it with my eyes on tv... but yeah. :-P Also, if George R. Martin dies (which is becoming more and more a significant worry the longer he takes...) they know the ending and can finish it for us. Woo.
    People worried JK Rowling would get into some horrible accident while waiting for the final books in the Harry Potter series. I'm really not all that worried about it. I'm sure he has plenty of notes and drafts so that if he did pass away there would be enough to scrap together a conclusion. The series is too strong to just leave it hanging like that, in my opinion. (AKA, too much money to be had).
  • http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/news/so-what-happens-if-george-r-r-martin-dies-before-he-finishes-a-song-of-fire-and-ice/10393

Let's hope he stays healthy!
    Finding out it's all in his head somehow depresses the hell out of me.