This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Its the Portland Pirates

edited September 2006 in Everything Else
Sorry, but as a former native of Portland, Maine who has from time to time frequented the games of my beloved native city's hockey team, I have to say that your TotD link title is wrong, and that the Pirates are Portland's team and that the Bruins are either from Providence or Boston depending on the League. You got it right when you were talking during the show though.

Edit: Er, could one of you mods be so kind as to fix the thread title and eliminate those unsightly tags? Thanks.

Comments

• edited September 2006
    I believe you can edit the tags.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • You can indeed edit the subject. The top post of any thread contains the subject. If you started the thread, you can edit the subject. I took care of it this time, but not next time.

• Er, could one of you mods be so kind as to fix the thread title and eliminate those unsightly tags? Thanks.
    Do we even have "mods"? I mean we have Scott and Rym, and I guess Mr.Period...
  • edited September 2006
    Can I ask a if not dumb then at least ignorant question? Well I'm going to anyway. I know nothing about Ice Hockey (us not having so much of the ice here). If there is a fight going on can someone still score? Like the goalie fight, if another guy had seen the goalies fighting could he have just skated up and scored a goal?
    Post edited by tuttle88 on
  • Can I ask a if not dumb then at least ignorant question? Well I'm going to anyway. I know nothing about Ice Hockey (us not having so much of the ice here). If there is a fight going on can someone still score? Like the goalie fight, if another guy had seen the goalies fighting could he have just skated up and scored a goal?
    No, play stops when the referee blows the whistle. If a fight starts, the ref usually blows the whistle right away. Then they break up the fight as soon as it's safe and put the players in the penalty box. Then they resume playing.
  • Yeah. Who wants a game to distract you from a good fight?
  • One other note: Curling is actually quite interesting to watch. I don't know if "exciting" is the right word, but it can be rather fascinating. There is an amazing amount of strategy for such a simple game. I'm not a huge fan of watching sports, but I would gladly watch Curling a few times each year. (I get CBC from Canada, so I get some on TV every now and then.)