This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's Learn League of Legends

Comments

• What are your summoner names? Mine is Ledgermain. I jungle and top a lot. Hit me up for some games.

NeitoShaw.
  • thresholden
  • How would you all feel about a ranked FRC team? It could be fun.
  • 518Wyatt
  • How would you all feel about a ranked FRC team? It could be fun.

Ask me when I get SL30.
  • Damn I wish I still had my NA account.
    Haven't played in a while and have been becoming proficient in ADC and support.

Need to learn Rengar.

It's quite hilarious about 60% of Dota 2 players have recently switched to League of Legends because it is "less toxic" in their words.
  • DotA has some nice interface improvements (in-game community build guides, for example), but Valve refuses to detoxify the community (which is not a new precedent, look at the old CS community), and I still think denying is an obnoxious mechanic.
  • sK0pe said:

Damn I wish I still had my NA account.

Make a new one :)
  • Neito said:

DotA has some nice interface improvements (in-game community build guides, for example), but Valve refuses to detoxify the community (which is not a new precedent, look at the old CS community), and I still think denying is an obnoxious mechanic.

What can Valve or any company do to detoxify the community? They have a system that allows reporting people of bad behavior, shitty communication skills included and they do take actions against people who receive lots of reports.
  • edited October 2014
    Apsup said:

Neito said:

DotA has some nice interface improvements (in-game community build guides, for example), but Valve refuses to detoxify the community (which is not a new precedent, look at the old CS community), and I still think denying is an obnoxious mechanic.

What can Valve or any company do to detoxify the community? They have a system that allows reporting people of bad behavior, shitty communication skills included and they do take actions against people who receive lots of reports.
    I'll tell you what I would do. First, I would change the terms of service and make everyone click "I agree" again. Why? Because I need people to agree to the new enforcement regime, which is as follows. Some of this shit seems overboard, but they agreed to it!

Reporting is good, but active monitoring is better. I would actively monitor game chats using available technology to catch people in the act rather than wait for reporting. When I do catch people, or when reports are found to be true, I'll institute the following escalating penalties.

1) Immediately in the game you are playing right that moment, bad shit happens to you. Maybe you just die. Maybe you lose levels, gold. Maybe the other team gets bonuses. It's going to HURT. Your teammates are going to be pissed. Just like in the NFL when you get a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

2) Suspensions and banning. Maybe we only let you play with other shitheads like yourself. Maybe we don't let you play at all. Maybe not ever again.

3) We take your stuff. Oh, you paid some money for fancy alternate messenger models and stuff? We're just going to take that shit away. No, you can't have a refund. Buy it again sucka!

4) We take away your Steam games. Yeah, that game you spend money on? It's not in your Steam Library anymore. Buy it again, if you dare.

5) Oh, you went to buy it again, but it's too expensive? No Steam sale for you! MSRP only.

6) Oh, you don't have anything left to take? We'll just take your fucking money. Yeah, that's $100 charge on your credit card, or your mom's credit card. What are you going to do about it? If you try to stop payment, we'll send the collectors after you. We are hella rich, and don't give a fuck. We will make your life miserable. You should have thought about that before you fucked with us. The money is going to go to a charity supporting whoever you insulted, so good job.

7) We'll create a cooperative group with the other game companies. You fuck around in DotA, we're putting you in the database. Now Blizzard, LoL, and everyone else is punishing you as well. Your not banned from DotA. You're banned from video games. You can't even complain because all the gaming blogs comment sections and message boards are banning your ass too! Humble Bundle won't even sell to you.

8) Oh, that database of shitheads. It's public. Good luck getting a job anywhere ever. Or in the case of children, I hope you weren't planning to go to college, because they aren't going to accept you now.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • 9) electric shocks to the genitalia
  • 9) electric shocks to the genitalia

If only that were possible.

Another thing you can do with that cooperative. Ban people from events. Not only are you banned from tournaments for this particular game, but also every PAX and every other convention. Microsoft, SONY, and Nintendo also ban you. You can't even play M:TG at your local game shop because they checked the list, and you're on it!
  • Apreche said:

That ended around step 6.

• ThatGent said:

Apreche said:

Possibilty ended at the point of following live games as they are happening for bad behaviour.

• edited October 2014
    Apsup said:

ThatGent said:

Apreche said:

Possibilty ended at the point of following live games as they are happening for bad behaviour.

Yup. 12 MILLION players per day. You could totally watch all those streams in a bunch of different languages. Because paying for that would be practical.

Or you know. Set up a system where the community can police itself for minor infractions. While major issues are handled by vetted members or staff.

Info: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120102-Riot-Claims-League-of-Legends-Is-the-Most-Played-Video-Game
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Apreche said:

You're banned from video games.

I wish this were somehow possible. It'd certainly fix Neckbeard Benghazi right quick.

• I guess LoL has a few of these things.
    1. You are always forced to a new EULA every update.
    2. You are informed when people report you for poor behaviour after a game.
    3. You get your chat / communication ability suspended if you've been found toxic.
    4. Multiple events will get your account completely banned.
    5. Pros who show poor behaviour are fined and suspended from playing for money.
    6. The lack of voice communications allows one less avenue of trolling.
    7. Plus the self policing

It still doesn't have a mature community but it is less toxic then it could be.

sK0pe said:

Damn I wish I still had my NA account.

Make a new one :)
    I'll have to get use to the 240 ping again and get to level 30. Maybe not straight away but possibly during some holiday time.
    Having a 5's team is always awesome because that's where real strategy comes into play.
  • Apreche said:

I wish this were somehow possible. It'd certainly fix Neckbeard Benghazi right quick.

You people are cruel. I don't wish that even for the most shittiest of internet shitfaces.

• Apsup said:

Apreche said:

You people are cruel. I don't wish that even for the most shittiest of internet shitfaces.

I agree. Neckbeards are nasty.
  • Front Row Summoners needs more members. Hit me up for an inv :)
  • Watching the World Championship this week really put in the mood to try and play it again. Time to see what LoL is like after a year of updated and having better hardware.
  • I'm down for either normals or ranked 5s with people here. If you haven't played premade 5s before, let me say that it makes the game much more fun and interesting.
  • I've found that knowing how to carry solo queue gives you the skills to carry really lazy and disorganised engineering teams when preparing briefs and proposals.
  • Hexakill!
  • Neito said:

Hexakill!

Singed is OP on this map, however got a Hexakill with Katarina.
  • sK0pe said:

Neito said:

Hexakill!

Singed is OP on this map, however got a Hexakill with Katarina.
    Yi seems to be the default pick now, but I'm continually rocking Ramus.
  • Katarina utterly dominates TT Hexakill. I've seen at least one and frequently two of her in every single game.
  • Katarina utterly dominates TT Hexakill. I've seen at least one and frequently two of her in every single game.

Area Denial champs ('Dinger and Teemo come to mind) are also quite good.
  • I was reading the DevBlog about changes to items, and this popped out to me:

"We tuned Warmog’s Armor so it’s a bit less about being an unburstable meat-wall and more of an anti-poke buy. We’ve kept that +1% maximum health per 5 second regeneration, but it’ll triple to regenerating 3% of the holder’s maximum health if they haven’t taken damage within 8 seconds. "

ALL THE GAREN REGEN.
  • This just makes my volibear sustain even more op...