This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Speedtest.net

Comments

• Go! Unrestricted financial office connection! Use swift!
    It's super effective!
    Verizon at least delivers what's advertised, even if it does suck to be on 1 meg DSL.
  • I work for an ISP. If I really wanted to show some big numbers, I'm fairly certain I could. I'm also fairly certain I would be fired.
    Thank Jeebus I'm back on campus.

The up and down speeds are fantastic here. The ping is kind of meh.

Fuck your shit, jmerm. >:D

Suck it, both of you.
  • edited September 2011

Not too shabby. We should have a tread for LTE phones. My roommate's clocks in at an average of 26Mb/s down and 5Mb/s up.
    Post edited by Natakou2001 on
    Suck it, both of you.
    95.08>94.79
    68.89>68.22
    12ms<8ms

Best two out of three?
  • Yeah right, you connected to the Boston server. From Tufts. I connected to Ontario. Suck it.
    A second test to New Hampshire gave me slightly slower speeds but much nicer ping.
  • Dear college-goers, we know colleges have fast internet.
  • Dear college-goers, we know colleges have fast internet.
    P.S. Just wait until you have to pay for your own internet connection, then come back to this thread.
  • P.S. Just wait until you have to pay for your own internet connection, then come back to this thread.
    Eeeeeyup. 20/1 bitches.
  • P.S. Just wait until you have to pay for your own internet connection, then come back to this thread.
    Eeeeeyup. 20/1 bitches.
    Yawn.
    $30/month.
  • Finland, eh? Sounds like a country whose language I should begin learning...
    Tervetuloa vaan, sijamuotojen kanssa tullee vaikeuksia ensialkuun mutta kunnon nörtti selviää niistä käden käänteessä.
    Tervetuloa vaan, sijamuotojen kanssa tulee vaikeuksia ensialkuun mutta kunnon nörtti selviää niistä käden käänteessä.
  • edited September 2011
    Finland, eh? Sounds like a country whose language I should begin learning...
    Tervetuloa vaan, sijamuotojen kanssa tulee tullee vaikeuksia ensialkuun mutta kunnon nörtti selviää niistä käden käänteessä.
    Singular 3rd person Potential of tulla
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
    That's weird. Maybe my brother's torrenting.
  • Yawn.
    That's the difference 10 million people make.
    And yet Netflix is still streaming at like a frame a second.

Guess I can't complain about the hurr durr "no inappropriate stuff" policy with speed like this.

The primary bottleneck is in my apartment building's internal network (copper, 100Mbps); the apartment building's connection to the ISP is a gigabit line.
  • Fiber link, wet wall. Get on it.
  • edited September 2011
    I have no idea why its this fast today.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I would just like to note that I hate you all for having such fast internet and I pray for the day that Fios comes to my town or I can move to a place with Fios.