This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HP Kills WebOS

124»

Comments

• CyanogenMod team boots CM7 on TouchPad. The graphics drivers are kind of broken, and the touchscreen doesn't work at all, so we're still a bit off from a release, but these guys are WAY ahead of the TouchDroid asshats.
  • How well does ubuntu work? And does it dualboot well?
  • How well does ubuntu work? And does it dualboot well?
    I couldn't get it to boot. I think (think) my device is rooted or some shit, but the terminal emulator software from palm is so fucked that I just gave up after two hours of trying. I was watching Win Win at the same time, so it wasn't a total waste.

I'll look into CM7. It's trivial to rollback to webOS if something goes wrong. Unfortunately, there's now a 4GB EXT3 partition on my tablet that I have no idea how to get rid of.
  • CM7 is 2.3 right?

Can the touchpad just hook up as a flash drive? If so just try disc management on windows.
  • Yeah, I can probably just format the whole thing in the event that is the case; otherwise, I'll just format it to FAT32 in Ubuntu.
  • CM7 is 2.3 right?
    Yes. Google apparently hasn't released the source for Honeycomb yet, so we're stuck with Gingerbread for now.
    Can the touchpad just hook up as a flash drive? If so just try disc management on windows.
    The correct solution, I believe, is to do something with Meta-Doctor, whatever that is. I don't have mine yet, so I'm really not an expert at all.
  • You can alter partition size with MD, but I don't know that I can remove the ext3fs with that program.
  • Oh, sorry, you're right. You need to use the Linux command lvremove.
  • I hear that my local best buy still has some. They had them yesterday when my friend was buying her Android tablet. I'm hoping My mom will transfer funds into my account so tomorrow I can buy one for each of us. Was there any limit on how many you can buy for any of you guys?
    Sorry about the late reply, but just in case another shipment arrives, the BB policy is one per customer, you can get another if you go to the back of the line and there's something left over after everyone who wanted one gets their chance.
  • Sorry about the late reply, but just in case another shipment arrives, the BB policy is one per customer, you can get another if you go to the back of the line and there's something left over after everyone who wanted one gets their chance.
    tl;dr bring a friend.
  • Urg no luck at best buy. I was afraid they wouldn't have any. Oh well I guess I'll just keep looking online.
  • So, HP is making more TouchPads. What.
    Sense, this makes none.
  • All I know is I better get one from this batch.
  • So, HP is making more TouchPads. What.
    Sense, this makes none.
    Well, they did just reach from last place to the second-largest market share in tablets in the span of about a week. It makes sense that they'd want to at least test the waters a bit. They also just decided to update WebOS and QuickOffice.
  • If anyone out there that already has one would like to try to get another one for me, it would be very much appreciated.
  • I have another 32 gig one that I'm debating holding onto or giving to a co-worker if neither of these works out...
  • That would be cool, but if you have prior plans I'm not gonna ask for it unless they don't work out like you said. But I know its kind of hit or miss finding one once they sell the new batch, so if anyone wanted to try for me that would be very nice of you.
  • I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but the HTC flyer is the next $99 tablet.
  • Update in that article says the $99 thing was an error. Real price is $299.