This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime that SCARRED you.

Comments

• Kanokon for having characters with actually no noses and for inventing an character who is the unholy spawn between Jason Biggs and Elijah Wood.
  • Good anime that scarred me when i was a kid: Grave of the Fireflies. The idea that kids my age were starving to death on screen was painful, even if i did not understand some of the going ons.

Bad anime that scarred me: Sexy Magical Girl the OVA (it had penises acting as spears, i kinda wanted to gouge my eyes out after that)
  • Genocyber.
    Good lord.
  • Okay, I think a good anime that scared me, was that the first time I ever saw "Cowboy Bebop" it was that bizarre episode, Toys in the Attic. I still find the episode to be really strange, but the first time I watched it, I was kind of scared. It was 1 AM on a School Night, while I was 12 watching the episode with my eyes glued on the screen. (Using a blanket so the light from the TV couldn't be seen through the cracks) So to see an anime where with an unstoppable killer blob that renders people sick? A little terrifying, especially since it takes out the main cast.
  • KissxSis. I walked into an anime room at a sci fi con. I walked out in 3 minutes.
    Almost as scary as Chu-Bra.
  • KissxSis. I walked into an anime room at a sci fi con. I walked out in 3 minutes.
    Almost as scary as Chu-Bra.
    No. I bet Chu Bra doesn't have an older bro with his younger sister wanting him and one of them has to pee so bad. So he takes her to pee...and watches per her request. They showed it all...there was more. I yelled something about getting some mecha anime and left.
  • No. I bet Chu Bra doesn't have an older bro with his younger sister wanting him and one of them has to pee so bad. So he takes her to pee...and watches per her request. They showed it all...there was more. I yelled something about getting some mecha anime and left.
    Good god. I couldn't get past the first two minutes of Kiss x Sis. I can't believe you watched long enough to see such horrible things.
  • No. I bet Chu Bra doesn't have an older bro with his younger sister wanting him and one of them has to pee so bad. So he takes her to pee...and watches per her request. They showed it all...there was more. I yelled something about getting some mecha anime and left.
    Good god. I couldn't get past the first two minutes of Kiss x Sis. I can't believe you watched long enough to see such horrible things.
    KissxSis. I walked into an anime room at a sci fi con. I walked out in 3 minutes.
  • Must have not walked in at the beginning of episode 1.
  • edited August 2011
    Plans for next sci fi con:

-Get room on party floor
    -Set up projector and screen or just an HDTV
    -Unofficially host an anime room to compete with moe naughty scarring room
    -WIN
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited August 2011
    Kanokon for having characters with actually no noses and for inventing an character who is the unholy spawn between Jason Biggs and Elijah Wood.
    Every time I saw promo art for this thing the female characters' "tails" looked like poop, which just confused the crap out of me until I sat down and actually watched the first episode.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • Kanokon for having characters with actually no noses and for inventing an character who is the unholy spawn between Jason Biggs and Elijah Wood.
    Every time I saw promo art for this thing the female characters' "tails" looked like poop, which just confused the crap out of me until I sat down and actually watched the first episode.
    Ah, Kanokon. The delightful story of various animal-demons trying to rape a timid boy, while the occasional fight breaks out.
    Not only that, but their skin looked like raw meat that you would find wrapped in a supermarket. And seriously, anyone who thinks that Mamiko Noto should play a Male Romantic Protagonist should be smacked across the head.
  • I have a feeling, if I watched all of the anime that's been brought up here, I'd turn into a non-man.
  • Speed Grapher, Mezzo Forte, Ninja Scroll. I'll probably carry those images in my head for a long time to come.

I was way too young for Ninja Scroll, and I walked out on it very early, during the scene in which some ugly stone dude engulfs an entire breast in his mouth after telling the woman he's raping that he'd be fine doing so to her corpse. I didn't care that he would get what was coming to him, because at that point no death would have been fitting enough to un-disturb me.

Really, I just felt like wandering off and punching a dick.
  • I have a feeling, if I watched all of the anime that's been brought up here, I'd turn into a non-man.
    A grue?
    A grue?
    I was referring more to the non-men of "The Prince of Nothing".
  • Sew eye sea.
  • Genocyber.
    Good lord.
    Chi is a savage wind.
  • That would have to be Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin, Ai no Kusabi, Wolfs Rain, and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. All for very different reasons, but scarring nonetheless.
  • Wolf's Rain was interesting. Also, welcome to the forum, newbie. May wanna pick a more easily rememberable username, though. Maybe just "Jezzi" or "Jezzibelle"?
  • Okay, so this requires some context.

When I was six, jtvh was getting into anime, which summoned up her nostalgia for an anime she watched as a little kid in the 70s: Kimba the White Lion. She bought the full NBC release of the series on VHS. We watched it (in the correct Tezuka order, which was no easy feat with VHSs) and liked it.

So, a year or two later, the Jungle Emperor Leo movie comes to America in one of those one-night-only events. We go, used to the watered down version that NBC made.

JESUS SHIT, KIMBA FUCKING DIED!

And that is the anime that scarred me.
  • edited August 2013
    Now and Then, Here and There.

Fuck you, show. Fuck you.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited August 2013

Whimp! :-p

I don't really get scared by anime. I think the act of reading subtitles keeps me from getting a fear response. "
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • lol. Scott.

Off the top of my have, I can only think of manga that scarred me. Parasyte and Gyo are the ones that really scared me. There was a scene in Parasyte that stuck with me and that's the scene where the husband opens his head to eat his wife. His face breaks into 8 sections.
  • I'm pretty much unscarrable.
  • I'm pretty much unscarrable.
    Says he who already mentioned an anime that scarred him.

HOW?! That show's great. How did it scar you?
  • Lol, thought this was a new thread. Didn't see that first page there. First answer was better answer.
  • It sounds silly now but the dog killing episode in Elfen Lied. Seeing that kid beat a dog into a pulp with a blunt object was a bit much for my 7th grade self. Didn't get emotionally upset, but I wanted to show my friend it to confirm the "WTF" feeling from that scene. Thankfully the episode didn't play for him because it would have been hard to explain this to his parents.
  • Ninja Scroll and Fist of the North Star, but I was pretty young when I first saw these and still scared of the dark.