This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime that SCARRED you.

13»

Comments

• An entire thread where nobody mentioned watching Grave of the Fireflies at an all-too-early age? Emotional scars, bro.
  • I'm not old enough to watch Grave of the Fireflies yet.
  • edited August 2013
    An entire thread where nobody mentioned watching Grave of the Fireflies at an all-too-early age? Emotional scars, bro.
    That.
    Also, Barefoot Gen. Christ almighty is that a downer.
    Edit: Oh yeah, and Genocyber. That was some serious scarring.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited September 2013
    Just saw the promo for Attack on Titan. Scarred. <:@
    Oh yeah, and have decided to start watching it.
    I watched Ninja Scroll and Wicked City too early and have yet to untangle my brain.
    Grave of the Fireflies, well, I'll never take rice for granted again.
    Post edited by daromrom on
  • Grave of the Fireflies, well, I'll never take rice for granted again.
    Every time I pour rice into the rice cooker I shed a tear for every grain that falls in the sink.
  • edited September 2013
    I didn't even see some of the worst parts of Elfen Lied in sequence, but instead was exposed to them via Youtube or similar. I'm now comfortable in my decision never to watch the whole series.

But then, I cried like a big fat baby watching Air, and Clannad.

I don't like my anime to get too much deeper than GitS or Bebop, if I can help it. I'm generally looking to be entertained, not mindfucked.

The latter can be good, even intellectually stimulating, but not as a constant habit. I don't think it's good for me, not sure about people in general.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I hated watching through Here and There, Now and Then, but I had to know what was gonna happen at the end. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad, but I won't say it wasn't evil.

Side note, King Hamdo's story reminds me a lot of Pierrot Le Fou's from Cowboy Bebop.
  • I don't know if any anime really scarred me. I have a couple of friends that were kind of scarred by Ninja Scroll in middle school. I saw most of Now and Then, Here and There back when it was on SciFi, but all I remember is it being really sad.
  • Being a young 'un, I was scarred basically into invincibility by the Internet before I could chance upon any severely scarring anime, I think.
  • edited November 2013

Being a young 'un, I was scarred basically into invincibility by the Internet before I could chance upon any severely scarring anime, I think.

lemme guess, 4chan?

Even today, I still find anime that freak me out. What bothers me these days is when I discover that a really effed' up one is actually mainstream. Still, I have to warn you, DON'T WATCH AN ANIME CALLED BOKU!

Actually, I haven't personally watched it, but I'm going to take the meme's word for it.
    Post edited by Viethra on
  • The Wings of Honneamise is kinda messed with the whole rape thing but I was pretty well scarred by then anyway.