This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Terraria Server: Gallifrey

edited August 2011 in Video Games
I hope I'm doing this right so here we go:

127.0.0.1:7777
Password: FRC

Assuming this works I should be able to keep the server up pretty often since I've got teh fast school internets.

derp

Comments

• edited August 2011
    LAWL. Let us all connect to our own individual server guys. Have fun alone!

EDIT: This is up there with that guy fucking up giving moot 127.0.0.1 as IP to ban.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Hey I'll admit I have no idea what I'm doing. There's a reason IT isn't my major anymore.
  • 127.0.0.1:7777
    Just a heads up, this is the home address. Ain't nobody connecting to that.

That said, though, there are other servers we've all been playing on. I've got one, Air Co. has hosted occasionally... Feel free to ask for the IP address.
  • Hey I'll admit I have no idea what I'm doing. There's a reason IT isn't my major anymore.
    No worries. 127.0.0.1 is the primary loopback IP. You ping it to see if your drivers and shit are working. Then you ping Google to see if your internet works. Then you go to Google and ask what is my IP address?
  • I was going to but on steam I couldn't seem to connect and steam was being a dick and wouldn't let me send a message and ask you if it was online.
    And I'm not surprised that its the home address. I was afraid of that. I tried doing Ipconfig/all but I couldn't find the IPv4 address, only IPv6 so I sorta just said fuck it and tried it without trying to make a static IP or whatever and here we are.
  • edited August 2011
    So you're not going to set up your server?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I was going to but on steam I couldn't seem to connect and steam was being a dick and wouldn't let me send a message and ask you if it was online.
    And I'm not surprised that its the home address. I was afraid of that. I tried doing Ipconfig/all but I couldn't find the IPv4 address, only IPv6 so I sorta just said fuck it and tried it without trying to make a static IP or whatever and here we are.
    Try this. However, it's highly probable you're behind a NAT you have no control over, thus making it nearly impossible to host a server.
  • >run around server map
    >find meteorite
    >mine, mine, mine
    >suddenly Cthulhu is watching me
    >meteor heads everywhere
    >Eye of Cthulhu suddenly present
    >suddenly on fire and near death
    OHGODWHATISTHISIMNOTGOODWITHCOMPUTERS.jpg
  • I'll set one up if I can. If I just use my normal IP address I can set up the server? Assuming my schools network isn't set up weird.
  • You need to forward a port for the game. The standard port is 7777. Your school probably doesn't allow you to forward the relevant port. We'd just need the IP you get from the site linked George or myself.
  • well my IP is 204.38.193.89
    password: frc

and I have no idea how to port forward so this probably won't work.
  • When I try to connect it hangs at logging in.
  • Thats the same thing that happens to me when I tried prof's server. Hmm
  • I don't think prof's server is up right now.
  • Yeah, that was probably the problem for me the other day. Hmm, am am hosting now as far as I can tell...
  • But you don't/can't have the port forwarded.
  • edited August 2011
    My server is off, I'll edit this post when it's up (in like an hour or so)

-EDIT- Server is up now - 98.113.169.78:7777
    frcforums
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Hmm, so apparently my server did work...
  • My noob server is now up