This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Redline

Comments

• I want to build be the Yellowline Trans-Am as part of the ultimate cosplay.
    I want to do the same thing that people do for Mario Kart cosplay for this movie.
    I was thinking more like transformer cosplay.
  • I was thinking more like this Gundam cosplay:
  • God dammit.

Here I go. Again. Third time. Fuck you for making this thread.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't get it Air Co.
    God dammit.

Here I go. Again. Third time.

Fuck you for making this thread.
    What do you mean by that?
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I think he's re-re-watching redline.
  • Ahhh. gottcha. Thanks.
  • I hope Dave and Joel cover this shit.
    Prayers answered!
  • edited September 2011
    Oh shits. Tomorrow will be a good day for podcasts. Dave and Joel on Redline, and Madoka Magica final thoughts (didn't listen to it today because I wanted to rewatch the show before that, which I'll finish tonight), plus a new episode of Filmsack.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Dave and Joel on Redline
    We already recorded our review, which will go up whenever we feel it.
  • What do you mean by that?
    Context is hard for you I guess.
    We already recorded our review, which will go up whenever we feel it.
    Code for: "We might do a show on Redline, but don't count on it."
  • OMG, just finished Redline. Talk about one of the most epic racing movies ever!
  • OMG, just finished Redline. Talk about one of the most epic racing movies ever!
    Have you seen any significant number of racing movies to begin supporting that outburst?
    Have you seen any significant number of racing movies to begin supporting that outburst?
    If the sun went supernova and you survived to tell about it, would you care about other supernovas?

Context is overrated

Awesome movie is awesome.
  • If the sun went supernova and you survived to tell about it, would you care about other supernovas?
    I already care about other supernovas. They're awesome. And our sun's not going to be that amazing a supernova compared to some of the much, much, much larger stars out there. You might think context is overrated, but when you go making comments like you did, instead of the more general "Talk about an epic racing movie", you'd better have some context to actually give weight to your comment. Otherwise it's little more than yet another QFT post about Redline being cool.
  • Code for: "We might do a show on Redline, but don't count on it."
    No, they did it, I was in the kitchen making dinner and I listened to them record it.
  • RymRym
    edited September 2011
    "The evil of RoboWorld is eclipsed only by its incompetence."
    Post edited by Rym on
    Do I need to back up my opinions with numbers and graphs now? You see, other car animes have just plain old down time where nothing happens, but Redline has awesome parts in the middle of the show, thus keeping the watcher engaged, and ending everything with a boom, while other ones just slowly go to the resolution.

• I think you're wrong.

Also Initial D.
  • Are there cars in Initial D?
  • edited September 2011
    Graph dissing car anime
    To the contrary:
    Post edited by Greg on
  • No, they did it, I was in the kitchen making dinner and I listened to them record it.
    Yeaaaaaaaah, right. Like we can trust the bedpartner of half of the hosts.

• Reading the lyrics and listening to that piano almost made me cry.
  • Checked my local store because I was looking for something else and came across this:

U Jelly?
  • edited November 2011
    REDLIIIIIIIIINNNNEEEE.m4a

But it's such a shame that's not Blury.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • No, me human. Caveman better learn English proper!
  • Okaeri, kyuuchan!
  • We've been over this, shut up and stop it. There's only one crowbar I'd like to take to what remains of your face. Don't make me get a second one to use once the first one breaks.

EDIT: Oh wait, no more whispers.
  • edited November 2011
    No one else noticed how the "God of Pimps" was the same guy that Frisbee needed to be rescued from?

Honestly, I think the review (which I just listened to today, so that's why I've got to talk about it right now) didn't give the film enough credit; it's got plenty of plain-ol' self-indulgence, but at it's core is a strong (if not super-deep) message. I mean, come on, the race is called the "red line"! We've all heard it before.

Also, I liked how every race-team could have had their own show, and how one team actually did.
    Post edited by NickNovitski on
  • Lynchman and Johnny Boy FTW.