This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good Deeds of your Day

edited September 2011 in Everything Else
So, earlier tonight went out on a Slurpee run. The 7-Eleven, in my town was very disappointing, their Slurpee machine was broken. So I took a trip to the next town over. I got there and got myself a tasty, tasty Cherry Apple, BluRaz, Mixed Berry and Mt. Dew. It was to put simply, a fucking taste party in my mouth.

As I walked up the the register this cute female in a nurses uniform and she was looking very distraught. She was attempting to ask the clerk how to get to RT. 80. The clerk's English skills were, umm, less the proficient. She was very lost and was trying to get home to NY. Normally to get to RT. 80 from this 7-Eleven is no big deal. It would be a very direct route and take about 5 minuets, how ever Irene had to go and be a bitch and go and fuck up the major roads making this impossible. So I had a few options here. I could have just payed for my Slurpee and walked away. I could have told her how to get to RT. 80 or I could have written down directions for her. To me none of these were acceptable.

Now if I had just given her verbal directions to RT. 80 there would be no doubt in her becoming even more lost because she would need to travel back roads through four different small towns. Written directions would also end the same way because some of the roads do not have signs where she would turn and many of them have poor lighting. In my mind there was really only one choice. I would have to guide her to RT. 80. I explained to her why this was the best option and she readily agreed.

We left the store and walked into the lot. I quickly outlined our back road journey through the 4 different towns and explained it would normally only take 5 minuets if the main roads were not shut down, but this journey would take us 20-30 minutes. As we were about to get into our cars a look of panic came over her face. She asked me, "What if we accidentally get separated?"

I figured if I asked her for her phone number that may seem creepy and strange, well even stranger then some stranger offering to guide another stranger to her destination. I offered her my number so she could call me only if we got separated. She liked this idea and took my number down. At this point I realised how impolite I had been and I introduced myself. I learned that her name is Laura (on a perverted note she was half African American, about 5'4 light brown eyes and cute curly long dark black hair. She was very thin and had probably about a B-cup) and she is 26 and she is from Manhattan and was doing some nursing thing somewhere in the town that we were in and because of the road closings had become lost on her way home. After the introduction we then began our expedition. Traveling trough all 4 towns we made excellent time. It ended up taking less time then I expected, only about 17 minuets. As we neared RT. 80 I had the choice of just waving her on to the ramp and trusting that she could figure out to get onto 80 (when you get on the on ramp you do not get on to 80 right away. You need to stay on this ramp for about half a mile and follow the signs) or I could just keep on going and get onto 80 myself. I did not want to even chance her getting lost again in a different town so I got onto 80 myself.

Once we were on 80 for about 2 miles she called me. She thanked me many times over. She again told me how lost she had been and how grateful she was for my help. Then she told me she was going to make it worth my while for being so helpful. I told her not to worry about it and I hope she gets home safe. I told her that since we were now on 80 I was going to get off at the next exit and head home. She again thanked me and I wished her well and hung up.

I thought that was going to be the last I heard of her. Boy I was wrong. About 15 minuets later I pulled up to my house and by this time I had finished my Slurpee. I tossed the plastic cup into the recycling and headed upstairs to my room. I opened my bedroom door, turned on my TV, lay down on my bed and fired up my net book on my chest. After about an hour and a half or so of dicking around on the web, (watched episode 21-23 of EVA read some FRCF and a lil Topless Roboto) my phone goes off. I had received a text message. It was from the Laura. It was a SMS. She thanked me again and told me she had made it home safely. I texted her back no problem, I was glad to help and I wished her a good night. I then thought THAT would be the last I heard of her. Well again I was wrong...

My phone then went off like crazy. I got 6 messages in a rather quick succession. The messages were not SMS. They were MMS. I bet you can guess what happens next... I opened first message it was her in a mirror in her blue nurses uniform. The next one her shirt was off and she was wearing a grey sports bra. The next picture she had moved from the mirror that was over her sink to a full length mirror. This picture her pants were off and she was actually wearing some rather cute green thongs.

I will stop there, but you can guess where this goes, but there were 3 more pictures. . So, the lesson learned today is always help young ladies in motor distress. Hell help a young lady in any kind of distress. I guess you should probably help a person even if they are not a cute young girl, but at that point pray that they do not thank you the way I was thanked.

Well guys, what good deeds did you do today?

Oh and what should I do next? I got this pictures about half an hour ago... What is my next move?

Comments

• Another one of these?

Like, seriously, another fucking "of your day" thread?

Not to mention that we already have one that's, y'know... kinda similar.
  • My bad bro. I used the search function and did not think to use Kindness. I searched for Good Deeds. Nothing came up. Sorry pal. It sounds like someone needs a hug.
  • Another one of these?

Like, seriously, another fucking "of your day" thread?

Not to mention that we already have one that's, y'know... kinda similar.
    Pent-up Frustration of Your Day
  • @OCaptainMyCaptainTim post pics or it never happened. j/k .... not really please post pics.
  • Sex her up and the like.
  • I would never post her pics. Because I would never want someone that I sent pics to do it to me. (not that I would ever send anyone nudes... Im not to proud of my body. I kinda dont like myself.
  • edited September 2011
    Today a child couldnt pay for a comic. I payed for him.
    Post edited by Rainbow matress on
  • Today a child couldnt pay for a comic. I payed for him.
    That is AWESOME!!! What book did they get?
    It was locke and key.
  • Taking a page from Ice Cube's book, any day that I don't have to use my AK is a good day.
  • Is that you, Dave?
  • Can't reply now eating a hoagie.
  • Taking a page from Ice Cube's book, any day that I don't have to use my AK is a good day.
  • edited September 2011
    That's the best photo of Ice Cube ever, except for one where he had jheri curl:

Post edited by Gold Experience on
  • edited September 2011
    Today a child couldnt pay for a comic. I payed for him.
    It was locke and key.
    So I am sorry to keep dwelling on this and asking a billion questions but it is very interesting. I have tons of questions. How old was this kid? Was "Locke and Key" something he or she was going to get and then didn't have enough money so you stepped into pay? Was it just some kid hanging out in the shop looking all sullen because they could not afford anything so you talked up "Locke and Key" and then procured it for them? Was it a lil' boy or a lil' girl? Does the kid read other comics and if so do the read good ones? Did you recommend other good titles for this cool lil' padawan and set them on the proper path of ninja nerdom?

I have had a similar experience. This was in 2007 and I had a really good job and was making lots of money so I always bought tons of books. Well the week after free comic book day I always head back to my local store (yes I went on free comic book day too!) and there is always left overs. I am good friends with the owner Steve. I have known him since I was a baby! He actually went to High School with my Aunt so I would see him whenever I came up to visit her, Grandma and Grandpa. Now that I have derailed my story let me set it back on the tracks. OK, Steve always hooks me up with left overs from fcd. Many of the selections are the ones geared to younger kids. I ended up taking about 25 books total ( I would take the extras and go bring them to this school for Autistic kids that my mother used to work at before she got sick and was had to go on disability. When I was younger I also used to volunteer there for the summer (a lot of special needs schools run year round). I would always bring in comics and the tween-teen-young 20s boys there that were high functioning and could read (even the ones that couldn't but were able to ask me to read the comics to them loved my comics. I lost and donated hundreds of comics that way. So when Free Comic Book Day started up I didnt have to loose my collection anymore (well as much of my collection) The first year I remember talking to Steve and having him donate the left overs was 2003 0r 2004. I gathered up the books and quickly decided I should probably buy some things if I was taking that much for free. I bought Pride of Bagdad, the novelization of Infinite Crisis (non comic book version. Like a real book. Weird at a comic book store huh? Well I remember it was on sale for like only 1 or 2 dollars) and a whole bunch of some random issues. There was some Spiderman and Star Wars. There was probably some other stuff too. I paid for my comics and then walked down the Harry's to get me a Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese on an everything bagel with S,P,K and a dash o' hot sauce.

Well I was eating my Taylor Ham and getting my read on and I noticed this table of 2 about 10 year old boys by all by themselves staring at me. They saw I looked up and asked me if I was reading comics. I told them yes I was and asked them if they read any comics. They both then walked over to my table and sat down and said no... But the older one said he likes Spiderman and the younger one liked something I had never heard of. I then asked them if they wanted some free comics. They both said yes and then introduced themselves. They were brothers and one was around 11 and the other was 8 I think. They both told me how they rode their bikes to Harry's Corner to get some bagel sandwiches and sodas.

I told them all about the local store that was only about 5 blocks away and "Funny Steve" the owner (btw the store is called "Funny Books" The name Funny Steve is in no way some perverted thing). The kids kept looking blankly at me. They had never been there. I then explained how it was on the same street we were on now and just like 4 or 5 blocks over. I explained all about free comic book day and then organized a pile of books for each of them from the free comic books and said here ya go!" They thanked me but continued to sit at my table. Not looking at the books I just gave them, but my pile that I had just bought. The younger one said, "What are those? Can I have those too?"

"These books? They are mine. They are not free comic book day books. That only happens once a year and it is only certian books." The younger one looked really sad but then said, "So I can not have any of these? Please can I have them too." And that did it for me. This little kid was fuckin ballsy. I was making a lot of money at the time, I could afford it, Steve had given me a discount anyway and I had just finished the Pride of Bagdad and I thought it was an important book. I said, "You know what kid, I would normally say no. But you are pretty brave. Having no fear and just asking for something you want. I will let you have them but you and your brother must share them. I gave the kids the rest of my books (the ones I paid for, I kept the novelization of Infinite Crisis and I still donated the majority of the free comic book day books) and wished the kids good luck and that I hopped I would see them at Funny Books.

Well that was 4 Free comic book days ago. I still see the one of brothers regularly and he always come up to me and shows me what books he is getting. He is like 14 or 15 now. He mainly gets under pervert comics. I want to put him on the right path and show him some cool off the beaten path stuff like Ex Machinia and The Boys. But I am going to wait till he is a freshman in High School before I do that.

"Burns, there's something you should always do when you find a gun.
    ALWAYS check the barrel. "

And Mr. Gold I have a question did that hoagie you just consumed. It didn't happen to have any Tzatziki sauce on it. Did it? Cause if it did. And Im just sayjin here. Then that might be a M.D. Hoagie.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I know. Thats why I dropped the one in the chamber and the Most Dangerous Hoagie with Tzatziki sauce.
  • I'm so salty about this.
  • Wait, if you're Dave Riley, who is Dave? A dinosaur?
    It was locke and key.
    So I am sorry to keep dwelling on this and asking a billion questions but it is very interesting. I have tons of questions. How old was this kid? Was "Locke and Key" something he or she was going to get and then didn't have enough money so you stepped into pay? Was it just some kid hanging out in the shop looking all sullen because they could not afford anything so you talked up "Locke and Key" and then procured it for them? Was it a lil' boy or a lil' girl? Does the kid read other comics and if so do the read good ones? Did you recommend other good titles for this cool lil' padawan and set them on the proper path of ninja nerdom?

I have had a similar experience. This was in 2007 and I had a really good job and was making lots of money so I always bought tons of books. Well the week after free comic book day I always head back to my local store (yes I went on free comic book day too!) and there is always left overs. I am good friends with the owner Steve. I have known him since I was a baby! He actually went to High School with my Aunt so I would see him whenever I came up to visit her, Grandma and Grandpa. Now that I have derailed my story let me set it back on the tracks. OK, Steve always hooks me up with left overs from fcd. Many of the selections are the ones geared to younger kids. I ended up taking about 25 books total ( I would take the extras and go bring them to this school for Autistic kids that my mother used to work at before she got sick and was had to go on disability. When I was younger I also used to volunteer there for the summer (a lot of special needs schools run year round). I would always bring in comics and the tween-teen-young 20s boys there that were high functioning and could read (even the ones that couldn't but were able to ask me to read the comics to them loved my comics. I lost and donated hundreds of comics that way. So when Free Comic Book Day started up I didnt have to loose my collection anymore (well as much of my collection) The first year I remember talking to Steve and having him donate the left overs was 2003 0r 2004. I gathered up the books and quickly decided I should probably buy some things if I was taking that much for free. I bought Pride of Bagdad, the novelization of Infinite Crisis (non comic book version. Like a real book. Weird at a comic book store huh? Well I remember it was on sale for like only 1 or 2 dollars) and a whole bunch of some random issues. There was some Spiderman and Star Wars. There was probably some other stuff too. I paid for my comics and then walked down the Harry's to get me a Taylor Ham Egg and Cheese on an everything bagel with S,P,K and a dash o' hot sauce.

Well I was eating my Taylor Ham and getting my read on and I noticed this table of 2 about 10 year old boys by all by themselves staring at me. They saw I looked up and asked me if I was reading comics. I told them yes I was and asked them if they read any comics. They both then walked over to my table and sat down and said no... But the older one said he likes Spiderman and the younger one liked something I had never heard of. I then asked them if they wanted some free comics. They both said yes and then introduced themselves. They were brothers and one was around 11 and the other was 8 I think. They both told me how they rode their bikes to Harry's Corner to get some bagel sandwiches and sodas.

I told them all about the local store that was only about 5 blocks away and "Funny Steve" the owner (btw the store is called "Funny Books" The name Funny Steve is in no way some perverted thing). The kids kept looking blankly at me. They had never been there. I then explained how it was on the same street we were on now and just like 4 or 5 blocks over. I explained all about free comic book day and then organized a pile of books for each of them from the free comic books and said here ya go!" They thanked me but continued to sit at my table. Not looking at the books I just gave them, but my pile that I had just bought. The younger one said, "What are those? Can I have those too?"

"These books? They are mine. They are not free comic book day books. That only happens once a year and it is only certian books." The younger one looked really sad but then said, "So I can not have any of these? Please can I have them too." And that did it for me. This little kid was fuckin ballsy. I was making a lot of money at the time, I could afford it, Steve had given me a discount anyway and I had just finished the Pride of Bagdad and I thought it was an important book. I said, "You know what kid, I would normally say no. But you are pretty brave. Having no fear and just asking for something you want. I will let you have them but you and your brother must share them. I gave the kids the rest of my books (the ones I paid for, I kept the novelization of Infinite Crisis and I still donated the majority of the free comic book day books) and wished the kids good luck and that I hopped I would see them at Funny Books.

Well that was 4 Free comic book days ago. I still see the one of brothers regularly and he always come up to me and shows me what books he is getting. He is like 14 or 15 now. He mainly gets under pervert comics. I want to put him on the right path and show him some cool off the beaten path stuff like Ex Machinia and The Boys. But I am going to wait till he is a freshman in High School before I do that.

"Burns, there's something you should always do when you find a gun.
    ALWAYS check the barrel. "

And Mr. Gold I have a question did that hoagie you just consumed. It didn't happen to have any Tzatziki sauce on it. Did it? Cause if it did. And Im just sayjin here. Then that might be a M.D. Hoagie.
    He was 15, he asked specifically for locke and key. He only had enough for an issue but all they had was the hard cover special edition and the kid obviously had been saving just to get a few issues of the series. I stepped in as if I were protoman, sporting the fabulous hair to boot. I pontificated " is there a man among us here? Is there no one who will stand up and try to pay? "
    And I dropped forty bucks for the kid.
  • Shit yeah, I'm going to do that this afternoon.
  • MD HOAGIE????
  • edited September 2011
    I think Mr. Riley had a transporter accident, and that's why we're in this debacle. There is only one way to find out who is the true Dave Riley and who is the clone: THE FIRST ONE TO UPLOAD AN AUDIO FILE OF COGSWELL PEPPERBOX SAYING "Rarity is the best pony ever" IS THE TRUE DAVID RILEY!
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Don't tell Graz.
  • David Riley would never lie to us.
  • I'm okay with someone else being me. We can trade.
  • So you're saying you want to be a pretty girl?
  • I'm okay with someone else being me. We can trade.
    Shit Dave get outta here or we'll both die Timecop-style.
  • "Timecop style" being one of us stands in the dark and watches in silence while the other does the nasty with the wife?
  • Now I'm not going to say who (it's Omnu) but someone here is now writing GrozxGE fanfic.