This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Obama Speech

dsfdsf
edited September 2011 in Politics
So far he's being succinct and staying on message...

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Watched for five minutes while waiting for football. I don't know how anyone watches this shit. Five minutes of talking, a thousand minutes of clapping. If I were giving a talk and was interrupted with fake applause after every two sentences, I would be really fucking pissed off. Stop fucking clapping!

I think that maybe they aren't clapping at the speech. They are applauding to cover up the sound of themselves laughing. They're laughing because they should all be in jail for being corrupt assholes, but they keep totally getting away with it. They've been getting away with it for so long, it can't be anything other than a big joke.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Watched for five minutes while waiting for football. I don't know how anyone watches this shit. Five minutes of talking, a thousand minutes of clapping. If I were giving a talk and was interrupted with fake applause after every two sentences, I would be really fucking pissed off. Stop fucking clapping!

I think that maybe they aren't clapping at the speech. They are applauding to cover up the sound of themselves laughing. They're laughing because they should all be in jail for being corrupt assholes, but they keep totally getting away with it. They've been getting away with it for so long, it can't be anything other than a big joke.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm Scott Rubin
  • I kept watching and weeping at the inadvertent messages being sent by the Republican side of the aisle. Obama would say something to the effect of, "We need to support the American people and make sure their basic protections aren't stripped away." Then the Democrats would stand, clap, and cheer. The Republicans would not, signaling that they don't want to keep basic protections from being stripped away.
  • Watched for five minutes while waiting for football. I don't know how anyone watches this shit. Five minutes of talking, a thousand minutes of clapping. If I were giving a talk and was interrupted with fake applause after every two sentences, I would be really fucking pissed off. Stop fucking clapping!

• I actually can't think of any time when Scott was impressed by anything.
    1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Madoka Magika
    3. My Little Pony
    4. Your Mom
    1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Madoka Magika
    3. My Little Pony
    4. Your Mom
    5. Redline
    1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Madoka Magika
    3. My Little Pony
    4. Your Mom
    I think there was a food item that impressed him once.
  • edited September 2011
    Topic branches are awesome. They keep your changes localized and let you choose when you want to introduce your changes and when to deal with other developer's changes.

"Oh good god" is the best response I've ever heard for WebDAV.
    It is easy to shoot your foot off with git, but also easy to revert to a previous foot and merge it with your current leg.
    —Jack William Bell
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited September 2011
    5. Redline
    I don't think Scott has seen Redline yet, and he was jaded enough to declare that Redline couldn't possibly be as good as people say it is in an earlier episode of Geeknights.
    I needed to take a break after watching Redline. It was so good and so fist-clenchingly exciting that I was physically exhausted at the end.

JUST WATCH THE FUCKING YELLOWLINE:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • 5. Redline
    I don't think Scott has seen Redline yet, and he was jaded enough to declare that Redline couldn't possibly be as good as people say it is in an earlier episode of Geeknights.
    That was the joke :)

@windupbird: Amen to that brother. When Funky Boy kicked in I fucking lost it. Had to pause it to collect my thoughts and decipher what the hell I was seeing!
  • Fuck this I'm going to watch Redline right now.
    Ah fuck it. Same.
  • edited September 2011
    Fuck this I'm going to watch Redline right now.
    Ah fuck it. Same.
    Harper hates Boo-ray rips more than he hates rpgs, bro. Currently 2% done and racing at 20kB/s
    Post edited by Pegu on
    Ah fuck it. Same.
    Harper hates Boo-ray rips more than he hates rpgs, bro. Currently 2% done and racing at 20kB/s
    Bloody hell, I could send you a copy and it would probably arrive before that finishes. And I live in NZ... :)
  • Fuck dude, I'm in Illinois. That's just a hop, skip, and a jump over the border.
    1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Madoka Magika
    3. My Little Pony
    4. Your Mom
    MY MOTHER WAS A SAINT
  • MY MOTHER WAS A SAINT
    Yea, she was inspired in bed :-p
  • edited September 2011
    I actually can't think of any time when Scott was impressed by anything.
    Your Mom<------ </p>
    I think there was a food item that impressed him once.
    Post edited by FarliamentPunkadelic on
  • I seem to remember a story in which Scott has a bizarre affinity for shoes...
  • I seem to remember a story in which Scott has a bizarre affinity for shoes...
    They had to match his handbag before we could drive to the beach.
  • So Obama's bill. Un-passable bill is un-passable?
  • So Obama's bill. Un-passable bill is un-passable?
    Isn't that what they called Healthcare reform?
  • Isn't that what they called Healthcare reform?
    The public option didn't pass.
  • I left a question mark at the end of the statement. I hope it does pass.
  • The public option didn't pass.
    Well health care bill that they did pass was said to be unpassable as well, especially when Scott Brown won in Mass.
  • MY MOTHER WAS A SAINT
    Yea, she was inspired in bed :-p
  • edited September 2011
    I left a question mark at the end of the statement. I hope it does pass.
    Well he did mention "Pass this bill" after every 5 sentences... Maybe his hoping if he repeats it enough times, the bill will pass.

Even if the bill some how passes in November, it won't be signed into law until just before Christmas at the earliest. By then Greece will have already defaulted and kicked out of the EU, causing a global recession. And who's going to hire people during a recession?
    Post edited by Codger on
  • And who's going to hire people during a recession?
    Debt collection agencies.
  • Debtor's Prison Gaurds.