This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iTunes issues

edited September 2006 in Technology
For those who were sucked into upgrading to the newest iTunes...

If you find playing GeekNights on your iPod causes it to crash and reboot do this:

In the info section of the podcast, set it to start at 00:01 and everything will be fine.

Comments

• That's a -really- weird problem. I have the latest iTunes, and I just listened to GeekNights on the way to work with no issues.
  • Well Rym...

Some of us got suckered into upgrading iTunes because iTunes complained our iPod software was too old to transfer certain types of media to it. The same exact media files that had been on the iPod but recently deleted to make room for other things.

After upgrading the iPod firmware iTunes let me put the media files back on the iPod but then screwed up many of my podcast mp3s that I have since added onto the iPod. All existing mp3s that were on the iPod play fine, 25% of all news ones added cause the iPod to crash and reboot when it tries to play them. If I had a video camera I would record it and post the video!
  • Oh, I believe you. People with older iPods have been reporting similar problems all over. You're pretty-much boned until Apple decides to release a fix.
  • I still can't get ITunes to automatically delete played podcasts from my hard drive. It will remove them from my IPod, but they linger on my hard drive until manually deleted. Judging by other forums, I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • Oh, I believe you. People with older iPods have been reporting similar problems all over. You're pretty-much boned until Apple decides to release a fix.
    That's funny because I have a 5th gen iPod!
  • My newish nano has yet to need a firmware update. iTunes 7 had no effect on it.
  • Even worse...

All my "Recently xxxx" play lists are GONE!

When I add a single new song to my iPod I have a hell of a time trying to find it...
  • I haven't had many problems with iTunes 7, only that it tends to skip ahead in files like 1/2 to 2 seconds sorta randomly. And also when I watch videos, when I pause the video then try to unpause it it closes the video window. It's really very odd.
  • The latest episode (Thursday's, about hockey) doesn't appear in iTunes (7) for me. Any ideas?
  • Well, the feed is fine, and the file was downloaded by numerous iTunes clients... You're the first one to mention a problem.
  • I haven't had many problems with iTunes 7, only that it tends to skip ahead in files like 1/2 to 2 seconds sorta randomly. And also when I watch videos, when I pause the video then try to unpause it it closes the video window. It's really very odd.
    I'm so glad someone else's is doing that! I thought it was me. It seems to only happen when I am trying to do a lot with my computer, I like to listen to podcasts while I play Civ IV (which tests my computer's poor little brain) but can't with 7 because it skips. It doesn't skip if I am stressing my computer.

I've had no troubles with my iPod and can get everything fine, I like the new layout.
  • I used to be able to watch iTunes TV shows on my computer if I just used QuickTime and not iTunes...

Now, even with just QuickTime, the videos are jerky...
  • iTunes 7.0.1 just got released. Go get it.
  • Did they fix the podcast problem? I forgot to update my start time on last nights show so I can't listen to it yet on my iPod...
  • Did they fix the podcast problem? I forgot to update my start time on last nights show so I can't listen to it yet on my iPod...
    I'm not exactly sure what they fixed and I can't find any release notes on the site. I haven't gotten it yet but I'm sure they are in the download.