This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kickstarter

Comments

• okeefe said:

okeefe said:

Paranoia is getting rebooted. I'm waiting for a box + all pdfs tier…

They finally unfucked their tiers! Backed at Green.
    Only three days left on this. I'm in for the boxed set and the GM screen. This podcast interview is the best of the bunch.
  • edited January 2015
    If you haven't back the Inspector Pancakes Helps the President of France Kickstarter, what are you waiting for?

https://kickstarter.com/projects/2072234937/inspector-pancakes-helps-the-president-of-france

From an article on ComicsAlliance (comicsalliance.com/inspector-pancakes-kickstarter-childrens-book/

"Created by Karla Pacheco and Maren Marmulla, Inspector Pancakes Helps The President Of France (Solve The White Orchid Murders) is a twisted take on the popular children’s storybook format. The basic hook is that the beautiful illustrations and large print captions tell the kid-friendly version of this story in which a talking American dog detective travels to France to assist its President in locating his missing croissant, while the smaller type details the decidedly kid-unfriendly story of the hard boiled, depressive and nihilistic canine cop and his pursuit of a serial murderer who butchers his victims in deeply disturbing ways. It is hilarious and wrong."

Post edited by jabrams007 on
  • Inspector Pancakes doesn't have time for your shit ass croissants France.
  • edited January 2015
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens/description

From the Oatmeal. Made their goal in minutes and are now waaaaaaaay over.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Watch the video for Strafe.
  • HMTKSteve said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens/description

From the Oatmeal. Made their goal in minutes and are now waaaaaaaay over.

The only kickstarter for the oatmeal I would back would be to send him to a comedy writing course, so maybe he can get a joke that isn't just screaming random words at top volume, with some swears mixed in.
  • Linking here since I know the developer Pretense.
  • edited January 2015
    Primetime Adventures V2 has gone to PDF!
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Fight for Space: NASA & Space Exploration Doc

A documentary is being made to explain the accomplishments and benefits of NASA and spaceflight. This is useful for anyone who doubts the mission of NASA and will be shown to members of Congress.
  • edited February 2015
    This mobile device charger seems counter-intuitive in requiring fuel but on the other hand it doesn't it doesn't have a battery that will eventually wear out.

It would be great for camping but I don't usually keep any gas around here for daily use and on long visits you need to find some fuel when you arrive

Might just get an Anker.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • edited February 2015
    sK0pe said:

Might just get an Anker.

I've had my Anker all of 2 weeks and it's already worth the $30 I spent on it.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • So this is an interesting idea use any light socket to create a Bluetooth enabled projector. Beam is for a $399 price tag and not sure yet but looks pretty cool.
  • They made another one: Treasure Chest of Realistic Resource Tokens.

I don't need them, but I could find a reason to need them. You know, for future board games I may get. Yeah, that warrants backing this project.
  • I like the slab of meat, you could use it for pink cubes in Caylus. The original treasure chest also has all of the resources for Tzolk'in.
  • Now it could be me, but this appears to be licensed version of Formula D.

Fast and the Furious the Board Game.
  • Coldguy said:

Now it could be me, but this appears to be licensed version of Formula D.

Fast and the Furious the Board Game.

Yes, that's exactly what that is. You know what? I'm cool with that. Much better to put a license on a good game than to invent a garbage game just to satisfy a license.

There is a long tradition of this in board games with all the various X-opoly games that exist. Would love to see some rethemes of Eurogames, especially when the theme fits well. If 7 Wonders got a Pokemon retheme and was 7 gym leaders who tried to catch 'em all, do you think we would ever play the original ever again?
  • Star Wars Tsuro and Carcassonne is a thing that exists.
  • Matt said:

Star Wars Tsuro and Carcassonne is a thing that exists.

I thought FFG had exclusive Star Wars license for tabletop games. They don't publish Tsuro or Carcassonne, so how did this happen?
  • Coldguy said:

Now it could be me, but this appears to be licensed version of Formula D.

The rules are actually up on BGG. It uses a movement point system similar to the Horgers' other racing game Thunder Alley, only with an entirely different card and resource mechanism to simulate a movie street race instead of a stock car race. Seems legit.

Definitely not a reimplementation of Formula D though.
  • Apreche said:

Matt said:

I thought FFG had exclusive Star Wars license for tabletop games. They don't publish Tsuro or Carcassonne, so how did this happen?
    They are international releases.

Their license also isn't all-encompassing. Originally it did not include "board games," although I believe they have officially expanded the terms. For instance, Hasbro still can do Star Wars games. In fact, they are re-branding Loopin' Louie as Loopin' Chewie for release this year.

• Matt said:

Apreche said:

Matt said:

They are international releases.

Their license also isn't all-encompassing. Originally it did not include "board games," although I believe they have officially expanded the terms. For instance, Hasbro still can do Star Wars games. In fact, they are re-branding Loopin' Louie as Loopin' Chewie for release this year.

I might buy me a Loopin' Chewie.
  • It is a really good dexterity game, and they haven't produced Loopin' Louie for the US audience in years. I'd like to have some version of it in my collection.

I got so excited last summer when i found a $1 copy of Loopin' Louie on a clearance shelf at Toys R Us. Took it home and it was missing half the game. Oh well.
  • Cat Island Documentary.

I want to go there and stay in a cat house and be with all the kitties.
  • There are several cat islands around Japan. There's also a bunny island and a fox village.
  • Ruffas said:

There's also a bunny island and a fox village.

Sounds like either a horror movie or a Nintendo game.
  • Both options are equally appealing.
  • Animal Crossing is just a codename for an Island of Dr. Moreau game.