This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kickstarter

Comments

• Matt said:

Animal Crossing is just a codename for an Island of Dr. Moreau game.

Shut your mouth. Don't try to taint my precious game.
  • Rochelle said:

Shut your mouth. Don't try to taint my precious game.

The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing is the best Let's Play:

http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/
  • I'm not clicking that. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Isabelle is my waifu. You cannot taint her preciousness and innocence and her world.
  • edited May 2015
    The first Animal Crossing one was adorable.
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • Rochelle said:

I'm not clicking that. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Isabelle is my waifu. You cannot taint her preciousness and innocence and her world.

• I have so much hate right now.
  • edited May 2015
    What is a Kickstarter? Nothing but a miserable hole that sucks in money.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • And here I thought you'd be excited for this.
  • Dromaro said:

And here I thought you'd be excited for this.

Pretty sure he is. It just wouldn't be a SotN quote without the "miserable".
  • Yeah, we're talking about that KS on the show tonight.

for each {Rym,Scott}:
    do self.getExcited("New Metroidvania Game")
  • Why does it have to be someone's turn? If Dracula and his castle are back, they must be destroyed. if you have like 5 powerful heroes to fight him, wouldn't you all team up to make sure the job gets done ASAP?
  • Because copyright infringement.
  • edited May 2015
    There's got to be a trope for this.

Maybe this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HonorBeforeReason
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Apreche said:

Why does it have to be someone's turn? If Dracula and his castle are back, they must be destroyed. if you have like 5 powerful heroes to fight him, wouldn't you all team up to make sure the job gets done ASAP?

Not everyone can be as smart as this guy.

• Apreche said:

Why does it have to be someone's turn? If Dracula and his castle are back, they must be destroyed. if you have like 5 powerful heroes to fight him, wouldn't you all team up to make sure the job gets done ASAP?

Welllll actually. Dracula's castle appears only every 100 years or so, so the old heroes are probably dead or too old when next game comes.

Except Alucard, who does help in multiple games.

• Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Welllll actually. Dracula's castle appears only every 100 years or so, so the old heroes are probably dead or too old when next game comes.

Except Alucard, who does help in multiple games.

Except for some reason it seems to appear a lot more frequently because some random evil demon or something brough dracula back ahead of schedule.
  • I want Dracula Simulator.

It's Castle Defense. You have 100 years to build your shit out, and then Joe Belmont shows up and tries to fuck up your jam. Another 100 years of setup, and then Josef Joestar Belmont shows up.
  • Rym said:

I want Dracula Simulator.

It's Castle Defense. You have 100 years to build your shit out, and then Joe Belmont shows up and tries to fuck up your jam. Another 100 years of setup, and then Josef Joestar Belmont shows up.

I want a mod for that with a Metroid skin, Mother Brain simulator.

Another possibility. You build a level. It's just a level builder. You open your level/dungeon/donjon for business. Other real players who decide to play the other half of the game can pay the in-game currency (that isn't obtained from real world money) to pay admission. If they are really good, you might end up losing if they take more loot out of the dungeon than they paid to get in. You also might make a lot if they die.

You can then go to other people's dungeons yourself.

It's similar to Castle Doctrine, but actiony instead of puzzly.
  • Apreche said:

Rym said:

Another possibility. You build a level. It's just a level builder. You open your level/dungeon/donjon for business. Other real players who decide to play the other half of the game can pay the in-game currency (that isn't obtained from real world money) to pay admission. If they are really good, you might end up losing if they take more loot out of the dungeon than they paid to get in. You also might make a lot if they die.

I foresee every single person making levels impossible to complete.
  • Apreche said:

Rym said:

Castle Doctrine already solved this problem. You need to beat your own level as a blank naked character with nothing before it allows it to be entered into the system.
  • You also run item stores inside the dungeon, tempting players with microtransactions to pass through the dungeon. Players get infinite tries and only the run where they win, or their most expensive run, counts for money given to you. Thus, the optimal dungeon makes them buy a bunch of items to get through most of it... and then ragequit near the end once they've almost figured it out, thus eating their precious item golds.

And/also, the reward for beating a dungeon is formulated by an equation based on (number of traps/monsters) x (narrowness of physical space the player must maneuver through during the run). Spaces too small for a player to physically pass that persists during a 10-15 second validation pass with no time to get through cause the map to be invalidated.

You can build kazio mario, and the person who beats it will earn a million billion spacebucks.
  • Apreche said:

Rym said:

I foresee 99.99% of people making really shitty and unfun levels.

I've said it before, I believe that creating good levels and good level design is hard and I have lots of respect for that skill. Thus I wouldn't trust levels made by random Joe Jojoes to be much fun at all.

• Joe Joejoe Dumdum will play MY levels. I just want to make levels.

Let the masses play both sides of the game. ;^)
  • https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/186293494/outbreak-undead-2nd-edition-starter-kit

Test your Zombie Survival Plan with the Starter Kit for Outbreak: Undead’s
  • I really want to Kickstart Otaku no Video. However, they are only offering it on Blu-Ray. The lowest reward tier gets you digital stuff, but not Otaku no Video itself, which is the only thing I actually want. I will never buy a Blu-Ray disc or Blu-Ray player. Fail.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madoverlord/otaku-no-video-otaking-edition-subtitled-anime-blu
  • https://kickstarter.com/projects/adamnimoy/for-the-love-of-spock-a-documentary-film
    Leonard Nimoy's son is making a documentary about him and offering a stream once the film is ready to go.
  • edited June 2015
    Post edited by jabrams007 on