This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Jason's Spawn

Comments

• Lisa's been officially admitted. The nurse is saying this thing is going to happen either tonight or tomorrow morning, based on the doc's final call (as a c-section).

In closely related news, ATW9K is off for tonight. Will someone check to make sure Rym sees this thread?
  • In closely related news, ATW9K is off for tonight. Will someone check to make sure Rym sees this thread?
    Text sent.
  • P.S. Kev, Omar, and I are currently looking for a new host. Please send a resume to ro.rosaka@gmail.com.
    Read the wrong way, this makes you sound like parasites.
    And thus spawned some horrible, yet wonderful photoshop creation.

• Excellent nod to S01E25.
  • P.S. Kev, Omar, and I are currently looking for a new host. Please send a resume to ro.rosaka@gmail.com.
    Sent.
    We might have talked about this before, but does anyone else instinctively check for defensive positions, escape routes, and firing angles wherever you go?
    In all seriousness, yes.
  • We might have talked about this before, but does anyone else instinctively check for defensive positions, escape routes, and firing angles wherever you go?
    In all seriousness, yes.
    I look for the best place to defend a brigade of infantry from an attack. The front of the Hartford Convention Center is perfectly designed for an attack from right between the highway and the tavern.
  • Now they're saying they have Lisa's blood pressure under control and may not deliver. Lisa has to stay for a minimum 23 hours of observation (we're eight hours in), so who the fuck knows at this point. If her diastolic pops up above 100 again, they'll likely make the decision. I am probably going home in a little while to take care of the dogs and sleep for a few hours. Contractions keep on keepin' on, though, so... I have no fucking clue.
  • fun fun. Good luck Jason!
  • If it's any comfort, know that my wife was in the exact same boat. Admitted two weeks early with a diastolic well over 100. They decided to induce and gave her 36 hours worth of meds. Regardless of what they call it, anything except for pitosin is "pre-inducing" medication that serves to "ripen" the cervix, or as I call it, the exit wound. In the last six hours, the pitosin meds started and she went from 0 to 10cm all in that span. Labor lasted less than 10 pushes. She only threatened to rip the IV out and walk home once!
  • In the spirit of ATW9k, in what film has Dan Aykroyd cutting an umbilical cord with what? Name the film and what he cut the cord with. No Googling please.
  • If anyone tries to talk to you in the delivery room, just go "Shhhhh! I'm Spawncamping."
  • edited September 2011
    In the spirit of ATW9k, in what film has Dan Aykroyd cutting an umbilical cord with what? Name the film and what he cut the cord with. No Googling please.
    Coneheads. With his mouth. That was gross.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I hope all goes well for your wife, Jason! May you both hold your tiny action hero very soon. :)
  • I hope all goes well for your wife, Jason! May you both hold your tiny action hero very soon. :)
    That brought to mind a baby looking badass walking away from a vagina that is exploding.
  • In the spirit of ATW9k, in what film has Dan Aykroyd cutting an umbilical cord with what? Name the film and what he cut the cord with. No Googling please.
    Coneheads. With his mouth. That was gross.
    You are correct!
  • Is it baby yet?
  • Is babby formed yet?
  • Is babby formed yet?
    Yes, it's just inside a person. Looks like they're not going to make things come out tonight. I am home caring for dogs and getting six winks. They said 40 winks is too much. Lisa is still on an IV and being monitored. I will be back at the hospital at about 4 a.m.
  • When you get back, turn off all the lights in her room. When she asks why, tell her, "So he does not see his shadow and go back in."
  • Dude we need more updates! I woke up at 6 this morning due to my own offspring needing attention. Before sleeping I checked here to see if there was any updates.

We were in much the same situation.... an upside down baby, a C section booked, but then the contractions started frequently but without much discomfort a couple weeks early. We went in for a check, about a couple hours later were holding a baby.

Obviously the blood pressure thing complicates and delays things a bit... hang in there!
  • The Ro Care package will be sent today Jason!
  • edited September 2011
    I've got bacon in the works. Would you like some victory bacon?

EDIT: Or beer. I've got that too.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • So: Baby update.

The doctor finally came in (she made it in just under 20 hours... world class care) and after reviewing all the metrics of Lisa and baby's heartbeats and blood pressure and contraction rate/intensity, decided not to do the C-section today.

We are stuck in the hospital for another few hours of observation, but unless Lisa suddenly dilates or her blood pressure shoots up considerably (unlikely, considering they have her on heavy meds), we will be heading home sans newborn.

We're at 37 weeks and they want her to make it to 39 unless baby decides to come earlier by itself. She's still having contractions, but they are mild and could signal labor in two hours or two weeks.

We're kind of pissed. There went two perfectly good days spent penned in a tiny room with needles and bad mattresses and anxiety and (worst of all) yucky coffee. I was so looking forward to sharing baby pictures with you all.

Uhhhhh... meet you back here same time next week maybe?
  • Can we start talking about cervix dilation? that's my favorite pregnancy topic :-p (works in a lab focused on Fetal Toxicity which is also staffed mainly by women who are constantly pregnant.)

Good to hear things are stable at least Jason!
  • I'm holding to Jason stating he won't be recording the birth. I really don't understand how people would want to share that sort of thing. Yes, I understanding giving birth is a special thing. No, I don't want to see something popping out of your cooter.

I once viewed a friend giving birth to their baby girl, it was something. The amusing thing was she was still well groomed, landing strip and all.
  • I once viewed a friend giving birth to their baby girl, it was something. The amusing thing was she was still well groomed, landing strip and all.
  • I'm holding to Jason stating he won't be recording the birth.
    1) Who the fuck wants to see that? It's not pretty. It looks like that one scene from Alien.
    2) They don't allow video/camera equipment in there at this hospital.
    3) When do you watch that? Seriously. At what point in time do you pop some popcorn, sit down, push play, and enjoy sadistic images of a small being ripping its way out of another being?
  • Moving on... good luck with the baby, Jason. I hope everything works out perfectly.
  • 3) When do you watch that? Seriously. At what point in time do you pop some popcorn, sit down, push play, and enjoy sadistic images of a small being ripping its way out of another being?
    We watch Alien over and over again...
  • Finally found your doctor.

He seemed a bit out of sorts but also very adamant about the baby's name.