This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• Rayman Origins is coming to Steam. This game has gone from "looks fun but I'll probably never get around to it" to "I'll totally buy it for $5 on a Steam sale and never get around to it"
  • Capcom is now pissing directly into the faces of every Mega Man fan.
    It kind of looks a little like Frank West from dead rising dressed as mega man.
  • How do you know that there won't be any Friend Codes?
  • The article says it's a replacement of the friend code system?
    I think that's awesome. I love that he's even fat. It's like the old Mega Man cover art aged.
  • Oh shit. Didn't see the "direct replacement" part. Cool beans!
  • The OST for an alleged Persona 5, and it sounds nothing like the previous games. The characters even look like they might be - and I know this will shock you, this IS a JRPG after all - adults!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THESE FEELS.
    And every Street Fighter fan and Tekken. I was really excited about this game until I read this bull shit...

Now I'm expecting another MvC3 cluster fuck... FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, this bring up an interesting point. Why the fuck are fighting games being released with exclusive characters? I know Soul Caliber did it a while ago, but they cut that shit out. Should now we expect this to be the norm? How long until Chung Li is PS3 only and Blanka is a preorder only?

I'm fine with DLC for RPGs or other action game, but when I pay for a fighting game I expect all the content to be avaliable. I'm fine if someone wants to spend a few extra bucks to get a new costume, but I have issues with needing to spend extra money to get a full character roster.
  • Notice that this is only being done for fighting games that aren't seriously competitive. Yes, there people who play these games competitively, but they aren't the main events at the big tournaments.

Also, dat Mega Man ruined the whole thing for me.

Also, I am still pissed that they keep fucking this up. SNK, Marvel, Capcom, Namco, Nintendo, put all the characters together in one game. It's inevitable. Make one fighting game to rule them all on every console with a subscription payment system, and just keep adding characters forever.
  • For some reason, I really like the fight theme for P5. I'm really excited to see how this all turns out!
  • I like Bad Boxart Mega Man. I mean, they put Pac-Man in a mech! You couldn't get any more silly.
  • I like Bad Boxart Mega Man. I mean, they put Pac-Man in a mech! You couldn't get any more silly.
    I'm indifferent about Mega Man. I'd say he's the "Dan" character. And I don't have a PS3.

http://n4g.com/news/930570/yoshinori-ono-takes-us-to-street-fighter-x-tekken-school

This video gives me a little more hope for the game but not a lot. This isn't a hardcore fighter like I want it to be. That's ok. I think it'll still be enjoyable.

Lets hope Soul Caliber V kicks some serious ass.
  • edited January 2012
    I love the Soul Calibur games, so I'm looking forward to V. It's relatively casual friendly, while still being quite deep. It'll definitely have a competitive scene behind it, since it will officially have a presence at the next EVO.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Also, dat Mega Man ruined the whole thing for me.
    Capcom seriously overreached with this stuff. There's maybe 10,000 people on earth who 1. know why this is supposed to be funny 2. think it's funny. If you don't have a very deep understanding of the history of Mega Man OR you actually like Mega Man then this does either nothing or less than nothing for you.

For the record, I am one of the 10,000 people on earth who thinks that Mega Man is funny.
    Lets hope Soul Caliber V kicks some serious ass.
    The only serious ass SCV is going to be able to get close to is in their marketing. BA ZING!!

• I know why it's supposed to be funny. I understand the history of Mega Man. I fucking love Mega Man.

It's not funny. It's painful. Please give me MvC2 Mega Man, thanks.
  • It's not funny. It's painful. Please give me MvC2 Mega Man, thanks.
    Wouldn't fit the style of the game.

Also on the topic of fighting games, am I the only one waiting for the Skullgirls?

• edited January 2012
    I fucking love Mega Man.
    That's the problem right there.

This is for people who KNOW about Mega Man but don't CARE about Mega Man, which is why Capcom doing this is so bafflingly dumb (and thus, funny).
    Kuro and Toro, however, slide in seamlessly.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Wouldn't fit the style of the game.
    And Pac-Man. Don't forget Pac-Man.
  • I picked up my copy of SC5 today. Now I need to find a good fighting stick controller for the 360.
  • I fucking love Mega Man.
    That's the problem right there.
    I fucking love Mega Man, but I still liked the fat man mega man.

• edited January 2012
    And Pac-Man. Don't forget Pac-Man.
    He's at least human sized in his robot suite. Those Sony kitties seems like they're going to Yoda the whole game up (see SCIV).
    I picked up my copy of SC5 today. Now I need to find a good fighting stick controller for the 360.
    MadCatz Tournament Edition sticks are excellent. Get one FAST or wait for the next big fighting game title to come out (or pay like twice MSRP on eBay). If money is not object then there are a few custom stick manufacturers out there.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • New Twisted Metal soon..... can I get a hell yeah????
    Uh, no.
    I'm interested, but I'm waiting to get my hands on it and give it a play before I form too much of an opinion about it.

• Btw, why are they bothering to "dumb down" SF for Tekken players? I thought there was going to be both Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken x Street Fighter to midigate that sort of thing?
  • Btw, why are they bothering to "dumb down" SF for Tekken players? I thought there was going to be both Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken x Street Fighter to midigate that sort of thing?
    I wouldn't say SF is getting "dumb down". I hope it's not at least. I rather see Tekken get more detailed.They're trying to combine a 4 button system with a 6 button system. I have no idea how they'll combine the two without making the game play "hamfisted."
  • edited January 2012
    My point is, why try to combine the control schemes when they're making two different games? SFxT was supposed to be Tekken characters in a Street Fighter game, and TxSF should be Street Fighter characters in a Tekken game.
    Post edited by Sail on