This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

super write fight

edited October 2011 in Art!
Super art fight is cool and all but what about all of us that use the written word? So I propose some write fighting.

I'm going to post a series of objects, locations, people, and/or themes. Someone incorporates those into a story even in a small passing way. Then that person makes a list and someone has to write a story with their list that also has something to do with the first story.

1-lawnmower
2-Batman
3-a ripped t shirt
4-a fish tank/bowl with no fish
5-a novel written by Ernest Hemingway
6-cake
7-a time period before the apocalypse(any kind)

Comments

• Needs more Wheel of Death.
  • Oh wow. Your art is the written word and you have the worst use of capitals and punctuation on the forum? Good luck with your first opponent!
  • He's only missing one period, and I don't see any caps mistakes.
  • He could captalize the first letter after each number in the list.
  • He's consistent (Batman being a proper noun) so I didn't count it.
  • Cake could be a proper noun...
  • Cake could be a proper noun...
  • I didn't get past the thread title and the first line of the post.
  • Let's just give him benefit of the doubt and assume he meant the food.
  • edited October 2011
    Super art fight is cool and all but what about all of us who's art is the written word?
    but what about all of us who's art is the written word?
    all of us who's art
    who's
    who's
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • Obviously he meant "all of us, who are art", but felt "are art" didn't scan.
  • FUUU-
    by a1s

One day, as I was watching the Lawnmower movies on VHS, I discovered that I had taped over the movie (With Batman TAS, which admittedly is a better show, but still...) The realization caused me to Hulk-out, rip my T-shirt apart, break into the CIA "fishbowl" (moved to the Royal Williams Arms building, in an effort to increase privatization of the department) and reprogrammed their nuclear self destruct device. But you know what takes the cake? When I came to, I saw a blinking screen reading:
    Time until Nuclear Holocaust : 0 minutes and 42 seconds
    To abort please enter password (1 try left): _
    (press Esc for password hint)

And press Esc I did. The hint was "Ze Korrekt spilink of 'yawr'". "Your" I ventured a guess.
    Account locked - the computer cheerily informed me - Administrator has been notified of this event.
    "Oh well", I thought, "I guess it's... Farewell to Arms." (YEEE--BOOM)
  • One day Batman was cutting his lawn. He was using his bat-ride-on-lawnmower. When he was done he went into the house. Spiderman was there and said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BATMAN!!!" He then lit the candles on the birthday cake and sang happy birthday. "Batman, I gots yous a gift! Here it is!" Spiderman came down from the celling and gave Batman his gift.

"Gee thanks Spiderman!" exclaimed Batman as he tore open his gift, "Wow, A Moveable Feast! This is awesome!"

"Wait there is more!!!" cried Spiderman, swinging around the kitchen. "HEEEEEYYYY YOOOOOUUUU GUUUUYYYYSSSS!!!!"

All of a sudden people started climbing out of the cabnets, closets and all kinds of hiding spots!

"Batman we are having a suprise party for yous!!!!" said Aqua Man, thrusting an empty fish bowl into Batman's hands. "I gots you a ghost fish!!!"

Then, the door slammed open. A hush fell over the party as everyone saw it was the Joker. "Having a party without me???" he said, "Well here is your present!!!" The Joker threw down Jason Todd's ripped and bloody Robin shirt.

Batman opened his eyes.. "Wow what a strange dream. It is not even my birthday. Batman looked around and saw he must have fallen asleep while defusing the atomic bomb. "Man, I gotta stop drinking so much, and maybe only take one handful of xanax before going out on patrol..." He glanced over at the bomb's clock. It read 00:03. "Awww fuck!"
  • I guess it's my turn.

1.Dwarf
    2.Dwarf
    3.Dwarf
    4.Dwarf
    5.Dwarf
    6.Dwarf
    7.Dwarf

So... 7 distinct dorfs in my story, if you please. Go!
  • So... 7 distinct dorfs in my story, if you please. Go!
  • Urist McSketchbook cancels Tell Story : Inspired to play Dwarf Fortress
  • So... 7 distinct dorfs in my story, if you please. Go!
    Thank you, CO cpt. Obvious.