This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• I'm waiting to see if there are better flight prices out there. Usually the best prices end up being 1-2 months out.
  • I'm planning to be at both PAX and AB. God help me.
  • I'm torn between cramming into a tiny room with the whole anime club for AB, or taking the T over for PAX each day.
  • I booked a room at the Westin as soon as I saw this blowing up on Twitter. Only had options for Friday-Sunday, so I went to the actual Westin site and booked a Thursday room as well for a significant markup, but hopefully MTV will be picking up my travel expenses again this year. If not, fuck it, it's PAX and I'll pay.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm planning to be at both PAX and AB. God help me.
    Speaking of AB anyone know if they are doing a van between both locations?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Speaking of AB anyone know if they are doing a van between both locations?
    I believe they're doing a free shuttle between the two.
  • Buy new laptop or spontaneously go to PAX east?
    Both.
    Ooh, tempting. If the laptop costs more than $2000 the exchange rate difference would make the trip and PAX effectively free...
  • Buy new laptop or spontaneously go to PAX east?
    Both.
    Ooh, tempting. If the laptop costs more than $2000 the exchange rate difference would make the trip and PAX effectively free...
    Sounds like someone is now getting a shiny $2,000 laptop!
  • Ooh, tempting. If the laptop costs more than $2000 the exchange rate difference would make the trip and PAX effectively free...
    Are you going to buy a Mac? I can show you where the Boston Apple store is.
  • Speaking of AB anyone know if they are doing a van between both locations?
    I believe they're doing a free shuttle between the two.
    Somehow I have already started thinking of this as the nerd bird.
  • Not the con cab?
  • Protip: If you book the hotel on the website you can only do it from Friday to Sunday however if you call AFTER booking they can include Thursday and Monday at the discounted rate. For someone arriving late on Thursday this is win.
  • Protip: If you book the hotel on the website you can only do it from Friday to Sunday however if you call AFTER booking they can include Thursday and Monday at the discounted rate. For someone arriving late on Thursday this is win.
    I was able to book Thursday on the web site at the con price.
  • Friends and I are staying at the Seaport Boston Hotel‏. Anybody have negative or positive experiences with that particular hotel?
  • Friends and I are staying at the Seaport Boston Hotel‏. Anybody have negative or positive experiences with that particular hotel?
    Seaport is a good hotel that is where I managed to meet Adam Sessler from X play, it is a little jaunt to the con but doable by foot.
  • Time for the DoubleTree again. It feels good to get this stuff out of the way early.
    It's close to Whiskey Priest, Harpoon Brewery, and Legal Test Kitchen. Go to those places.
  • Seaport is a good hotel that is where I managed to meet Adam Sessler from X play, it is a little jaunt to the con but doable by foot.
    Groovy.
    It's close to Whiskey Priest, Harpoon Brewery, and Legal Test Kitchen. Go to those places.
    Thanks, will do.
  • Whiskey Priest
    Go here all the time.

Though the Atlantic Beer Garden has goddamn tasty wings.
  • edited October 2011
    Go here all the time.
    Ayup. I loved that lamb stew or whatever.

I will still try to trek to the Trader Joe's on Thursday to stock up on cookies and snacks and go to the greek place again. I think I'm going to make a ritual of it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Go here all the time.
    That Sunday brunch was the business. And maybe get an Irish coffee when you're there, it's good for a chuckle.
  • Go here all the time.
    That Sunday brunch was the business. And maybe get an Irish coffee when you're there, it's good for a chuckle.
    I swear I took a picture of that but I can't find it. :(
  • and go to the greek place again.
    Steves is pretty awesome. Check out the place right next to it, Men Tei, if you have the time. Pretty fucking amazing ramen, if you like that kind of thing.
  • Steves is pretty awesome. Check out the place right next to it, Men Tei, if you have the time. Pretty fucking amazing ramen, if you like that kind of thing.
    I remember seeing that but I was full of delicious Greek food.
    I swear I took a picture of that but I can't find it. :(
    Here are the pics of the lamb stew I had and the burgers they had. I believe that was ScoJo's burger.

• I have the whiskey list:
    Click for full size.
  • I swear I took a picture of that but I can't find it. :(
    Somebody did, it was on the Beluga pod.
  • believe that was ScoJo's burger.
    That jalapeno burger was hella good. My biggest problem with the new site is how far away it is from all the good food and there is SOOO much good food in Boston.
  • From the Beluga:

I'm going to have to check this place out.
  • believe that was ScoJo's burger.
    That jalapeno burger was hella good. My biggest problem with the new site is how far away it is from all the good food and there is SOOO much good food in Boston.
    We should all get together on Sunday or something and take a trip to the secret breakfast place. Since I'm not going to AB, I'm not going to be right there for breakfast any time soon.
  • I swear I took a picture of that but I can't find it. :(
    That was me.