This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• Hopefully I can make it to PAX, still waiting on the long term schedule at work.

The sad fact regarding panels is that some people are awesome at their job and terrible at making it seem interesting or at presenting their ideas in an enjoyable way. I've seen some terrible panels (Sex and Games in 09 comes immediately to mind). Hopefully the quality is increasing every year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
  • Speaking of panels I was wondering how does one apply to present at PAX? I assume it is a little more difficult then apply for a panel and give an outline on what you are talking about. Any input?
  • Speaking of panels I was wondering how does one apply to present at PAX? I assume it is a little more difficult then apply for a panel and give an outline on what you are talking about. Any input?
    There's a simple application form on the PAX web site. Tips on getting accepted? Be a professional. Not just act professional, actually be an actual industry professional. If you look at the panel schedule of previous PAXes there are extremely few panels that aren't full of journalists or people from game companies. Some of the panels are also bought and paid for with cash. At the previous PAX East the IGDA actually bought an entire room just for themselves.
    There's a simple application form on the PAX web site. Tips on getting accepted? Be a professional. Not just act professional, actually be an actual industry professional. If you look at the panel schedule of previous PAXes there are extremely few panels that aren't full of journalists or people from game companies. Some of the panels are also bought and paid for with cash. At the previous PAX East the IGDA actually bought an entire room just for themselves.
    Or already be pretty famous.
  • Hey thought I would ask, maybe be better off trying for anime boston's panels instead.
  • Hey thought I would ask, maybe be better off trying for anime boston's panels instead.
    Try for PAX anyway. It doesn't cost anything to try. Just don't put hopes too high. Also, make your resume/application appear as if you are much more professional than you are without actually lying.
    Try both. What do you have to lose?
  • edited November 2011
    Also be warned, at Prime we had some issues with counterfeit badges being sold to unsuspecting attendees. Since we sell out of badges each year, when counterfeit badges get out there we run into over-capacity issues. Sure, this results in a more crowded show with longer lines etc, but our big concern is that it ends up creating a very real safety hazard. So be warned: If you buy a badge from someone that ISN'T us, you run the risk of getting stuck with a counterfeit badge which will not get you into the show. We need to take a hard line stance on this this year and are ramping up anti-counterfeiting measures, so as much as it pains us, if you buy a fake badge, we won't be able to help you. So use your head, be careful, and know the risks before buying from third parties!

See you soon!
    So looks like if you have a fake badge, you're SOL.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The MacRosses just registered, and we are looking forward to our first PAX experience. ^_^
  • The MacRosses just registered, and we are looking forward to our first PAX experience. ^_^
    *high five*
    AWWWW YEAH!
  • This is very exciting.
  • I'm really close to buying a couple of badges just in case by some fluke or serendipity I find myself in Boston in April.
  • Ooh, speaking of badges, I just realised that I have some new stuff that should be coming out before christmas, and if not then, before PAX, certainly. Some of you might want to pick up a few for the convention, they'll be highly sought after, I suspect.
  • Ooh, speaking of badges, I just realised that I have some new stuff that should be coming out before christmas, and if not then, before PAX, certainly. Some of you might want to pick up a few for the convention, they'll be highly sought after, I suspect.
    What do you speak of?
    What do you speak of?
    George my friend, the time has come, To talk of many things: Of shoes, and ships, and sealing-wax, Of cabbages, and kings, And why the sea is boiling hot, And whether pigs have wings.

• Previous PAX Enforcers that still have access to the forums, roll call is up for PAX East. Go there to notify if you intend on dawning the Red next year.
  • Sir, DRADIS contact bearing 255K30! I'm reading colonial transponders...

It's the PAX East Roll Call Thread, sir, and they're on CBDR for Boston!
  • Sweet, got my badge ordered.
  • signed up, I'm hoping to work table top in the morning
  • edited December 2011
    This is very exciting.
    A portion of my desire to go to PAX East is that fellow FRCers say that you and I have to meet. ^_~

Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • This is very exciting.
    A portion of my desire to go to PAX East is that fellow FRCers say that you and I have yo meet. ^_~

All of our people are awesome. When there are awesome people in our blob that are connected there is awesome potential that has yet to be unleashed.

• This is very exciting.
    A portion of my desire to go to PAX East is that fellow FRCers say that you and I have yo meet. ^_~

All of our people are awesome. When there are awesome people in our blob that are connected there is awesome potential that has yet to be unleashed.

I believe the awesome is improved by some logarithmic value.
  • edited December 2011
    Panel submissions just went up for those interested.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Submitted Monster Hunter 101: Here There Be Dragons. I am sure it will be rapidly forgotten in the haze of paid professionals.
  • Well, time to throw myself helplessly at the wall!
  • This is very exciting.
    A portion of my desire to go to PAX East is that fellow FRCers say that you and I have to meet. ^_~
    Indeed. I'm always excited to meet more FRC. My excitement was doubled when it was announced that the both of you will attend. :D

Now, I will have some expectations to live up to! =P
  • PAX East 3-day registrations are sold out.

I'm too lazy to link to the actual tweet.
  • Glad I got mine, sucks if you don't!
  • I'm fine for PAX badges, but I foresee multiple friends of mine being a little bit confused when I tell them that it's already sold out.