This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX East 2012: End of the World edition

Comments

• 3 day passes are sold out. If people still want to go for all 3 days they game to buy individual day passes.
  • I told you to buy them the day they went on sale. If you didn't, the fail is on you yet again.
  • Easy guys, just become an enforcer if you want a badge.. but do the work bitches.
  • Why do you say that?
  • edited January 2012
    About how much time does one spend Enforcing over the weekend? There's a decent chance I might do it, to defray other costs.

Relatedly, do any forumites have room spaces left? I was going to find friends to impose on, but none of them live near the T anymore.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • About how much time does one spend Enforcing over the weekend? There's a decent chance I might do it, to defray other costs.

Relatedly, do any forumites have room spaces left? I was going to find friends to impose on, but none of them live near the T anymore.
    I might have a space open for you again.
  • edited January 2012
    About how much time does one spend Enforcing over the weekend?
    How much time is required? Or how much time do people usually spend enforcing? For the former, 6 hours per day (one shift). For the latter, BLACK SHIFT ALL OF PAX.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited January 2012
    As someone who has a required amount of community service in order to graduate High School, I am more than glad to give my time to PAX. Difficulty is they won't let me.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Because they asked me to come back, which means they're even more desperate for bodies than they were the year before.
  • They are indeed desperate for bodies. Not all of the hardcore west coast enforcers can make it to East. Also, quite a few enforcers I know personally want to take a break and enjoy the con, which means there are others as well that I don't know personally who feel the same. I told Heels that if he didn't accept any of our panels, I would Enforce to get a badge. Now I'm worried he'll reject on purpose because he needs me to Enforce more than he needs me to panel.
  • Enforcing break FTW! I am so excited for PAX East this year. So far it looks like Jeremy can get time off so he should be attending.
  • Just put my time off request in. The only thing I have left to get is my airfare, and I'm trying to decide whether to fly out of Charleston or Charlotte this time.
  • Most likely going to be signing up for Enforcer duty next year. Too much planned for this year already, but with one more PAX under my belt, I'm gonna be ready to take a break from the usual routine and pitch in behind the scenes.
  • I knew they were going to start having enforcer problems after I watched how things went down last year. Way too much emphasis on the west coast team after two years. For them to be successful with volunteers in the long term they are going to need to identify and promote their east coast counter parts as quick as possible.
  • It's also Easter. I'm sure that randomizes the roster again.
  • edited January 2012
    Also Passover, I believe?

EDIT: [E]lohim. (?להִים[E] .אני לא יודע עברית)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • PAXover EASTer? Seems appropriate.
  • I knew they were going to start having enforcer problems after I watched how things went down last year. Way too much emphasis on the west coast team after two years. For them to be successful with volunteers in the long term they are going to need to identify and promote their east coast counter parts as quick as possible.
    You are a 100% correct, they should have had the form to fill out WAY before they sold out of badges. Now most of the people who will apply are just those who are going to do it since they did not get a badge in time, i.e. the not hard workers.
    To be honest; I saw none of the Eastforcers step up their game and do awesome. Granted, I was stuck in a little box for most all of East, but that was the consensus among most of the enforcer management as well.
  • I don't know about the rest of PAX, but console and classic console were doing pretty well. Granted, we have a lot of west coast enforcers there. And Kenneth.
  • edited January 2012
    To be Honest, I found that the west Coast enforcers tended to do what was easiest and trust the west coast enforcers they knew. There was not a great opp to ever stand out or do anything that was needed because you were not able to get the chance. Of course they are not going to stand out if you give all the assignments you need someone to complete to the people you know, I.E. the West Coasters. I'm pretty confident, that the problem will work itself out over time, however, I'm a bit concerned about this coming year, since the show sold out so fast, your going to get people more interested in just getting into PAX instead of helping out.

Post edited by Cremlian on
  • And Kenneth.
  • Submitted an Enforcer application to PAX East. This could be awesome.
  • I wanted to enforce in 12m but AB is going on too. I'll be at PAX Sat and some Sun.
  • Are there any silly downsides to buying the three one days passes other than the extra $30...like will I have to stand in line to pick up a new pass each day etc etc?
  • No, as long as you have them preordered by a certain date your badges will be mailed to you.

PAX does not believe in badge lines. Only lines for everything else unfortunately. But they have the best line entertainment from what I understand.
  • No, as long as you have them preordered by a certain date your badges will be mailed to you.

PAX does not believe in badge lines. Only lines for everything else unfortunately. But they have the best line entertainment from what I understand.
    There are also fewer and fewer lines for major things. Keynote, Q&A, Concerts, Omegathon Finale, playing popular games in the Expo Hall, a small number of Panels: everything else is pretty wait-free.