This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston 2012

Comments

• Well, I can try to do my best to give you a time based on estimated availability. For example, Scrym have stated on their podcast multiple times that they like the restaurants near the Hynes far more than the ones near the BCEC. As a result, I tried to schedule their panels around dinner time so that they can do their panels right before or right after eating.
  • Well, I can try to do my best to give you a time based on estimated availability. For example, Scrym have stated on their podcast multiple times that they like the restaurants near the Hynes far more than the ones near the BCEC. As a result, I tried to schedule their panels around dinner time so that they can do their panels right before or right after eating.
    It's much appreciated.

Also, our PAX schedule is shaping up, and I think we'll be able to avoid conflicts pretty well. If we end up doing fewer panels than usual at AB this year, it's fine if we don't get the "Perferred Panelist" bonus doll hairs. We love you guys independent of the perks. ^_~

How nice! That's very thoughtful!
  • Scrym have stated on their podcast multiple times that they like the restaurants near the Hynes far more than the ones near the BCEC.
    I think everyone likes the restaurants in that area.
  • Scrym have stated on their podcast multiple times that they like the restaurants near the Hynes far more than the ones near the BCEC.
    I think everyone likes the restaurants in that area.
    Some of the best waffles and burgers are near there.

• The Trident Cafe was the shit, however I think I know of the secret spot Scrym talks about so much and should investigate if that is the correct locale.
  • Also, our PAX schedule is shaping up, and I think we'll be able to avoid conflicts pretty well. If we end up doing fewer panels than usual at AB this year, it's fine if we don't get the "Perferred Panelist" bonus doll hairs. We love you guys independent of the perks. ^_~

Well, I've got the budget to give it to you this year, and the way things are shaping up, it looks like I may even still have some left over after I give preferred status to the usual suspects (you guys, the AWO folks, and Mike Toole).
  • Also, our PAX schedule is shaping up, and I think we'll be able to avoid conflicts pretty well. If we end up doing fewer panels than usual at AB this year, it's fine if we don't get the "Perferred Panelist" bonus doll hairs. We love you guys independent of the perks. ^_~

Well, I've got the budget to give it to you this year, and the way things are shaping up, it looks like I may even still have some left over after I give preferred status to the usual suspects (you guys, the AWO folks, and Mike Toole).
    Instead of writing us a check, pay for the taxi to get us back and forth to/from PAX.

Actually I'm somewhat seriously asking for that.
  • The Trident Cafe was the shit, however I think I know of the secret spot Scrym talks about so much and should investigate if that is the correct locale.
    You may be right. A few other people have learned the gnosis.

Instead of writing us a check, pay for the taxi to get us back and forth to/from PAX.

Actually I'm somewhat seriously asking for that.
    Hmm, actually, that may work out nicely... :) If you're actually interested, I can talk to the various folks who give me my budget and see if that can be worked out.

• Hmm, actually, that may work out nicely... :) If you're actually interested, I can talk to the various folks who give me my budget and see if that can be worked out.
    Dude, if that happens, we'll prominently list our AB panel(s) on the PAX postcard we give out listing notable events to attend at the con.

• Hmm, actually, that may work out nicely... :) If you're actually interested, I can talk to the various folks who give me my budget and see if that can be worked out.
    Dude, if that happens, we'll prominently list our AB panel(s) on the PAX postcard we give out listing notable events to attend at the con.
    Awesome... I'll email the powers that be ASAP then.
  • Lou, any hunch on when the panels schedule will be posted online? And will there be a mobile app again?
  • We're hoping to get the full programming schedule, including panels, up by the beginning of next week. The schedule should be frozen, barring emergency changes, by the end of this week -- so figure a couple days after the freezing to get stuff online.

Oh, and yes, the Guidebook app (renamed version of Conventionist) will have the schedule as well.
  • We're hoping to get the full programming schedule, including panels, up by the beginning of next week.
    Thanks! I'll do some online promoting once it's up.

• edited March 2012
    I'm so glad you guys have Guidebook. I miss it when other cons don't have it.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Panel schedule is 80-90% done. Going to finish tonight and send out all the updates in one big batch after proofreading.
  • The schedule is online, yay! Also just found it on guidebook.

I'm finishing up slides for our panel on the films of Minoru Kawasaki. Anyone interested in murderous marsupials should really consider attending.

Also, I'm taking plenty of vitamin C. I've been trying to get past a head cold for the past week, and don't want to be Patient Zero for 2012 PAX Pox.
  • So, we have some people lined up if need be, but I have an odd request!

Our "How to Run a Panel Panel" had a scheduling issue at the last minute. Rather than bail, we're actually planning on sending a representative to play a video of said panel we're recording tomorrow here in New York.

We need someone who already has an AB badge who would be willing to yuk it up for the crowd, introduce the "telepresence panel," possibly mock us while it plays in front of the audience, and close the thing out.

Anyone interested? We'll make it worth your while. ;^)
  • Yo. I'm up for it.
  • So, we have some people lined up if need be, but I have an odd request!

Our "How to Run a Panel Panel" had a scheduling issue at the last minute. Rather than bail, we're actually planning on sending a representative to play a video of said panel we're recording tomorrow here in New York.

We need someone who already has an AB badge who would be willing to yuk it up for the crowd, introduce the "telepresence panel," possibly mock us while it plays in front of the audience, and close the thing out.

Anyone interested? We'll make it worth your while. ;^)
    What time?

• Panel Name: The How to Run a Panel Panel
    Day: FRIDAY
    Time: 04:30:00 PM
    Length in minutes: 55
    Room: Panel 309
  • Karl and I were talking about cosplaying you and Scott...
  • Panel Name: The How to Run a Panel Panel
    Day: FRIDAY
    Time: 04:30:00 PM
    Length in minutes: 55
    Room: Panel 309
    I can help out as well.
  • Sadly I will not be over at AB at that time, however it appears my panel is going to be opposite yours on Saturday...
    I wouldn't stop laughing for hours! HAHA!
    I am very pro-this.
  • You guys might have to wait until ConnectiCon...
  • Looks like there may be a number of empty panel slots on the AB schedule this year. People keep cancelling...
  • Looks like there may be a number of empty panel slots on the AB schedule this year. People keep cancelling...
    Any FRC types want to help Lou out? Last-minute panels was one of the things that forced Scott and I to get good in a hurry, after all. ^_~