This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Batman: Brave and the Bold

edited October 2011 in Everything Else
If you haven't been watching this, why the fuck not!?

For those of you have, what do you think?

I got way into this show later. At first I was apprehensive, but then I realized it was love for the silver age and all it's flaws and fun. It was energetic, bright and while I love darker B:TAS Batman, this was "just as true to the roots of the character as the tortured soul crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batmite, Ambush Bug and many other obscure villains I love was in it! The last episode was a 4th wall breaking piece of Paul Dini genius!

Comments

• I'm still watching B:TAS project that is slowly closing to it's end and I was thinking about watching Brave and the Bold after that. But I wasn't able to not take a little peek at it and I've watched some episodes of it and I've liked it. It's not B:TAS surely, but those are so vastly different series that I don't even feel good about comparing them. Using an analogy I would say that B:TAS is an delicious filling beef while Brave and the Bold is good tasty candy.

Also I love the Music Maestro episode. Everything needs more musicals.
  • My sister and I love this show.
  • I really enjoyed it and the last episode summed up my feelings about the show nicely. It's very different than B:TAS, but that's fine, because it's a different Batman.
  • edited October 2011
    Aquaman is the best character.

OUTRAGEOUS!

EDIT: Gentleman Ghost is my second favourite.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I don't like that they made Aquaman cool, he's supposed to suck. But instead he's Bender and great fun. Gentleman Ghost is cool too.
  • edited October 2011
    I don't like that they made Aquaman cool, he's supposed to suck. But instead he's Bender and great fun. Gentleman Ghost is cool too.
    It does make sense to be that strong from hanging out on the ocean floor. Pressure and all.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited October 2011
    It does make sense to be that strong from hanging out on the ocean floor. Pressure and all.
    Plus, he gets a lot of traveling done - fuck covering just one city, or sharing New York with half the other heroes on the planet, this dude's patch is 70% of the planet!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It does make sense to be that strong from hanging out on the ocean floor. Pressure and all.
    While that does make as much sense as any other comic book tomfoolery, it's not the point! I grew up with Aquaman being absolutely useless and a sucky character to boot and they went and changed that. Just feels...wrong liking an Aquaman.
  • I don't like that they made Aquaman cool, he's supposed to suck. But instead he's Bender and great fun. Gentleman Ghost is cool too.
    He can't suck. Oh my god. He's my favorite. Aquaman's been cool. for a while.
  • Aquaman is the best character.
  • Aquaman didn't get cool until the 90's when he got all gritty and lost a hand, Aquaman in Brave and the Bold is old school Aquaman, but is also a water-bender and is super over-dramatic, and that is why he is completely awesome.
  • Two things I love about this show: 1. They went with the C.C. Beck style Captain Marvel characters. 2. While it can have a bit of Silver-Age silliness, there are some heavier episodes to balance out things (Chill of the Night and The Siege of Starro Part Two).
  • edited October 2011
    Aquaman didn't get cool until the 90's when he got all gritty and lost a hand, Aquaman in Brave and the Bold is old school Aquaman, but is also a water-bender and is super over-dramatic, and that is why he is completely awesome.
    Incorrect. I have some 70's Aquaman where he just like, loses his shit.
    he also bended water
    Post edited by colbyblogger on
  • Aquaman didn't get cool until the 90's when he got all gritty and lost a hand, Aquaman in Brave and the Bold is old school Aquaman, but is also a water-bender and is super over-dramatic, and that is why he is completely awesome.
    Plus, John Dimaggio.