This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemans and WoW

edited October 2011 in Everything Else
Now that I have your attention, let me say I couldn't find a more appropriate place to put this.

It's not literally Pokemon in WoW but it's scarily close. Check the video below.

lXC68u80qMQ

Comments

• So instead of making a separate Pokemon MMO, just put it inside of WoW. Genius business move by them. Why bother setting up all new servers all new everything when you can just piggy-back it on the existing codebase and infrastructure? Thing is, I highly doubt you will be able to play with the pets in a free trial.
  • And then Nintendo makes Pokedota and takes over the world.
  • I highly doubt you will be able to play with the pets in a free trial.
    That is implied. Trial accounts are level limited which means they are area limited. If all pokemans are found all over the world, trials will not be able to get them all.
  • I highly doubt you will be able to play with the pets in a free trial.
    That is implied. Trial accounts are level limited which means they are area limited. If all pokemans are found all over the world, trials will not be able to get them all.
    So you can't just play the Pokemans part without also playing the WoW part?
  • So instead of making a separate Pokemon MMO, just put it inside of WoW. Genius business move by them. Why bother setting up all new servers all new everything when you can just piggy-back it on the existing codebase and infrastructure? Thing is, I highly doubt you will be able to play with the pets in a free trial.
    can someone tell me again why there isn't a pokemon mmo, but wow still exists?
  • So you can't just play the Pokemans part without also playing the WoW part?
    Oh no, you'll be able to. You'll just have a super nerfed selection.

can someone tell me again why there isn't a pokemon mmo, but wow still exists?

Because Japan doesn't really dig MMO's and, correct me if I'm wrong, I think Nintendo is a Japanese company.
  • Oh no, you'll be able to. You'll just have a super nerfed selection.
    You have to level up the trainer to level up the Pokemans.

We should make a game where you are a king who rules a kingdom. You have to level up yourself you level up your kingdom to level up your soldiers who level up their pets, and then you can battle with the pet army.

Actually, a large group of Pokemon trainers battling in a Pokewar is not so bad an idea.
  • I'm sure Blizz will do an exceptional job at this, maybe even do it better than nintendo. But I think the fact remains that Azeroth is stale and it doesn't really matter what WoW does.
  • edited October 2011
    I would probably play WoW again, at least for a little while, if they had actually acquired the rights to real Pokemon.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Wow, im sure this will catch nintendo's attention, and they wont be able to do anything about it. A success from this could prompt gamefreak to perhaps consider such open world options in future pokemon franchises, something which ive had a raging boner for since i started pokemon yellow.
  • Pokemon and WoW are both games built around grinding. Seems like a good match to me.

I'm kind of tempted to resub when Panda-monia drops just so I can train up my old Enchanted Broom pet to be the best there ever was.
  • I'm resubbing, just because I have a lot of free time to kill (and a lot of pets to potentially use).
  • I'll just say I had almost 125 pets. I don't plan on playing WoW again.
  • Get Diablo 3 Free with a year of WoW

Did anyone see this promotion? So basically we're paying $60 for Diablo 3 plus $70 for a year of WoW.
  • Actually, a large group of Pokemon trainers battling in a Pokewar is not so bad an idea.
    600,000 Geodudes. Can't lose.
  • Five years too late to matter for me. I always skipped/ignored the random pets mechanic when possible, and this would have potentially had me interested then, but not now.