This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

the Enter Your Initials podcast

edited October 2011 in Video Games
Me and occasional Geek Nights guest Conrad are now on a weekly podcast called Enter Your Initials. It's generally about video games, but we also delve into other geeky things (Dr. Who, cell phones, comics, etc.)

I figured I would mention it here since people here might be interesting in listening to it, and also figured you all would be able to provide good feedback.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Y O U R M O M
    I have a long name, like my dick. What about it? Anyways, time to look at this thing.

EDIT: iTunes, something actually useful please.

PENTA-EDIT: m4a, seriously.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited October 2011
    I have a long name, like my dick.
    Your dick has a long name?

Post edited by Apsup on
  • edited October 2011
    Alright, count me in. I'll probably listen and provide a more detailed opinion either later today or tomorrow depending.
    Yes, but much of it is titles and honors. Most of us just call it by it's first name.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I have a long name, like my dick.
    Yes, but much of it is titles and honors. Most of us just call it by it's first name.
    His Honourable Royal Sir Dick-a-lot von Dickenstein?
  • edited October 2011
    His Honourable Royal Sir Dick-a-lot von Dickenstein?
    You forgot the MD, Esq and General(Ret.) And it's RIGHT honorable, I'll have you know.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I just listened the first episode. Seems good enough for me to keep listening more. Even though I'm a huge video game geek I don't have that many video game themed podcasts to listen to, so this fits to fill that hole quite well.
  • Can I listen to it without iTunes?
    Yes, it seems you can download it off the website.
    PENTA-EDIT: m4a, seriously.
    There's... other problems with that.
  • I'll see if we can get MP3 versions on the site, but I would imagine that VLC should be able to play m4a.
  • It's fine, Kiey, Nine is just bitching for the sake of bitching. Any good media player should get the codecs needed for you when you try and load the file. It plays just fine in mplayer and Totem.
  • Some mp3 players can't handle the Apple codec, I would imagine that's more the issue. A program like Audacity or Freemake Video Converter should be able to get you usable files though. I can link if people need them.
  • I'll see if we can get MP3 versions on the site, but I would imagine that VLC should be able to play m4a.
    Expecting people to install a video player to listen to your podcast is ridiculous. My problem is that there's no significant benefit to use m4a over simple mp3 when the latter is better supported across platforms.
    It's fine, Kiey, Nine is just bitching for the sake of bitching. Any good media player should get the codecs needed for you when you try and load the file. It plays just fine in mplayer and Totem.
    You do realize that the number of people listening to podcasts on their computers is significantly less than the number of people listening to podcasts on a portable music player, not all of which support iTunes or m4a. Great short-sightedness there What'syourface.
  • Being a bit harsh there Air Co., I was merely suggesting that until I have a chance to talk to the host of the show, (who is also the guy who does the editing,) about releasing the show in MP3 instead of m4a, that VLC would be a temporary solution.

I am aware that not everyone has something that can play an m4a file, and was actually surprised when it was brought up here that it wasn't an MP3. As such I intend to bring this up with him forthwith.