This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Actually listenable Christmas Music

Comments

• Lucia Popp - A Czech Christmas
    There are two other parts on Youtube. Do give them a listen - her voice is incredible.

Vienna Teng - Atheist's Christmas Carol

Various Christmas things by Loreena McKennitt

Andrea Bocelli's Sacred Arias is one of my family's favorite holiday albums.

• edited November 2011
    Classic rock station plays this every year.
    Reminds me of the 6 to 8 black men.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Have yoself a Compton Little Christmas...Muthafuckas.

• From my favorite holiday album :P
  • The classic (and ultimate) Trans Siberian Orchestra. Yes, it was mentioned previously, but it deserves to be mentioned again. Also, this video is great.

Manheim Steamroller's rendition of "Pat a Pan" (video below) is spot on. Their "Good King Wenceslas" is synth-tastic, but it was and is one of my favorites.

Barenaked for the Holdiays is a fun Album.

Louis Armstrong's "Zat You Santa Claus" always makes me smile.

Benjamin Britten's "A Ceremony of Carols, Op. 28" contains some of my favorite choral Christmas music (for me it even bests Handel's "Messiah.") The videos available for the music are a bit week, but this is a recording of my favorite piece from collection, "This Little Babe."

Pearl Bailey's "Five Pound Box of Money."

The music from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is incredible.

The Klezmonaut's "Oy to the World!" album is really fun. I couldn't find any decent recordings, but I have the CD and it is perfect for Chrismukkah.

• Don't judge me!

Don't judge me!

• Year without a Santa Claus song
    Heat and Snow Meisers are step brothers. This means they have different fathers. Think about it...
  • Year without a Santa Claus song
    Heat and Snow Meisers are step brothers. This means they have different fathers. Think about it...
    Now I can't unthink it. Sigh....

• She and Him! Swoon!
  • Nice, but I prefer the Glee cover:
    Don't judge me!
  • It's ok. It's just that Zoey is my dream girl.
  • The Santastic Six is a pretty cool remix album. The best is Party Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.
  • @RO liking Last Christmas: I'd love that song if the muzak at work didn't have approximately 10,000 remixes of it playing about every six seconds.
  • Russian makes everything better:
  • Aww, Hell yeah! Nightmare before Christmas!
  • German Making Christmas is pretty awesome. They renamed it "Our Christmas," which I think is better:

And Polish "Poor Jack" is just awesome:
  • Here we've got a Spanish-speaking uploader posting Japanese This is Halloween:

And "Cos'e," aka Italian "What's This":
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like vanilla doesn't like timecodes. Song starts at 1:55ish.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Alright not really Xmas music... But pretty cool.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like vanilla doesn't like timecodes. Song starts at 1:55ish.
    *Skip to 1:55* "DADDY'S COMING HOME HE PROMISED!" "FORGET ABOUT DADDY!"

Fuckin what.

Also, that kid is totally working that cake like a turntable.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited December 2011

And, my favorite Christmas song.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Live.radiodeadair.com is going to do its Christmas special at 9 pm est tonight. Come in and rock out!
  • It turns out that if you weren't brought up listening to The Pogues' Fairytale of New York, like my German girlfriend, the first minute sounds like nothing more than a drunk guy singing very badly out of tune. Which, of course, it is.

We had fun with the Nightmare Before Christmas songs though.
  • I happen to like Twisted Sister's Christmas album myself. Their rendition of the "12 Days of Christmas" is particularly amusing.