This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SOPA / Protect IP

Comments

• What's Napster, Uncle Pete?

• EDIT: I just realized that you and Sail were probably both like 8 when Napster was at its peak.

I was a Freshman.

In high school.
  • My stepsister used Kazaa.
    It killed our computer.
    She will never. Be. Forgiven.
  • I never used Napster too much. Real men knew how to get to the various "mp3 sitez" that had archives for download: Napster didn't have a lot of the music I actually wanted. I didn't bother with p2p really until I started rocking the WinMX and the OpenNAPs at RIT.
  • I used Kazaa.
    I never used Kazaa.
  • I was all about the mp3 sitez.
  • EDIT: I just realized that you and Sail were probably both like 8 when Napster was at its peak.
    Yeah, but I was already a pirate Elementary school, so.

And I was all about Limewire in my early days until I learned better and switched to torrents in middle school.
  • I used Kazaa.
    I never used Kazaa.
    I was a punk kid once. I was how I get teh animez back in the day.
  • Anonymous also took down the US Copyright website. They are on a fucking war path.
  • No one's fucking safe from anonymous.
  • a pirate Elementary school
    Hey mister! Surrender the booty!
  • No one's fucking safe from anonymous.
    I don't know if you meant that to be humorous but bravo anyway
  • Anonymous also took down the US Copyright website. They are on a fucking war path.
    I sure hope so. I want to see the US beaten in a cyber war. We spend all our time preparing for WWII again, we don't understand how conflicts are evolving. An intel war with anonymous would be very interesting to watch. I've just got to make sure I get out of here before it starts, though I'm already figuring that part out.
  • World War III won't involve nukes, bio, or chemical weapons. Instead, it'll involve some very dedicated geeks, a bunker full of Beowulfs, and all the silly elements of geekery we're used to.

Whoever starts it will topple a country overnight.
  • edited January 2012
    I used napster, then bearshare, then I smartened up and started torrenting.

Anyways:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Is it wrong that I got excited from that pic?
  • Only if you're excited by the censorship. Everything else is fine.
  • edited January 2012
    World War III won't involve nukes, bio, or chemical weapons. Instead, it'll involve some very dedicated geeks, a mountain full of Beowulfs, and all the silly elements of geekery we're used to.

Whoever starts it will topple a country overnight.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Well, to be fair, when I thought of the bunker, I was thinking of NORAD. I just assumed everyone else would be, too.
  • When you talk about a WW with several Beowulfs I assume the King in the mountain is involved.
  • Please, if you think the government really cares about Anonymous DDOSing public websites and you think that's some sort of cyber warfare, you are extremely naive. There is already a full on cyber war taking place with China and Russia trying to penetrate SIPRNet and NIPRNet. Anon are just a bunch of script kiddies who got ahold of daddies botnet.
  • Please, if you think the government really cares about Anonymous DDOSing public websites and you think that's some sort of cyber warfare, you are extremely naive. There is already a full on cyber war taking place with China and Russia trying to penetrate SIPRNet and NIPRNet. Anon are just a bunch of script kiddies who got ahold of daddies botnet.
    This is correct. I've said it before. Anon has to pull some real h4x. Put $1,000,000 in everyone's iTunes account. Get internal documents/e-mails from evil corporations/congresspeople and post that shit online.
  • We're fighting Russia again? When did that happen?
  • Only if you're excited by the censorship. Everything else is fine.
    Hey! There's nothing wrong with a little roleplay.

Also, a cheap hack would be simply infiltrating the credit agencies and posting everyone's credit score, since you can't get that for free (you have to sign up for some BS service, then cancel it, and hope they don't fuck you over).

NOTE: I'm talking about credit score, not credit report. I am aware that, once a year, they deign to tell you who your creditors are.

• Holy crap. 10 million signatures, over 3 million emails (not counting wikipedia), and more than a hundred thousand websites offline.
  • NOTE: I'm talking about credit score, not credit report. I am aware that, once a year, they deign to tell you who your creditors are.
    The credit score is included as part of the credit report.
  • The credit score is included as part of the credit report.
    Negatory, Megatron.
    Note: Credit report disclosures do not include credit scores. Your credit score disclosure must be purchased separately.