This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20111121 - Circumventing SOPA

edited November 2011 in GeekNights
(Since Scott hasn't implemented the automatic forum posting code.)

In regards to large cellphones, I remember Scott or someone saying that Apple will never change the size if the iPhone because the average person's thumb movement is in proportion of its dimensions.

Well Jeremy has the HTC Thunderbolt and HUGE long fingers. I'm talking Lana from Archer hands. He prefers the Thunderbolt vs the iPhone because of that.

Comments

• I love my iPhone screen size. I would never consider getting something larger, but I have tiny hands. No joke, I had to custom order my wedding band. The average female ring size is a 7, below which they stop making male rings. I am a 6.5.

This is my go-to excuse for why I was never successful at sports at a young age, as I still cannot get my hand around a football. I did however once pick up a women's football (who knew they made them in a smaller size for ladies games?) and I felt like John Elway throwing the Vortex out of the stadium.
  • I like the term "elephant DNS".
  • As I'm researching how to run a DNS server (per Ryms suggestion) I decided to randomly google "Circumventing SOPA" Geeknights is 4 of the top 5 hits. ^_^
  • I really am an ignorant noob when dealing with matters networking. Could someone point me in the proper direction for info on how to set up a DNS server, maintain logs of my activity and the like? Prease? Q_Q