This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20111129 - 100 Percent in Games

2»

Comments

• Zelda 64? Ocarina or Mask?
    Ocarina of Time. Once I completed that I think I sold my N64.

I'm just now listening to the episode, and it's funny how Ninja Gaiden is the go-to example for "Nintendo Hard" game. The final cut scene, seeing it for the first time, really was one of those HOLY SHIT I MADE IT moments in my life, probably unequaled by any game experience since.

• I can give two different examples recently of games where I didn't worry about 100% completion.

Batman:Arkham City. To be honest, I was playing this more for the story and voice actors. Once I finished the storyline game play, I've only gotten on a few times since to try and get 100% on the Riddler trophies and various other side missions.

With the new WWE '12, you have the option of getting unlocked content by spending XBox points instead of playing the story mode. Since I mostly play the wrestling games with other friends, I chose to spend the points to get the content.
  • I just 92% Saints Row 3, unless I can go through it co-op not going to bother with the last 7%
  • I accidentally the verb!
  • If you do go through it co-op, you will be the 99%
  • I 100% Bastion and got all of the Acheivements.
  • Somewhat recently:
    God of War 1
    Metroid Prime 3
    Odin Sphere (beat everything, didn't try to collect everything)

I remember ★96'ing Super Mario World as a kid.
  • That fail video is totally worth watching.