This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So Who Has A Tumblr?

1235»

Comments

• Dubstep so generic I used the drum notation on wikipedia almost beat for beat.
  • edited July 2013
    Thoroughly generic. Completely uninspired. A travesty of innovation.

It's wonderful.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Oh no. I wish I could listen to this right now.
  • Dayum son, I like it. I like it a lot.
  • This is fantastic.
  • I listened. Wow.
  • Glad you're all enjoying it. As you can see, this is track 9 of a 10 track album of two minute pop songs. About half of them are just as silly. Well, maybe not quite this silly, but almost.
  • I think this should be released as a CHRISTFUCK single with badass coverart.
  • I think this should be released as a CHRISTFUCK single with badass coverart.
    I'll start drawing it up.
  • Are we going to make a Remixing With The Sun style thing where FRCF cover CHRIStFUCK?
  • Nah man, Hard Road Restrung style - CHRIStFUCK as covered by the Sydney Philharmonic.
  • Is the rest of 2 minute pop unreleased?
  • Not sure why I didn't post this earlier, but during the summer last year I was extremely bored at one point and ranked all the NHL teams' jerseys. You see these kinds of rankings pretty regularly, but my problem with them is that they always conflate all the jerseys of a team and rank the teams 1 through 30, instead of separating the different styles of jersey. (For example, I think the New York Islanders have both the best and the worst jersey in the NHL).

Anyway, it is now rather out of date and I don't really plan to update it at the moment, but if you want to have a look, here you go.
  • I started a new tumblr. I'm filling it with lies; sweet, sweet lies.
  • edited August 2013
    Is the rest of 2 minute pop unreleased?
    Pretty much, though I've used some of the music in my videos. For example, track 1 is in this one:

And track 7, called Making Music (Keytar in your face) is in this video:

I also posted track 2, which was a song I wrote for Axel called I Like You, as an mp3 in the Music You Have Made thread. I now perform a much longer version at comedy shows:

Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Because I'm not cool enough for Tumblr, I just have a regular old website that I'm rebooting (again! (for reals this time!)).
    Knoxinator Productions
  • edited August 2013
    I just realized I never actually posted a link to my tumblr. I just came into this thread back in 2011, said "I have one!" and then left.
    Thief Rabbit
    Mostly just occasional art and shots from my film. I reblog on a different one and I have a writing one as well, but that will be secret for now.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I just queued up a couple weeks' worth of posts on the old Rymblr.
  • edited August 2013
    When I'm writing a verse I've often got rhyme schemes that go something like this:

A B blah A blah blah C
    B blah blah A blah blah C
    A B blah A blah blah C
    B blah blah A blah blah C

So my process usually involves bookmarking and cross-referencing several different rhyme lists to get an idea of the combinations available to me. From there its a matter of choosing blahs that modify the rhymes such that they fit together sensibly while continuing to attack the overall concept of the song.

EDIT: I guess just responded to a post from Jul 22nd. Didn't realize there was a third page.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I just queued up a couple weeks' worth of posts on the old Rymblr.
    I'm hoping for crazy sounding randomly italicized font changing madness.
  • Here too for good measure.