This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Scott Scott, Scott. Scott Scott Scott (Scott) Scott.

Comments

• I like that your problem is with my declaration of Rym being in the 1%, and not with Scott being gay.
  • I like that your problem is with my declaration of Rym being in the 1%, and not with Scott being gay.
    Always aim for the easy bits.
  • The most simple proof of Scott.
    Scrym - Rym = Scott
  • Scottaloo 2. Electric Boogaloo
  • Scott = Gay - Rym
    So when "Gay" lacks "Rym," "Scott" occurs?
    The implication was that Scott+Rym=Gay, but to make Scott have his own side, Rym was subtracted from both.

• Two Scotts don't make a Rym.
  • I thought it was Scott is the square root of disproving.
  • I can get away with making fun of Scott scott free, right?
  • ARE YOU SCOTTERTAINED?
    SSSS
  • Scotts, Featuring Lil' John

I'm fucked up!
    If you not pretentious ladies & gentlemen
    Get ready to get told
    Let's do it, Ha Ha

When I walk in the forum
    All eyes on me
    I'm with the front row crew
    You don't impress me
    We like CS
    We love NS
    we came to debate,
    Everybody its on!

Let's go!!!

Scots scott scottscott scott scott scottscott scott scott scottscott scott scott scottscott everybody!
    Scots scott scottscott scott scott scottscott scott scott scottscott scott scott scottscott everybody!!!
  • The large picture on the first page is really good scott!
  • The large picture on the first page is really good scott!
    The Wikipedia one and the Gladiator one are the Scottiest of them all.
  • I am Scotticus!
  • I am Scotticus!
  • . Rym is in the 1%.
    To be fair, I'm only in the 5%.

• . Rym is in the 1%.

You're in the $150K+ range? Awesome!

• . Rym is in the 1%.

5%?! OCCUP- no, no wait. Occupy is too harsh if you're only 5%.

GET IN RYM'S WAY ON THE SUBWAY EVERY NOW AND AGAIN

That's more appropriate, I think.

• edited February 2012
    It's kinda scary to me that to be in the 5% you have to have a HOUSEHOLD income of over 150k. I always thought people had more than that in general.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • It's kinda scary to me that to be in the 5% you have to have a HOUSEHOLD income of over 150k. I always thought people had more then that in general.
    If you could figure out the difference between then and than you could be in the 5% also.
  • It's kinda scary to me that to be in the 5% you have to have a HOUSEHOLD income of over 150k. I always thought people had more then that in general.
    If you could figure out the difference between then and than you could be in the 5% also.
    Drrrr, I do know the difference between then and than, my fingers don't seem to know it :-p

Oh shits, a household income of $150k? I'm getting close to being in the 5% then.
  • edited February 2012
    5% is only 1 in 20... I am amazed at the idea that 1 in 20 people make $150k. I don't know anyone personally that makes that much. Yet I know multiple 1% of intelligence people (though I have my doubts about the accuracy of the methods that assessment) and a few dozen PHDs.

Edit: Didn't realize it was household, but even with that I think it only really adds ~5 at most.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Well, I have a personal income of about that...
    Shhhhh Rym.

Out of curiosity, is that the level at which you would be willing to start paying exponentially greater taxes?

I know in our situation, a huge percentage of our income goes to student loans so our standard of living would decrease a lot if we started paying more taxes without any sort of benefit to student loans, and we don't really live that lavishly currently.

• Also in that vein, do you try to wriggle your way out of taxes? Romney managed to halve his.
  • You do write off interest on your student loans... so that does decrease your overall taxable income (if you have a lot of student loans). hahah, we've changed a thread about Scott to something else!
  • You do write off interest on your student loans... so that does decrease your overall taxable income (if you have a lot of student loans). hahah, we've changed a thread about Scott to something else!
    Only up until a certain threshold income. Once you start making more than a certain dollar amount, you can't write off any student loan interest anymore. Which sounds stupid, but when student loan payments are like $3k/month writing off that interest becomes a fairly major deal.
  • 3k a month, who made those financial decisions when you were picking a college!?!