This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Scott Scott Scott, Scott. Scott Scott Scott (Scott) Scott.

1234568»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Well, it solves inheritance disputes, and allows you to legally designate someone as your backup in case anything happens to you.
    But yeah, I would be fine getting rid of government marriage. I think the only reason it exists is that it is an old traditional thing, and it supports the nuclear family model.
    I think it is actually really hard to raise kids in a nuclear family. It's either have one underclass (women as homemakers) or another (servants like babysitters or nannies) in order for it to work.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Also a problem with child support, depending on the state, is that if you are not the father and do not prove it within a certain amount of time you will be stuck paying child support, at least what is owed if not through till the child is 18, regardless if you prove the child is not yours after the deadline. That is one of the largest flaws in that system, in my opinion.

link
  • Well, it solves inheritance disputes, and allows you to legally designate someone as your backup in case anything happens to you.
    If the government wasn't ass, they could just setup some computer system where you login and designate all these things. I just go in and type a list of people who can visit me in the hospital and who can execute my will and all that shit. Then everyone can go fill it out, marriage or no marriage.
  • Also a problem with child support, depending on the state, is that if you are not the father and do not prove it within a certain amount of time you will be stuck paying child support, at least what is owed if not through till the child is 18, regardless if you prove the child is not yours after the deadline. That is one of the largest flaws in that system, in my opinion.

link
    That whole not knowing who the father is stuff means you were doing some crazy shit to begin with. But yeah, it's a problem. It's simply solved, though. If there is any question the person is not the father, or even not the mother (rare, but possible), make the test mandatory before any sort of child support is decided on.
  • edited October 2015
    I wonder if Scott Apreche-ates this thread?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I wonder if Scott Apreche-ates this thread?

• So, I'd never seen this thread but it started me in like the middle of the thread (maybe I looked at it once) but somehow it went from just saying Scott in various forms to long winded discussions about government.

What happened.
  • Scott is what happened my friend.
  • Scottocracy
  • If we were in ancient Greece he would be Scotaclease
  • If he were a philosopher, he'd be Scotcrates.
  • If he was a musician he could be Scottman John.
  • If he were a programmer he'd be......Scott
  • If he were a coordinator, he'd be Rusty.

He'd be Rau Le Creuscott if he could do one push up.
  • If he was an explorer he would be Scott of the Antarctic, wait.