This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shit FRC Forum Says

12346»

Comments

• I got it as a gift. It's been sitting on my shelf waiting to be read between Farewell To All That and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, all of whom are now filing charges of reader abduction with my English teacher.
    What kind of English teacher confiscates a fucking book?

Also, FaLiLV is totally awesome.

• Taft looks like my Uncle. If my Uncle grew an awesome mustache. I mean my Uncle would look like Taft if he had an awesome mustache.
  • What kind of English teacher confiscates a fucking book?
    This one hasn't yet, but last year I had Homage to Catalonia taken away from me because I wasn't reading the Odyssey. Admittedly, I had been reading it in class for about a month, so this might have been called for.
  • I got it as a gift. It's been sitting on my shelf waiting to be read between Farewell To All That and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, all of whom are now filing charges of reader abduction with my English teacher.
    What kind of English teacher confiscates a fucking book?

Also, FaLiLV is totally awesome.

I once got a very dirty look from a teacher for reading Mick Foley's first book, Have A Nice Day, during a study period or a period where he was substituing and the period was treated as a study, I don't remember which. I think it was a combination of the cover and when the teacher opened the book to the first page, where Mick Foley recalls how he cursed after losing his ear during a match in Germany.
  • The last time I got called out on reading during class, I was reading Joyce's Ulysses. My teacher said, "So, what's interesting enough that you're reading it instead of the assigned material?" to which I responded, "Ulysses," and held up the book. My teacher (who had just graduated college and was intensely eager about teaching and English major geekery) broke into a grin and nerded out with me about Joyce in front of the class for around five or ten minutes. It was great.