This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Superbowl XLVI

edited February 2012 in Everything Else
That halftime show was shockingly good. It had great costumes, brilliant guest appearances, a good range of musical styles, an awesome lightshow, and ace performances all 'round. Thoroughly impressive; especially considering the abomination of a Blackeyed Peas performance that was last year's show. I can honestly say that I'd love to watch it a couple more times, which is not something I can say about any halftime shows previous.

I have nothing to say about the game itself. You guys can talk about that.
Post edited by Walker on

Comments

• Really? Madonna -- who at this point is only about 15% human -- did this awesome show?
  • What the fuck, who leads off with a safety. On the first fucking play.
  • Who are you rooting for?
  • Seeing that Neito is from Bean Town, I'm going to a stab in the dark and say the Patriots. Just a guess. :P
  • Im rooting for
    Photobucket
  • What the fuck, who leads off with a safety. On the first fucking play.
    This.

But also: Nice set of drives before and after half time, n'est-ce pas?

• Bring home the trophy, banana!
  • Is sport thing still going on?
  • Yes, HandEgg Bowl is still going on.
  • Ok, i know I'm a Pats fan and all, but how was that not called Pass Interference?
  • I'll bet I'm not the only New Englander grateful that the Puppy Bowl is on right now.
  • Remember that one episode where Scott said he didn't want to buy a Giants hoodie because he didn't think they would do well this year?
  • NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
  • We had no commercials here in Japan. They just stood around, it was horrible.
  • edited February 2012
    We had no commercials here in Japan. They just stood around, it was horrible.
    Awww. Super Bowl commercials are half the fun!
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I'm gonna have to go on youtube and watch them later.
  • Man. Nothing like living in the town the stadium's in. Everyone's going to be in a pissy mood for days.
  • Man. Nothing like living in the town the stadium's in. Everyone's going to be in a pissy mood for days.
    Take some videos and post them to YouTube. More like this please!

Take some videos and post them to YouTube. More like this please!

I'd rather not get nad-punched.
  • I didn't particularly care about the outcome of the game, so I just felt very apathetic throughout. That being said, I ended up getting really into the last quarter.
  • Man, Bradshaw sitting down in the endzone accidentally was kinda great. Won NY the game too. Last quarter comebacks are always satisfying.

Now I have to deal with the parade, since I work at the bottom of Broadway. Lessee how that goes. But Woo Giants!
  • I love that he didn't actually WANT the touchdown. He was going to milk the timer as much as he could, but he fell back on his ass. Awesome.
  • edited February 2012
    As a born and bred New Englander, I am, of course, upset that The Patriots lost.

That is all. Didn't watch the game.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited February 2012
    There's a new movement going on the internet, and the best way to sum it up is to just post it's hashtag: #weirdalforsuperbowlhalftime

I am 200% for this.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited February 2012
    There's a new movement going on the internet, and the best way to sum it up is to just post it's hashtag: #weirdalforsuperbowlhalftime

I am 200% for this.
    Absolutely 500%. Girls Generation is also acceptable.

The thing is, you guys think Madonna was bad, you have very short memories. I remember when the halftime show was an Elvis impersonator and it was in "3D" that didn't work.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • There's a new movement going on the internet, and the best way to sum it up is to just post it's hashtag: #weirdalforsuperbowlhalftime

I am 200% for this.
    Absolutely 500%. Girls Generation is also acceptable.

The thing is, you guys think Madonna was bad, you have very short memories. I remember when the halftime show was an Elvis impersonator and it was in "3D" that didn't work.
    Well as long as it is not up with people or produced by MTV it should be ok. Black Eyed Peas was a black eye to a string of solid shows of recent memory.
  • edited February 2012
    I would love to see something totally out of the box rather than a musical act. Have some crazy stuntman do something crazy. Make a circus out of it.

Here's another idea. I've always loved the pre-Pro Bowl individual skill challenges where QBs have to hit targets and stuff. Now that the Pro Bowl is before the Super Bowl, you could make a bigger deal out of these challenges, and have the final matchups take place at halftime of the super bowl.

Overall I'm very happy with how last night went. I'm not a Giants fan but I have nothing against them and am glad so many of my friends got to enjoy the win. Personally, I don't ever want to see Brady win another game. If he had won another Super Bowl, we'd be hearing about the era of Brady until the day we die. We still will to some extent, but at least now, we can point to teams like the Steelers and Giants and call BS when people over-inflate the Patriot dominance.

Post edited by Matt on